Jan 13-15 OV pics/reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a semi-related noted, I may be in the minority but I loved the switch to Adidas. They have been good to us.

I feel like Adidas took off big time since we signed with them. Obviously not realted but Adidas is neck & neck with Nike right now.

Adidas is still garbage. It was our own doing Nike didn't pony up. We had fallen off the map big. They pay for quality in return. If we were still running things they would have ponies up. Adidas took us on hoping we could help their brand when we rise up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im usually with ya kid but Adidas has come a long way. Probably more popular right now then Nike. Everybody rockin' the yeezy's now.

Yup. A bunch of hypebeasts. If Nike don't make the mistake they make to let Kanye walk, Adidas would have been in a real bad spot. Ye literally saved that brand. It had nothing going. The worst part about it is that the Yeezys literally look like the Nike Roshe with some adjustments to the upper part and ridges in the sole. Same goes for the ultra boost which looks like the Nike Presto. I can't respect that.

I'm not wild about Adidas but they've been great to us this past year. These classic Unis are flame. Idc enough about shoes to argue tbh. Anyway have a good one bro & as always Go Canes!

Advertisement
I feel like Adidas took off big time since we signed with them. Obviously not realted but Adidas is neck & neck with Nike right now.

Adidas is still garbage. It was our own doing Nike didn't pony up. We had fallen off the map big. They pay for quality in return. If we were still running things they would have ponies up. Adidas took us on hoping we could help their brand when we rise up again.

Im usually with ya kid but Adidas has come a long way. Probably more popular right now then Nike. Everybody rockin' the yeezy's now.

Yup. A bunch of hypebeasts. If Nike don't make the mistake they make to let Kanye walk, Adidas would have been in a real bad spot. Ye literally saved that brand. It had nothing going. The worst part about it is that the Yeezys literally look like the Nike Roshe with some adjustments to the upper part and ridges in the sole. Same goes for the ultra boost which looks like the Nike Presto. I can't respect that.

I'm not wild about Adidas but they've been great to us this past year. These classic Unis are flame. Idc enough about shoes to argue tbh. Anyway have a good one bro & as always Go Canes!

I feel you my dude. All love bruh.

Anyone still worried about Njoku?

good grief that kid is real world huge. Not hudl or rivals huge.....actual huge.

Idk. Y'all keep saying Nike this and Adidas that, but have you seen the new FILA's!?!

He said he's not even sure if he's done growing. Grew 2 inches from his OV to his podcast w Pete. Harold Carmichael was an All Pro 6'8 WR. So Could be interesting if he grows even more

Last edited:
Advertisement
Evidence Njoku is a TE all day.

No way that kid isn't already 215.

His brother was 215 when he came in.

He's a wr, you guys try to make anybody with size at wr a TE

Yeah cuz there are a ton of 6-6 215 pound receiver prospects.

GTFO. He's only going to grow. Njoku will be the next great TE at TE U.

Anything is possible, but THE STAFF SAYS HE'S COMING TO PLAY TE. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

The day Manny Diaz leaves I will shed a tear. I love that guy man.

Willie, you're telling me with a straight face that Nike in the past 10 years with the clam, orange/green helmets, bra strap had better uniforms than our current retro ones?

Nah my dude I'm talking about the brand overall.

so the merchandise you get to buy is more important than the team's on field uniform?

Advertisement

Willie, you're telling me with a straight face that Nike in the past 10 years with the clam, orange/green helmets, bra strap had better uniforms than our current retro ones?

Nah my dude I'm talking about the brand overall.

so the merchandise you get to buy is more important than the team's on field uniform?

I'm not following you. I was just saying in general that Nike is better. What adidas has done for us is great. But at the same time they were desperate. They need a school to carry their brand and they are banking on us. We had fallen way off the map and Nike wasn't gonna pay what Adidas was when they have a plethora of other schools to pour money into. It's a crazy stat, but of the 12 playoff teams, all 12 have worn Nike. Nike pays those schools big. I guarantee you if we were still running things we would have gotten paid by Nike. It's all business for those schools.

In a semi-related noted, I may be in the minority but I loved the switch to Adidas. They have been good to us.

Hater.

No shame in my game. I'm a huge Nike fan.

So looking at stock performance, brand recognition, hype, and what they did for Miami you think Nike was the move? Yeezy, Ultraboost, NMD, Human Race, Pharell, Pusha T, Harden, along with Miami is the move right now. Ultraboost sales and hype around Adidas in general is crazy. Nike rely's on retros and Presto's and that is it. We got Adidas on the upswing like they figured they got us.

Also look at reviews on youtube by the big time shoe channels and reviews all over Adidas Bball shoes with the Lillard and crazy explosive are some of the best Bball shoes available. Along with Bape, Naked, Shoesnstuff, Kith, and every other huge brand doing colabs with Adidas.

Last edited:
Tried telling people to trust the Njoku genes when people were doubting him.

Hope their little brother gets an offer as soon as possible too.

Advertisement

Hater.

So looking at stock performance, brand recognition, hype, and what they did for Miami you think Nike was the move? Yeezy, Ultraboost, NMD, Human Race, Pharell, Pusha T, Harden, along with Miami is the move right now. Ultraboost sales and hype around Adidas in general is crazy. Nike rely's on retros and Presto's and that is it. We got Adidas on the upswing like they figured they got us.

Stock performance is a bad comparison. Adidas doesn't trade on the US market. Even if we did follow that, Adidas loses their NBA deal this year and Nike gets it. It's going to really hurt Adidas and help Nike

Second, Harden just dropped a shoe and it got BAD reviews. The first ones got clowned. It is no where near ready to compete with Bron, Kyrie, or Kobes. Paul George just dropped and has had better reviews. The only shoe in the NBA keeping up with any of those is Currys. And somewhere down the line, Nike will capitalize on Westbrook and drop his Jordan line.

Third, Adidas got mad lucky they got Kanye. If they hadn't I don't think they would have gone on this run. All the shoes you mentioned minus the Stan Smiths really took off once Kanyes set the tone.

I would also say Nike relies on much more than Js and Prestos. Air max, Roshe, sock dart, Frees, and their basketball lineup are all hot! Js will always be relevant and they will keep dropping them.

Manny Diaz helped me enjoy Canes football again. Need offense to start embarrassing teams again and we are back.

Advertisement

Hater.

Stock performance is a bad comparison. Adidas doesn't trade on the US market. Even if we did follow that, Adidas loses their NBA deal this year and Nike gets it. It's going to really hurt Adidas and help Nike

Second, Harden just dropped a shoe and it got BAD reviews. The first ones got clowned. It is no where near ready to compete with Bron, Kyrie, or Kobes. Paul George just dropped and has had better reviews. The only shoe in the NBA keeping up with any of those is Currys. And somewhere down the line, Nike will capitalize on Westbrook and drop his Jordan line.

Third, Adidas got mad lucky they got Kanye. If they hadn't I don't think they would have gone on this run. All the shoes you mentioned minus the Stan Smiths really took off once Kanyes set the tone.

I would also say Nike relies on much more than Js and Prestos. Air max, Roshe, sock dart, Frees, and their basketball lineup are all hot! Js will always be relevant and they will keep dropping them.

Lucky they got Kanye? Its called business, and here you go naming old *** shoes again Roshe, Air Max. Their bball line up is hot? You okay in the head? Their **** brand new bball shoes are in outlets because they don't move. Stock price is relevant along with moving of the brand. Look around how many kids rock Adidas everything now? Who is the sponsor and gear for the biggest 7v7 team in FL? I will tell you it isn't Nike. Lillard along with crazy explosive are 2 of the best shoes on the market for bball. The new Kobe and Kyrie 3 are hot garbage. Sock darts had hype for 30 seconds and died.

I get it you live and breathe Nike for some reason, but the last 2-3 years Nike hasn't produced anything game chaning. 4 of their 5 top shoes were retro's remakes in 2016 Space Jams, Flu Games, Banned 1, cement 3's,and all of them except the Acronym Presto. Overall Nike does nothing but survive on the name. They don't even push technology anymore, the last thing they did was Zoom and how old is that? Also most of their releases sit on shelves now cyber 3s, yin/yang 1, wool 3, wool 12, alternate 12's, blackcat 6's, every labron, every kobe, and every other shoe that wasn't super hyped 15 years ago sits around waiting to hit outlets.

Last edited:
Evidence Njoku is a TE all day.

No way that kid isn't already 215.

His brother was 215 when he came in.

He's a wr, you guys try to make anybody with size at wr a TE

Yeah cuz there are a ton of 6-6 215 pound receiver prospects.

GTFO. He's only going to grow. Njoku will be the next great TE at TE U.

Anything is possible, but THE STAFF SAYS HE'S COMING TO PLAY TE. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

You can't believe everything you hear - we also heard we'd be eating lunches with crossing routes, and over the middle passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back