Jaquan Johnson….

Kid doesn't want to stay home.

Staff has got to get him on campus asap.

Advertisement
is not about "home" this is probably one of the smartest kids ever when it comes to football , he wants to go somewhere he knows he'll be helped to take the next step he isnt sure miami can provide that is that simple

If the notion that it comes down to how we perform on the field this year has ever applied to a recruit, I think it applies to J Johnson.

If we lose him this staff has no one to blame but themselves.

Here we go again... U crazy... The kid has had an offer for like a year and could have committed at any time... **** he is Lamar Millers cousin so access is NOT an issue. He has said repeatedly that UM was recruiting him the hardest. He simply don't want to go here or he's playing some stupid *** game... Good luck to him because that **** usually don't work out too good...!!!

I'm sure he's a staff priority. I'm not debating that.

I think the issue with Johnson is the on-the-field-product. Not only is FSU the defending champions, but their defense also isn't an abomination. If we had a defense that he'd want to play in I think he'd be here already. I mean, we were hearing for a while to watch out for UF with Johnson. It's not because their team is great, but that's a defense that defenders want to play in. I'm sure if Muschamp wasn't on the hottest of hot seats, their defensive recruiting would be even better.

This kid is not elite. He ain't no Sean Taylor and he is not better than Jamal or Deon or even Kiy Hester from last year. He has stated that all he was looking for was "opportunity", well he will get it here...! I've seen plenty of freshman get the chance to prove themselves on the field with Golden. Jaquan is looking at Deon, Crawford, and Jenkins as seniors, Jamal as a JR, Hester and Gayot as Soph and he might be the only Freshman... **** He could start by his Soph year...

Either way, someone with talent is going to take the scenario above... No worries...

Advertisement

Here we go again... U crazy... The kid has had an offer for like a year and could have committed at any time... **** he is Lamar Millers cousin so access is NOT an issue. He has said repeatedly that UM was recruiting him the hardest. He simply don't want to go here or he's playing some stupid *** game... Good luck to him because that **** usually don't work out too good...!!!

I think the issue with Johnson is the on-the-field-product. Not only is FSU the defending champions, but their defense also isn't an abomination. If we had a defense that he'd want to play in I think he'd be here already. I mean, we were hearing for a while to watch out for UF with Johnson. It's not because their team is great, but that's a defense that defenders want to play in. I'm sure if Muschamp wasn't on the hottest of hot seats, their defensive recruiting would be even better.

This kid is not elite. He ain't no Sean Taylor and he is not better than Jamal or Deon or even Kiy Hester from last year. He has stated that all he was looking for was "opportunity", well he will get it here...! I've seen plenty of freshman get the chance to prove themselves on the field with Golden. Jaquan is looking at Deon, Crawford, and Jenkins as seniors, Jamal as a JR, Hester and Gayot as Soph and he might be the only Freshman... **** He could start by his Soph year...

Either way, someone with talent is going to take the scenario above... No worries...

Good god, some of you guys are nuts.

This kid is absolutely elite. We've been hearing more and more about how he's improved since his injury and how he's really starting to put on size. The staff on this site that has seen him live has sang their praises.

More importantly, he's a leader in the SoFla high school community and would help with other kids. That's something we've missed in recent years.

But let me guess, if he was a heavy UM lean, everyone here would claim he's the next Ed Reed, right?

Just like when Ermon Lane signed with FSU, everyone who was high on the kid immediately bashed him and said he was the next Fred Rouse.

Don't care about the depth chart, talents like him are a necessity to reach an elite level, not a luxury.

Last edited:
Said it before. Will say it again. Cane. If Irvin and Cole come. I see Jaquan here. The D does need to improve though. Need to show him something. Very early. We've been up there for him this whole time, can't picture him somewhere else. He's one of those kids that's really gonna weigh his options. We can't bomb our season. He's been very pro Miami. We need to up the pressure.

Also believe this is more of one of those FSU hype things too.

He is one we must prove to with on field performance. We play like crap on D. Don't expect him here. We show life and promise and an appealing play for him. Doubt he turns us down. We are in the thick of it. Gotta show him. Landing Cole and Irvin will be a big pull for him to come. They all want to play together.

Last edited:
I don't like how this recruitment is going and its got nothing to do with the staff or anything else. Some fishy **** going on with this.

Advertisement
I'll say though, would be ultimate troll job if he didn't come here. Been very pro Miami during his time at Killian. Yeah some schools catch his interest but I've been more worried about South Carolina with him than any other team. Believe he's originally from there. Really do believe he is one we have to win over with our play and performance on the D. Don't have to take my word for it, even though people concerned with his recruitment, I've always felt good on our chances with him. Staff needs to be stuck like glue on him.

Good god, some of you guys are nuts.

This kid is absolutely elite. We've been hearing more and more about how he's improved since his injury and how he's really starting to put on size. The staff on this site that has seen him live has sang their praises.

More importantly, he's a leader in the SoFla high school community and would help with other kids. That's something we've missed in recent years.

But let me guess, if he was a heavy UM lean, everyone here would claim he's the next Ed Reed, right?

Just like when Ermon Lane signed with FSU, everyone who was high on the kid immediately bashed him and said he was the next Fred Rouse.

Don't care about the depth chart, talents like him are a necessity to reach an elite level, not a luxury.

Bro you've given him the elite status too quick.... 5' 10" / 180 running 4.75 40 is not elite. He maybe a ball hawk that MIGHT turn into the next Ed Reed, but that's not likely regardless of where he goes to school...

But whatever... Your saying he wants to get coached up so he can make it to the NFL? Well them he should go to ALABAMA... He is not afraid of competition right... Oh, but he might have to wait to get playing time there. He does claim to have that offer? NO? No brainier then...

At this point, the kid is waffling.. He's seen everything there is to see in terms of schools, he's been to all the camps, he's been "loved" on by all the coaches, etc.

What, he wants to see how we do this season and make a decision on that? What like 9 and 4 is a green light and 7 and 6 I better find a team with a better record? Give me a break... Just pick a school with a decent program and "some" coaching stability... The big three In FL school are all good, UGA, Auburn are all great choices. Obviously, I would love for him to pick Miami, but it's not the end of the world.

I just hate the games, Oh but I forgot, it's a business and he's got to feed the family... Whatever. Listen, If he is "elite" as you all claim, then he will do fine wherever he goes! Preferably, Miami... Go Canes!

Would hurt to lose a recruit like this, especially to FSU, but I have learned over the years there are no sure things in recruiting.

Advertisement
So far, maybe the most disappointing recruit since I started following recruiting. Not that I think he will be the greatest, but I thought he was going to be the leader of the class and now it sounds like he might not even be in it.

I fell for it too. All we heard was how much of a leader he was and when he came on board everyone else would follow. That's what I get for following recruiting.

Everybody needs to calm down, he'll commit to e late in the process and make the best decision for himself so it's faaaaaaaaaaaaar from over

Advertisement
Not a take for FSU right now apparently. Don't bash the kid's talent level because he's exploring his options. He's been touted as the most important recruit by countless of you all.

I don't think anyone knows at this point - not even Johnson. Early UM lean, then UF, now FSU and it's only August.

One thing we know for sure is that he is not leaving the state of Florida. so our chances are high.
How do you know that?

No insider info but he seems to only really talk about the 3 state teams. only team i think can take him away is Bama and they already have 3 safeties, SBB, Rico, and dude from texas. but Bama still isnt that far from home. His relationship with Bush, and when Irvin commits thats going to play a factor and depth chart will. everything leads to us. he knows what he has in Miami. he just wants to visit the other schools without going to far from home. I like our odds though.

Not expecting Johnson in this class right now.

Maybe Ice Harris can sway him to stay home.

Advertisement
Back