Jarren Williams HS Coach

The moles were hot garbage last year.šŸ˜ we should have stumped them by at least 21. The funniest thing is that FSU played Clemson tougher with Blackmon a frosh than we did with a 4th year Jr. pathetic

Yeah, cause we have done so well at beating them the last 7 years. We could have won the last three but didnā€™t. He did, period. Clemson was up big time for us. We had the news cycle and nobody was talking about them, the defending champs. Not defending Rosierā€™s performance those last two games but team looked flat and tired too. Blaming for them is fine but give the man his due for snapping the streak and winning the coastal. Why trash a man who overachieved to our benefit.

Advertisement
We win, that we did and it was awesome.

Still, that throw was **** poor. It wasn't a back shoulder pass, it was behind the receiver and credit to Langham (welcome to Cane immortality as well for that catch) for coming up with the ball by reaching behind him to get it. That ball was supposed to go to the pylon on the back shoulder, but was horribly underthrown. Superior skill and effort to get it into the endzone there.

Everything was wrong with it except one thing, well six things: the points counted. I know Langham had long history of making great last minute catches like that .... wasnā€™t that like his first catch ever or something like that. Well, certainly it was the first of 60 catches for him last year. Yeap, a clone of Playmaker he was. Are you old enough to have seen the horrible pass Kenny Stabler threw to end the Dolphinsā€™ dynasty? Think he was embarrassed by it? Rosier is noyjing like The Snake, but QBs get credit great wins with catches like that a lot.

Poor QB play compounds the issues with the run, in my opinion. When teams have no fear of your passing game, it's darn near impossible to impose your will in the run game. We need better QB play, and I don't care who we get it from.

and the oline is lacking.

Yeah, cause we have done so well at beating them the last 7 years. We could have won the last three but didnā€™t. He did, period. Clemson was up big time for us. We had the news cycle and nobody was talking about them, the defending champs. Not defending Rosierā€™s performance those last two games but team looked flat and tired too. Blaming for them is fine but give the man his due for snapping the streak and winning the coastal. Why trash a man who overachieved to our benefit.
TouchƩ

Everything was wrong with it except one thing, well six things: the points counted. I know Langham had long history of making great last minute catches like that .... wasnā€™t that like his first catch ever or something like that. Well, certainly it was the first of 60 catches for him last year. Yeap, a clone of Playmaker he was. Are you old enough to have seen the horrible pass Kenny Stabler threw to end the Dolphinsā€™ dynasty? Think he was embarrassed by it? Rosier is noyjing like The Snake, but QBs get credit great wins with catches like that a lot.

I know the name Stabler, but was born in '74 so I can't say I remember the play.

I get the point and I'll give him credit for putting it in the area. I'm sure his nerves were through the roof, so I get It. It was still a **** throw and Langham made a spectacular play. The guy has two amazing catches that msmost fans will always remember, but little else to his resume. There's nothing wrong with that as people tend tend to remember the spectacular.

Advertisement
I know the name Stabler, but was born in '74 so I can't say I remember the play.

I get the point and I'll give him credit for putting it in the area. I'm sure his nerves were through the roof, so I get It. It was still a **** throw and Langham made a spectacular play. The guy has two amazing catches that msmost fans will always remember, but little else to his resume. There's nothing wrong with that as people tend tend to remember the spectacular.

The throw was ugly, no doubt, but the result was beautiful. Sometimes a girls body is so hot, you just have to put a bag over really ugly face and enjoy the win.

Define ā€œnear the topā€. VT, GT, and Duke all had better total defenses than us. Why didnā€™t they win the coastal?

Team sacks: 1st
Team tackles for loss : 4th
Turnovers forced: 3rd
Passing Efficiency defense: 23rd
Scoring defense :27th

Now name one offensive category that Miami ranked in the top 40 nationally. I'll wait.

Team sacks: 1st
Team tackles for loss : 4th
Turnovers forced: 3rd
Passing Efficiency defense: 23rd
Scoring defense :27th

Now name one offensive category that Miami ranked in the top 40 nationally. I'll wait.

I'm not going to debate that the offense was better than the defense, so I'm just going to walk past your strawman there.

I wasnā€™t asking you to go on a scavenger hunt for statistics, I thought weā€™d debate general metrics like total and scoring defense. We did have a good scoring defense but again VT even had a better scoring defense. So if VTā€™s defense was better than ours in every well established metric, why didnā€™t they win the coastal?

I'm not going to debate that the offense was better than the defense, so I'm just going to walk past your strawman there.

I wasnā€™t asking you to go on a scavenger hunt for statistics, I thought weā€™d debate general metrics like total and scoring defense. We did have a good scoring defense but again VT even had a better scoring defense. So if VTā€™s defense was better than ours in every well established metric, why didnā€™t they win the coastal?

Suddenly you have to be a scavenger statistician to bring up turnovers forced, sacks and tackles for loss. Do you actually believe this **** you write? The defense was also top 10 in yards per play at 4.6 yards. Is that stat useless as well? I am too waiting for these juggernaut offensive stats since you seem to think that the only reason we won 10 games is because of Rosier. The only dumb response you have is "how come those other teams didn't win the Coastal, bro?".

Here's a stat for you, Rosier wasn't even in the top 100 in completion percentage of QBs with at least 168 pass attempts (Ranked 108 at 54.8%). IF you count the bowl game, Rosier was top 10 in interceptions thrown as well. Even if you don't count the bowl game, he was still in the top 20 of interceptions thrown. Shall I continue?

Advertisement
Suddenly you have to be a scavenger statistician to bring up turnovers forced, sacks and tackles for loss. Do you actually believe this **** you write? The defense was also top 10 in yards per play at 4.6 yards. Is that stat useless as well? I am too waiting for these juggernaut offensive stats since you seem to think that the only reason we won 10 games is because of Rosier. The only dumb response you have is "how come those other teams didn't win the Coastal, bro?".

Here's a stat for you, Rosier wasn't even in the top 100 in completion percentage of QBs with at least 168 pass attempts (Ranked 108 at 54.8%). IF you count the bowl game, Rosier was top 10 in interceptions thrown as well. Even if you don't count the bowl game, he was still in the top 20 of interceptions thrown. Shall I continue?

Lots of insults, misdirection and anger in your post friend. Calling my question stupid instead of answering it shows how weak your debating skills must be. Maybe next time put it on Twitter.

The throw was ugly, no doubt, but the result was beautiful. Sometimes a girls body is so hot, you just have to put a bag over really ugly face and enjoy the win.

When head bagging goes wrong :oops:
ugly-people-girls.jpg

You ain't baggin up my head up sweetie!!! C'mon We bout to do this going face to face!!

o_Oo_Oo_O:eek: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sometimes ugly can't be covered and you have to face the results

Last edited:
We couldnā€™t get the defense off the field unless we forced a turnover. I love the defensive aggression and the impact it can make on a game, but just call **** what it is. The defense was putrid on 3rd down, we let average passers shred us through the air, and the ones who couldnā€™t throw ran all over us. Our secondary has some ballers and we got some big time plays out of 3 or 4 guys. The rest? Delaney looked like Daffy Duck when we played Zone, Romeo Finley could only play down hill, Zach McCloud got ***-raped in coverage, and any time Robert Knowles hit the field, we might as well just put 6 on the board.

We couldnā€™t get the defense off the field unless we forced a turnover. I love the defensive aggression and the impact it can make on a game, but just call **** what it is. The defense was putrid on 3rd down, we let average passers shred us through the air, and the ones who couldnā€™t throw ran all over us. Our secondary has some ballers and we got some big time plays out of 3 or 4 guys. The rest? Delaney looked like Daffy Duck when we played Zone, Romeo Finley could only play down hill, Zach McCloud got ***-raped in coverage, and any time Robert Knowles hit the field, we might as well just put 6 on the board.

Even with all that, they were still among the national leaders in yards per play (which is much more indicative than total defense) and scoring defense. I believe they can improve significantly by using more 5 DB sets against spread teams that took advantage of mismatches against LBs last year. Clearly Diaz agrees, with the addition of the striker and an emphasis on more 4-2-5 sets.

Nobody is saying the defense was perfect but they were, by most measures, very good last year. If we're going to hold both the offense and defense to the same standards, one has a significantly further leap to make than the other. For all the complaining about 3rd down defense, Miami was 75th in the nation in third down percentage. The offense was 125th on third downs. There was literally four teams in the nation worse than Miami on third down last year.

If we're going to expect the defense to hold opponents to 300 yards and 14 points per game, than we'd better expect 500 yards and 40 points per game from the offense.

Advertisement
Even with all that, they were still among the national leaders in yards per play (which is much more indicative than total defense) and scoring defense. I believe they can improve significantly by using more 5 DB sets against spread teams that took advantage of mismatches against LBs last year. Clearly Diaz agrees, with the addition of the striker and an emphasis on more 4-2-5 sets.

Nobody is saying the defense was perfect but they were, by most measures, very good last year. If we're going to hold both the offense and defense to the same standards, one has a significantly further leap to make than the other. For all the complaining about 3rd down defense, Miami was 75th in the nation in third down percentage. The offense was 125th on third downs. There was literally four teams in the nation worse than Miami on third down last year.

If we're going to expect the defense to hold opponents to 300 yards and 14 points per game, than we'd better expect 500 yards and 40 points per game from the offense.

My observations take into account a little more than just the raw stats. It's not just the number of yards or points we gave up, it's the quality of opposition to which we surrendered those yards. By and large we played up to and down to our competition all season. Aside from Clemson, who I feel is just better, and Wisconsin, we generally played our best football against the best opposition on both sides of the ball. But on the flip side, we played **** poor against 1-8 UNC, 4-4 Syracuse, 4-7 Pitt, and 6-5 Virginia. I've caught a lot of flack on here for being a "Rosier defender" when the reality of it is that I just don't believe changing one component is all we need to do to right the ship and put us in a position to compete with the elite programs. Another thing we need to correct is this idea that inferior teams are just going to lie down for us. I don't care if it's UNC. That isn't an excuse for the defensive and offensive lines to both take a game off. That team is 1-8. They have nothing to lose. WE ARE THEIR BOWL GAME.

There's not a position group on the team that didn't let the wheels fall off at times last season. I think we can both agree that defense, and DL especially, was the best unit, but the white speck on top of chicken ****, is still chicken ****.

funny how youre willing to **** on our entire team in order to defend Rosier

Advertisement
I've caught a lot of flack on here for being a "Rosier defender" when the reality of it is that I just don't believe changing one component is all we need to do to right the ship and put us in a position to compete with the elite programs.

This has been my point as well. People think a magical switch at QB to a true freshman will lead us to a national championship, and it's just not the case until we play better all around.

This has been my point as well. People think a magical switch at QB to a true freshman will lead us to a national championship, and it's just not the case until we play better all around.
Whether or not he eventually leads us to a NC is beside the point. If we do need more pieces to get to that level, why wouldn't you want to improve the most important position on the field ASAP? Being a better QB than Rosier is all the justification I'll need when Jarren takes over.

funny how youre willing to **** on our entire team in order to defend Rosier
Well our running backs ran for 16 yards against Pitt, UNC out rushed us 176 to 59 and put up over 400 yards of offense, Syracuse had 264 yards rushing (5.2 per carry!), Toledo threw the ball for 344 yards, and Virginia had 384 passing and out gained us 439 to 358.

But you go ahead thinking it's funny and that throwing a True Freshman QB in there is going to fix everything.

Whether or not he eventually leads us to a NC is beside the point. If we do need more pieces to get to that level, why wouldn't you want to improve the most important position on the field ASAP? Being a better QB than Rosier is all the justification I'll need when Jarren takes over.
When he proves that he is, that will be the only justification anybody needs, most importantly, Mark Richt.

Advertisement
Back