Jaquan Johnson Rivals update 6/4

So UM just needs to handle our business this year and these kids will be locked in.

Go Canes

We've been saying that for 10 ******* years and it is LITERALLY never the case dude.

Cowboy, you're right...but when in the last 10 years has the U handled their business? I'm pretty sure if the U starts winning again, many more TOP recruits begin committing.

Not one thing any of us on this message board can do about it, don't get so upset. There isn't anything wrong with saying it. What do you want posters to say? They should just commit even though we haven't had a legit season in the last 10 years?

Advertisement
He'll make the best decision for him and that decision is to not go to a program that gives up 500 yards every game
And I don't blame the kid

Why? He's not a DT. If the RB's can churn out 1,000 yd seasons why would another top running back not want to come to the U? Where do majority of the top RBs in the league come from? It hasn't been Bama (Eddie Lacy is the exception), it hasn't been FL, it hasn't been fsu, it hasn't been Auburn...where do they come from? Clearly they come from teams with the top defense and national championships...right?

Don't want to sound repetitive, but one of the more disappointing recruitments I can ever remember. Not that the kid owes me/us anything, just thought he was going to be a special leader for this class and now I don't even feel confident he's going to be in it. Thought he was old school to the bone Cane.

He'll make the best decision for him and that decision is to not go to a program that gives up 500 yards every game

Why? He's not a DT. If the RB's can churn out 1,000 yd seasons why would another top running back not want to come to the U? Where do majority of the top RBs in the league come from? It hasn't been Bama (Eddie Lacy is the exception), it hasn't been FL, it hasn't been fsu, it hasn't been Auburn...where do they come from? Clearly they come from teams with the top defense and national championships...right?

lol he's not being recruited as a RB, but as a safety

Advertisement

lol he's not being recruited as a RB, but as a safety

Oh ****...my bad. Thanks for reminding me softly. ****, I was totally thinking of Jacques Patrick. Total fk up on my part.

Don't want to sound repetitive, but one of the more disappointing recruitments I can ever remember. Not that the kid owes me/us anything, just thought he was going to be a special leader for this class and now I don't even feel confident he's going to be in it. Thought he was old school to the bone Cane.

I feel the same way Swag. Like you said, he doesn't owe us anything, but after everything we heard after this past NSD, I figured this kid would be in the bag by now. The next 6 months are going to be crucial for Golden. This thing has the potential to fall apart.

Advertisement
It's looking more and more like maybe the people who were parroting the "CANE LOCK!" line weren't trying to convince other people a much as they were trying to convince themselves lest they admit that there are fewer and fewer UM "locks" every year. It's time that people start facing the facts about this program as it currently stands.

Doesnt say anything bad, people get a bad feeling, CIS

We get a bad feeling because, while he didn't say anything bad, he is saying all the same things that guys like Matthew Thomas and Dalvin Cook have been saying in recent years. We've gotten past the spring now and into the summer, and the anticipated wave of commitments from guys like Johnson and Peete and SBB and Ridley hasn't materialized. For YEARS I have been one to urge patience in recruiting, but even I am starting to think something is seriously ****ed right now.

Thomas and dalvin were never coming here, their comments about us were completely different from what jaquan is saying, the kid is truely looking at all the schools right now, in the end it will be between us and U***

To add everyone here built the hype of the early commitments from everyone which is stupid because a lot can change in the recruiting world and you are setting yourselves up for disappointment, to be honest no one should be excited about any recruit until they put ink on paper, that goes for all schools

Last edited:

We get a bad feeling because, while he didn't say anything bad, he is saying all the same things that guys like Matthew Thomas and Dalvin Cook have been saying in recent years. We've gotten past the spring now and into the summer, and the anticipated wave of commitments from guys like Johnson and Peete and SBB and Ridley hasn't materialized. For YEARS I have been one to urge patience in recruiting, but even I am starting to think something is seriously ****ed right now.

Thomas and dalvin were never coming here, their comments about us were completely different from what jaquan is saying, the kid is truely looking at all the schools right now, in the end it will be between us and U***

At this same point in their recruitment we said:

Thomas is coming, he's playing the game, only Alabama scares us.

Cook will be a Cane come signing day, his family is all here, he's just playing games.

Advertisement

At this same point in their recruitment we said:

Thomas is coming, he's playing the game, only Alabama scares us.

Cook will be a Cane come signing day, his family is all here, he's just playing games.

Thats what people on the board were saying and those were the very optimistic poster, their actions were different than jaquan, he has been to every UM function, cook and thomas rarely did, thomas didnt even do a proper visit, so until jaquan decides to either not visit or pull a matthew thomas then there is really no need to freak out

Him not committed at this point is scary in regards to the rest of the class...

Advertisement
What's UF selling him?
51.jpg

1.gif

33.gif

52.jpg

53.jpg

Advertisement
Back