Jaquan Johnson Rivals update 6/4

Miami Killian High School DB Jaquan Johnson says the Hurricanes remain very much in his recruiting picture.But so are a lot of programs.

-Says "I'm giving everyone a shot, whoever offers me," who lists over 20 offers including Miami.

-he talks with multiple Cane coaches "all the time."

-Says "They talk about me coming out there and seeing the facilities, to come around more," adding that "I'll come down to campus at some point, I'm not sure when yet."

-doesn't have any visits set up this summer but plans to narrow things to a top five at the end of July.

-The chance UM makes the cut?

-Says "It's a big chance,"

-Says "I just like that they're upfront with me, they play freshmen. The academics are amazing, classes aren't too big so I can get help when I need it. And the team is getting some good recruits, so they're going to come back like the old U."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1647036

Advertisement
I really respect this kid. Comes across as serious, focused and as a leader. He'll make an immediate impact for us on and off the field.

Advertisement
So UM just needs to handle our business this year and these kids will be locked in.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Gettin a bad feeling.

This. Not sure he's a cane on signing day if changes aren't made.

Just saying that everyone cracked him up to be the next Duke Johnson....he's had an offer...Duke was committed to us 18 months before he signed. ****, even Yearby was decommitted from FSU and committed to us by now, if I'm not mistaken. This guy has no plans to make it happen anytime soon.

Still my favorite player in the class, but getting nervous.

Advertisement
I wonder, will you guys still really respect him and hold him on a pedestal amongst his peers when he strings us along until january then signs with the gator?

hypothetically

The kid has never been a lock to anyone but the guys who creamed themselves at his all dade picture.

I dont like the statements in that article... im getting a bad feeling, too

190.gif

So UM just needs to handle our business this year and these kids will be locked in.

Go Canes

We've been saying that for 10 ****ing years and it is LITERALLY never the case dude.

I agree. If we handle our business on the field, recruiting takes care of itself. The only problem is that we haven't handled our business on the field in a loooooong time.

Advertisement
Thanks for posting before Paranos posted the same title with zero info attached

Doesnt say anything bad, people get a bad feeling, CIS

We get a bad feeling because, while he didn't say anything bad, he is saying all the same things that guys like Matthew Thomas and Dalvin Cook have been saying in recent years. We've gotten past the spring now and into the summer, and the anticipated wave of commitments from guys like Johnson and Peete and SBB and Ridley hasn't materialized. For YEARS I have been one to urge patience in recruiting, but even I am starting to think something is seriously ****ed right now.

He'll make the best decision for him and that decision is to not go to a program that gives up 500 yards every game
And I don't blame the kid

Advertisement
Back