Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
It was shared vaguely on this site by a reliable source that Williams has regressed in several areas this offseason. Would not be surprised if he wasn't here in the long run. TIFWIW.
If by reliable source you mean @dsddcane then you are misquoting him....he said Jarren needs to tighten up but i dont believe he ever used the word regressed. The way it was worded insinuated partying but no word of regression on his skillset or work ethic.

If i have the wrong source please link the correct post/sauce

Advertisement
Manny ended spring practice, the last time coaches were able to interact with players per NCAA rules, saying all three were equal. Diaz and Enos then said, what they do in the summer counts in re the QB race. Coaches are NOT allowed to interact with players during the summer per NCAA rules. Even blind people can see that coaches KNOW who is doing what during the summer. So the coaches have seen who has been putting in work during the summer. Now with Fall ball right around the corner, the coaches HAVE to say that it's still a 3 man race because the last time they had any knowledge of what the players were doing was Spring Ball. Remember NCAA regs dont permit them to interact with players during the summer so they dont know (wink wink nudge nudge) whos been doing what during the summer.

In closing it doesnt surprise me that its now a 2 man race. Someone didnt do as much as the other 2 during summer.
The question was not whether it is a 2 man race! The question was Williams is out!! If Williams is still allowed to practice though he may be down on the pole he's not out the race. He was always coming in at third due to what we saw in the spring. He can still come through and be the starter even if he's not putting in the work now. Miracles do happen...I don't think it will!

I always thought it was a 2 man race anyway!

Perry has yet to show pocket awareness. He either throws it on the drop back, takes a sack, or runs outside the pocket. There's no sliding around to buy time with Perry. Jarren has really good pocket presence to slide around. I have not seen Jarren take off enough to know if he can run. Perry runs upright and looks like he's going to have his head taken off. That maybe because he has short legs. Neither of these guys move like Tate though. I'll bet you could fit both of Perry's thighs inside one of Tate's.
Seen enough of Perry running to know he's not a dynamic runner at all. Wether he's better then Jarren is debateable, but neither are in Tate's class.

Advertisement
If by reliable source you mean @dsddcane then you are misquoting him....he said Jarren needs to tighten up but i dont believe he ever used the word regressed. The way it was worded insinuated partying but no word of regression on his skillset or work ethic.

He basically said that if Jarren doesn't tighten up, he may not be here. That's pretty damning.

I recall him saying that in his opinion, Jarren was the best fit to Enos system and that Jarren's main problem was belief in himself. He needed to have confidence and let that show.

Advertisement
I got N’Kosi winning the QB race bc he is the only one that can do what Jarren and Tate do individually. Jarren can throw, Tate can run... put them together and you got N’Kosi Perry.

Not sure I agree with this, but we'll see. Think he's got a great arm, he's no where near the runner that Tate is. Frankly haven't seen enough of Jarren and Tate to make a call yet. I know that Kosi showed some flashes last year, but he was way too inconsistent.

Advertisement

I'll clean it up than. No jarren isn't out of any race. & when I was speaking on anything hes regressed on it was all non football related activities. What most dont realize however is theres a standard on the field and off. As a quarterback that bar is held higher. He is constantly reminded that he needs to hold himself above that. Now yall please just let things play out. It's not even camp yet and yall ate making threads about kids out of position battles. That's extreme boredom

Remember the first day of spring drills when everyone annointed Williams?
What our half a ****** fans don't seem to understand is that this thing is a marathon not a sprint.

Everybody has already crowned their guy to be the starter, but don't realize how quickly that sh*t will turn if they come out stinking it up turning the ball over & play bad vs UF.

The QB race only determines who starts on 8/24, there's still an entire season to play after that A LOT can & will happen, people would be smart to let these QB's prove it on the field by actually winning games before they starting handing out trophies to any of'em.

Advertisement
Back