Jaquan Johnson Rivals update 6/4

That All Dade photo had everyone thinking he was a lock.

Instead, he flashed ten different poses, and that's the one they chose.

Really altered our perceptions and the narrative on his recruitment.

That said, we're alive here, looking okay. This ain't smarmy *** Thomas or writing-on-the-wall Cook. Far from a breathe easy Duke, though. Getcha popcorn.

Advertisement
The difference between JaQuan Johnson and dalvin cook is that cook was already committed to Clemson, then UF, then switched to FSU. Johnson knows where he wants to go, just wants to be sure. MT6 wanted to leave Miami. He still wasn't sure if he should be at FSU or switch to USC. To say, "JaQuan is like MT6 & Dalvin cook" is lazy, and not true.

What's UF selling him?

51.jpg

1.gif

33.gif

52.jpg

53.jpg

Lol I'd be sold

Negged

Advertisement
This Kid has a lot of local pressure to commit to us and he knows it. UF has a ton of DB's but will he get the playing time? I think we win because he can come in and contribute right away. we need tim irvin to come aboard though. once he is aboard that will solidfy everything.

The difference between JaQuan Johnson and dalvin cook is that cook was already committed to Clemson, then UF, then switched to FSU. Johnson knows where he wants to go, just wants to be sure. MT6 wanted to leave Miami. He still wasn't sure if he should be at FSU or switch to USC. To say, "JaQuan is like MT6 & Dalvin cook" is lazy, and not true.

But we didn't know any of that at this point in their recruitment. We were saying "in his heart, he's a cane" about those dudes when it was June.

But we didn't know any of that at this point in their recruitment. We were saying "in his heart, he's a cane" about those dudes when it was June.

Dalvin Cook committed to Clemson in June of his junior year. Decommited then committed to Florida APRIL 6th 2013. It was obvious he didn't want to play for Miami because he committed to other schools. All this National signing day stuff is bs. Most players commit by the end of summer (especially early enrollees).

Dalvin Cook committed to Clemson in June of his junior year. Decommited then committed to Florida APRIL 6th 2013. It was obvious he didn't want to play for Miami because he committed to other schools. All this National signing day stuff is bs. Most players commit by the end of summer (especially early enrollees).

This is revisionist history. Everyone just KNEW that cook was playing the game and would ultimately be a Cane because of family.

Advertisement
Who is the everyone you are referring to? It was pretty clear from early on that Cook was going somewhere other than here. I think Canes wanted to believe that Cook was coming to UM, but nothing about his recruitment suggested he was.

This is revisionist history. Everyone just KNEW that cook was playing the game and would ultimately be a Cane because of family.

Maybe you're thinking of Sony Michel?

not everyone on this board

Advertisement
I get the feeling that he is so widely considered a cane that he can't get all the free **** he could get if he appears open... just seems too obvious.... maybe I'm just reaching...

Was all the optimism based on one picture? Have we not learned that throwing the u up means nothing for the kids.

Reminds me of Dixon's recruitment... Minus the Dwyer effect/ OSU.

UF in the lead

Advertisement
He and Jordan Cronkrite are flying together to The Opening and I know Jordan will be on him the whole time. Knowing Quan the way I do and the people around him, many of them want him to commit now but he is handling this properly and will do what is best for him but he has said that staying home does mean a lot.

He and Jordan Cronkrite are flying together to The Opening and I know Jordan will be on him the whole time. Knowing Quan the way I do and the people around him, many of them want him to commit now but he is handling this properly and will do what is best for him but he has said that staying home does mean a lot.

Thanks for the info.

Kid seems to be handling his recruitment with class, can't really ask for anything more (besides committing to the U).

Four-star safety Johnson remains wide open
Ryan Bartow

BRADENTON, Fla. - Jaquan Johnson has a plan in regards to his recruitment.

Jaquan Johnson hopes to make his decision this winter.
“Official visits before decision,” Johnson told 247Sports.com Friday evening at the IMG 7-on-7 National Championships. “Maybe at the U.S. Army (All-American) Game but I’m actually an early enrollee so it might have to be before then. My mind will probably be made by then.”
The Crystal Ball reads 89-percent for Miami.
“People are going to think what they like because of the things I wear or say sometimes,” Johnson said. “Its just because I’m in Miami. That’s all I can wear. That’s all I have.”
Who sticks out right now for the four-star defensive back?
“There’s no leader,” Johnson said. “I’m taking my time. I'm viewing all of my options. I’m not going to rush it. I’m taking my time and making a decision.”
Who is after the Miami (FL) Killian standout the most consistent?
“I’d say everybody. South Carolina, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama and LSU,” Johnson said. “Everybody being consistent. Picking my brain, seeing what I’m thinking about. Its really up in the air. I’d say everyone. Everybody is telling me the same thing. Early opportunity if I work hard. Its up to me to play. I want to give everybody a fair shake.”
The No. 26 prospect in Florida has only visited Miami this summer.
“I have Florida State coming. I believe on the 16 and 17th of July,” Johnson said. “Florida. Eventually going to Alabama, South Carolina and LSU. Maybe (for official visits) or I might do it in the summer. My parents wants to come with me, too.”
The No. 166 overall prospect in the nation adds his thoughts on some of the main programs pursuing him.
LSU - “DB nation. Lot of hype around them. Play fast ball.”

Florida - “(Defensive backs coach Travaris Robison) like another big brother. Right in the backyard. Just a ways from home. He’s looking forward to coaching me. That would be nice.”
Alabama - “(Offensive line coach Mario Cristobal) tells me how it is. I would get a chance if I work.”
Miami - “I’m the number one on their board. They want me bad.”
The U.S. Army All-American still has plans to play his college ball with close friend Tim Irvin, a four-star athlete at Miami (FL) Westminster Christian School.
“Me and Tim (Irvin) talk about it all of the time,” Johnson said. “We are supposed to go to Florida State (to visit) soon. God willing we will be together. If not we will meet each other in the future. I would be at strong safety (and) he would be at free.”

http://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-safety-Johnson-remains-wide-open-29251807

Advertisement
Back