Jan 13-15 OV pics/reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in Germantown from 1998-2016. I know the name Champions. Where was it located in Germantown? I'm trying to remember the name of the little seafood restaurant off 118 between Wisteria and Middlebrook. Anyway, yeah there are a lot of Canes in the area now. In some parts of the city I would see more UM gear than UMaryland gear.

I just moved with my family from Germantown to NC.

[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=9338]RVACane[/MENTION]
I forget, where are you guys at in mont co? I'm in Gaithersburg.

I'm close to you with my kids who live in Bethesda though I live in Richmond. Medley is in Annapolis I believe.

Didn't realize there were so many Canes fans here in the D.C. area. Probably a lot more. They've got a good alumni group now, very good. I am not an alum, but helped start the alumni group here in the '80's and it was so hard to find UM fans to show up at a Hurricane Watch party. We started out holding them at the great, but now gone, sports bar in Georgetown, Champions. Why they closed, I don't know. It was legendary.

Champions was a great sports bar in Georgetown...so was sports fans.

Advertisement
We were in Germantown from 1998-2016. I know the name Champions. Where was it located in Germantown? I'm trying to remember the name of the little seafood restaurant off 118 between Wisteria and Middlebrook. Anyway, yeah there are a lot of Canes in the area now. In some parts of the city I would see more UM gear than UMaryland gear.

I just moved with my family from Germantown to NC.

I'm close to you with my kids who live in Bethesda though I live in Richmond. Medley is in Annapolis I believe.

Didn't realize there were so many Canes fans here in the D.C. area. Probably a lot more. They've got a good alumni group now, very good. I am not an alum, but helped start the alumni group here in the '80's and it was so hard to find UM fans to show up at a Hurricane Watch party. We started out holding them at the great, but now gone, sports bar in Georgetown, Champions. Why they closed, I don't know. It was legendary.

Champions was a great sports bar in Georgetown...so was sports fans.

Jesus... Champions was there when I went to AU. I remember going to some place by 19th st to watch games later on.

This threads completely derailed. I say lock it up and start another with some decent info from this past weekend.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back