Jarren has dethroned Kaaya as the Dink and Donk us to Death KING đź‘‘.

Advertisement
It's ****** play calling and no OL protecting him, 14 sacks in two games suck. Pretty sure we lead the nation in that stat.

The oline played above average imo not great but I believe they held up enough to give our offense more opportunity to stretch the field and we still didnt.

The play calling is ****** and the offensive philosophy is ****** imo... we do all this presnap motion to get the defense in bad positions but it’s negated when all of our routes are thrown in front of the defense.

Defenses don’t have to worry about who is going to guard a receiver in motion when they know the pass is going to be thrown short and in front of them to make a quick tackle regardless.

Jarren was hardly the reason we lost. But less than 8yds an attempt is garbage. Up for debate whether that's on him, the play calling, a line that doesn't give him time, etc.

THE SLOWLY BUT SURELY DINK US TO DEATH MARCH smh 🤦‍♂️

Jarren can’t throw a dime deep to save his life. He under throws the deep ball every single time. He did it in the AA game, the spring games, and now he’s doing it weekly. 3 bad balls deep that would’ve easily won us the game last night. He got extremely lucky on the bad under throw to Harley. Harley and JT4 has TDs if the balls were accurate. Instead we settled for FGs.
I got bashed here for saying a bunch of try frosh QBs were way better than Jarren last week. Well, this week was more of the same. This week the true frosh across from him hit guys deep in stride and won the game.
This is something that has to be fixed. All good UM offenses have thrown deep balls effectively. Jarren maybe our best option but he’s not good enough. Neither is the entire offense outside of a handful of skill guys.

The deep ball to JT was on the money. JT didn't beat his man, but had inside leverage w/the DB over the top. The pass hit him in the chest, JT simply dropped another one.

Advertisement
The deep ball to JT was on the money. JT didn't beat his man, but had inside leverage w/the DB over the top. The pass hit him in the chest, JT simply dropped another one.
NO. That's completely false. The ball was short. Even Hasselbeck commented on it saying it was slightly under thrown. That slight under throw caused Jeff to slow down and gave the CB time to knock it away.

Yes, the defense sucked, but why can't we put up more than 25 points against North Carolina? Why do we have to settle for 4 field goal attempts against North Carolina?

This is my take 100%.... its North Carolina’s secondary we were up against, aside from their safety their corners are trash. Our running game did it’s job, and the QB maybe did it’s job if that’s what Enos and Manny want from the qb position but 2 passing Touchdowns isn’t going to cut it.

Advertisement
This is the definition of Dinked to Death...look at this play by play, important drive in the 1st half, the current score is 3-17 UNC.

1st & 10 at MIAMI 25
  • (4:04 - 1st) Mark Pope run for a loss of 1 yard to the MiaFl 24
  • 2nd & 11 at MIAMI 24
    (4:04 - 1st) Jarren Williams pass complete to K.J. Osborn for 1 yd to the MiaFl 25
  • 3rd & 10 at MIAMI 25
    (4:04 - 1st) Jarren Williams pass complete to Brevin Jordan for 1 yd to the MiaFl 26
  • 4th & 9 at MIAMI 26
    (4:04 - 1st) Lou Hedley punt for 44 yds, fair catch by Dazz Newsome at the NCaro 30

:stephenahand:

Jarren doesn’t have a pretty deep ball from what we’ve seen but I’ll take that 1000x over a gunslinger who turns the ball over. Gunslingers lose more games than they win, and let’s face, our 2 losses are not because Jarren is surgical over the middle opposed to throwing bombs. We lost that game bc our kicker missed a 26 yarder and our OL let a PAT get blocked. 4 points and we win the game. Everything else is extra.

Jarren doesn’t have a pretty deep ball from what we’ve seen but I’ll take that 1000x over a gunslinger who turns the ball over. Gunslingers lose more games than they win, and let’s face, our 2 losses are not because Jarren is surgical over the middle opposed to throwing bombs. We lost that game bc our kicker missed a 26 yarder and our OL let a PAT get blocked. 4 points and we win the game. Everything else is extra.
Well that and 4th and 17

Advertisement
Nobody is blaming the loss this week on Jarren. Week 0 I blame the refs and Jarren. Jarren played better than week 0. He played well enough to win this week. The loss is on Diaz for corching it up this week.
The ongoing issue is Jarren’s ability to throw a deep ball in stride. The more he plays the less confident we are he’s going to be able to make deep throws that win you the game. He simply has never done it in a game from the AA to now.
Many thought we simply needed a game manager at QB. Well, the defense isn’t as good this season as in the past. We are going to need more points and some quick strikes to win against average power 5 teams. That’s the reality.

Our OL has offered close to zero pass protection, so we've got to get the ball out quickly. Supposedly we have dynamic playmakers, so getting the ball in their hands and letting them do their thing is crucial to our success. I'm not giving Enos a free get out of jail card here, but last night JW was hardly the problem.

Advertisement
JT should have for sure caught that ball. KJ would’ve caught it but Jarren had some major under throws on the night. Sam Howell was money on the deep ball tonight as his guys caught balls in stride. That ball to Harley can’t be under thrown. That should’ve been an easy TD. I really like Jarren and I believe he will get better on those throws.

But no one pegged Jarren to be Patrick Mahomes , Baker Mayfield gunslinger. All we ask From Jarren is to be accurate in throwing into tight windows, throwing intermediate routes and not turning over the ball which was something that Rosier couldn’t accomplish. He has 3 passing TD in 2 games, would’ve been 5, if JT4 and Brevin caught their TD passes last game. You can win a NC with Jarren, **** Oklahoma is doing that with Jalen Hurts rn

I think he played fantastic. This play calling at the beginning of the game was terrible. Basically trying to make the offense fail

Advertisement
Back