Jarren Williams HS Coach

How do you know Williams has beaten out Perry for the backup spot?

I don't and I've never stated he has beaten out Perry for the No. 2 spot. That wasn't the point or intention of my post. I actually haven't given up on Perry and think he has been written off too early by some posters. I am looking forward to seeing how the QB competition plays out in the next few months.

Advertisement
I don't and I've never stated he has beaten out Perry for the No. 2 spot. That wasn't the point or intention of my post. I actually haven't given up on Perry and think he has been written off too early by some posters. I am looking forward to seeing how the QB competition plays out in the next few months.

Guess I didn't understand what the point of the post was then.

He won. That is why we play the game.

We win, that we did and it was awesome.

Still, that throw was **** poor. It wasn't a back shoulder pass, it was behind the receiver and credit to Langham (welcome to Cane immortality as well for that catch) for coming up with the ball by reaching behind him to get it. That ball was supposed to go to the pylon on the back shoulder, but was horribly underthrown. Superior skill and effort to get it into the endzone there.

Advertisement
****, some of you act like you didn't watch the whole season last year and saw Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde at QB. Rosier had nice moments, and the win at FSU was flat out awesome, but if the kid was an accurate passer that game doesn't come down to a hail mary drive at the end for the win. rosier is severely limited in the passing department. don't see that changing in a few months unfortunately.

I think guys are confusing the FSU pass with the GTech pass. The FSU pass was a decent pass and a great catch and play. The GTech pass was a terrible decision and a terrible pass. But a win is a win, I'll take both.
Stupid throw??....To the outside shldr....
To the Wrong WR??....At 6'5......FOH

I think guys are confusing the FSU pass with the GTech pass. The FSU pass was a decent pass and a great catch and play. The GTech pass was a terrible decision, a terrible pass, a lucky bounce, and great concentration..... But a win is a win, I'll take both.

It means Jarren is young and hasn't been enrolled since May 2014 like Rosier.

What does it say about Rosier if he can only barely beat out an 18 year old true freshman?
Again, who said he's only "barely" beating him out. Cade Weldon was "barely" beating out JW for 3rd team reps when he got over the *** eyes. I'm all for JW winning the job, but he's going to have to do just that. Right now he's fighting for 3rd team reps. We'll see if he progresses enough over the summer to throw his name in the QB1 race.

"Barely..." FOH with that dumb ish. Barely winning the starting job is like barely ******* the prom queen.

Advertisement
The moles were hot garbage last year.😐 we should have stumped them by at least 21. The funniest thing is that FSU played Clemson tougher with Blackmon a frosh than we did with a 4th year Jr. pathetic
Funny thing is we played Syracuse a whole lot tougher than Clemson did...we play on grass rather than paper for a reason.

Again, who said he's only "barely" beating him out. Cade Weldon was "barely" beating out JW for 3rd team reps when he got over the *** eyes. I'm all for JW winning the job, but he's going to have to do just that. Right now he's fighting for 3rd team reps. We'll see if he progresses enough over the summer to throw his name in the QB1 race.

"Barely..." FOH with that dumb ish. Barely winning the starting job is like barely ******* the prom queen.

How about barely being pregnant ......barely getting elected .....or barely being a millionaire

CMR knows he needs better quarterbacking and has bent over backwards giving these other guys every opportunity to win the position. No one can ask for more.

To date...no one has stepped up and taken the position from Rosier despite his numerous flaws

CMR's going to go with whomever gives him the best chance to win. I support that 100%.

May the best man win it , whoever that is....but for now it's the incumbent until someone else proves he deserves to be our starter. No amount of wishing is going to change that.

Downgrading the person who's in front of you doesn't do it. Want the job? Think you can do a better job? Prove it!! Take it!!

As I've said numerous times before, I don't really care who's driving the bus....I just want to win be driven to the ACC Championship and farther

Last edited:
****, some of you act like you didn't watch the whole season last year and saw Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde at QB. Rosier had nice moments, and the win at FSU was flat out awesome, but if the kid was an accurate passer that game doesn't come down to a hail mary drive at the end for the win. rosier is severely limited in the passing department. don't see that changing in a few months unfortunately.

You know FSU had a top 30 defense last year, right? Why were we supposed to blow them out on the road, after 6-7 straight losses? Rosier led two TD drives with 5 minutes left and we're still trying to figure out ways to blame this dude, it's sad.

Advertisement
Some of you guys forget this team went days/weeks without practice last year and then didn't have a bye. Yet in hindsight we should've been blowing out all of our opponents.

Some of you guys forget this team went days/weeks without practice last year and then didn't have a bye. Yet in hindsight we should've been blowing out all of our opponents.

And then decided we didn't need all of our bowl practices either. Practice? Who needs it?

iversonpractice.gif

Do you know how to read? Or do you see a post that doesn't agree with your Rosier take and you start hammering at your keyboard like a mentally handicapped kid? I used the word "if" just like the poster I was responding to did. By the way, there is a difference between clearly winning a QB competition and one that is very close to the end. A coach will most likely give more leeway to a QB that clearly wins a competition compared to a QB that did just enough to be ahead of the other competitors. Regardless, you can still keep the Rosier poster above your bed even if he doesn't play well or play at all next season. Furthermore, you can keep believing that he's the sole reason the TEAM beat FSU and/or won the ACC Coastal. I couldn't care less.

Advertisement
You know FSU had a top 30 defense last year, right? Why were we supposed to blow them out on the road, after 6-7 straight losses? Rosier led two TD drives with 5 minutes left and we're still trying to figure out ways to blame this dude, it's sad.

I don't take away anything from Rosier that he accomplished last year, but if you take a look at our games from last season again, our defense bailed us out. If our defense doesn't create opportunistic turnovers, we lose to GT, FSU, UNC, and Syracuse. Rosier's performance in those games for large stretches were very mediocre. I just re-watched the games.

I don't take away anything from Rosier that he accomplished last year, but if you take a look at our games from last season again, our defense bailed us out. If our defense doesn't create opportunistic turnovers, we lose to GT, FSU, UNC, and Syracuse. Rosier's performance in those games for large stretches were very mediocre. I just re-watched the games.

Our defense ranked 75th in 3rd down efficiency last year. The turnovers were nice, but we need to stop acting like our defense was all world when teams like Ga Tech, Duke and Virginia had better statistical defenses. We should’ve shut out Syracuse and UNC, yet we gave up about 400 yards of offense to both. The mentality that our defense was the only reason we won last year is the biggest myth on this forum.

HUh ? Our defense is the reason Rosier had to lead a game winning TD drive . Our defense let Blackman March right down the field on us in crunch time.

HUh ? Our defense is the reason Rosier had to lead a game winning TD drive . Our defense let Blackman March right down the field on us in crunch time.

Defense was on the field pretty much the whole game bc Rosey cheeks couldn't hit a **** open receiver. Rosey had like 30 yards of offense in the first half! and don't tell me FSU defense was elite or anything bc they got torched by half the team they played. FSU game is the epitome of the chicken or the egg argument. I will admit that Knowles ***ed us that game when Redwine went down with injury.

Advertisement
Back