Jan 13-15 OV pics/reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, soak that moment in.

Coulda. Shoulda.

Now, head for West-By-God.

Don't be to quick to judge the young man, because for him to come play for Miami he has to make his sister give up her scholarship to WV since they are a package deal. His family can't afford to pay college tuition for any of their kids (since counselors at STA were helping him with money, an tuition for STA at $12K is cheaper than college tuition). Harley's Family will have to figure out someway for his sister to attend college when/if he flips to Miami.

[video=youtube;mkUBBxh-uQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUBBxh-uQU[/video]

I don't feel bad. 90% of American students have to get scholarships, grants or loans to go to college. If she wants to go for free, find a scholarship or be better at her sport. If she can't get that then take a loan. Why is her brother responsible for her college career?

he isnt..its a made up story the people on the board use to justify him staying committed to wvu. His sister has no bearing on his college decision...i dont even think she lives down here either. i think its a joke made by his dad on his twitter...that our fans ran with caue they cant fathom him sticking with wvu...when we lost a recruit to fiu 2 classes back...sh*t happens

Seriously bro, you don't think his sister lives here? Watch the video the mom talks about how his sisters massage Harley every night after practice because he is so soar. So unless they have magic hands that can span any distance, they live here! **** Gogeta, I thought you were better than that.

Go Canes

the same magic hands they use...must be the same ones you use to type up the made up package deal story about his sister to wvu. Stick to unearthing naia defensive tackles brah.

Advertisement
Don't be to quick to judge the young man, because for him to come play for Miami he has to make his sister give up her scholarship to WV since they are a package deal. His family can't afford to pay college tuition for any of their kids (since counselors at STA were helping him with money, an tuition for STA at $12K is cheaper than college tuition). Harley's Family will have to figure out someway for his sister to attend college when/if he flips to Miami.

I don't feel bad. 90% of American students have to get scholarships, grants or loans to go to college. If she wants to go for free, find a scholarship or be better at her sport. If she can't get that then take a loan. Why is her brother responsible for her college career?

he isnt..its a made up story the people on the board use to justify him staying committed to wvu. His sister has no bearing on his college decision...i dont even think she lives down here either. i think its a joke made by his dad on his twitter...that our fans ran with caue they cant fathom him sticking with wvu...when we lost a recruit to fiu 2 classes back...sh*t happens

Seriously bro, you don't think his sister lives here? Watch the video the mom talks about how his sisters massage Harley every night after practice because he is so soar. So unless they have magic hands that can span any distance, they live here! **** Gogeta, I thought you were better than that.

Go Canes

What the **** is wrong with you

LMFAO. Idk why but this has me dying.

Just started reading this thread and trying to figure out wtf is going on. So far, I have seen discussions on uniforms, stocks, and Harley's Instagram.

You forgot Geography and the climate in different states during January. You're welcome!

Advertisement

Go Canes

the same magic hands they use...must be the same ones you use to type up the made up package deal story about his sister to wvu. Stick to unearthing naia defensive tackles brah.

LMAO! Truth to the fullest.

The writing is on the wall with Njoku. He is going to be a TE. He is 8 months away from entering college and he looks like he's 220lbs already. There has NEVER been a player in history who was 6'6 220lbs in January of his senior year in High School who remained a WR as a senior in college.

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin?

Reason I probably agree with buddy bout the te or I'll even throw out de like calais is cause buddy is already a legit 6'6 like 200lbs.

Advertisement
Evidence Njoku is a TE all day.

No way that kid isn't already 215.

His brother was 215 when he came in.
You haven't seen his film if you think he starts at TE...His hudl film is riddled with KO and Punt retruns as well as outrunning DB's and Safety's for TD's

6'6 195 pounds you can call him whatever you want, but he ain't lining up as a traditional TE any time soon. This dude's lanky.

Marshall should have put Randy Moss at TE.

6'6 195 pounds you can call him whatever you want, but he ain't lining up as a traditional TE any time soon. This dude's lanky.

By the end of this thread Njoku's measureables will change more than the 2015-2016 legend of Sam Bruce.

Someone on TOS wrote that Harley said on his snapchat "There might be a flip, I don't know", TIFWIW

I think the kid's genuinely conflicted. He's torn. If we had left him alone after he said he's "shutting down" his recruitment, he'd be gone. Our coaches wouldn't take no for an answer and kept pushing. They probably sowed some doubt in his mind, told him what he'd be missing, and perhaps worked his mom (and other close people) as well.

I wish we'd been on him a little bit earlier, because it might have prevented the development of the relationships he built with the WVA staff. I guess coaches loved his speed, but saw some drawbacks, probably his size and he probably didn't show some of the innate football talent that some other receivers (like Thomas) have. Still, given the fact two (Holloman, Jeudy) of our top three ended up not coming, and the third (Smith) might be very dicey, the second tier, including Pouncey and Harley, move up the board. Different kids react differently. Pouncey was only too happy to untie himself from Notre Dame, Harley is having a much harder time working through any issues. Who knows what they are. I think he must truly have a very tight bond with at least somebody on the WVA staff. The problem is, there is so much turnover on college football staffs that the guy who you bonded with so tightly might be gone after a year or two. Hard realities of life haven't always sunk in for kids still in their teens. It happens with girlfriends, other friends, coaches and people who might mentor you at work.

Also, sometimes the coach you bonded with might not turn out to be such a great guy when you end up in his program.

I think Harley is working through this and I believe he is genuinely trying to figure out the situation. I still think his heart is WVA for some reason but he also knows what it would be like to forsake the U and south Florida for the relative obscurity of the West Virginia hill country.

Advertisement

By the end of this thread Njoku's measureables will change more than the 2015-2016 legend of Sam Bruce.

6'6 225 by wed

I'm pumped for him to hit 7'0. Could be the first ever UM football player to do so. Graham came up a bit short of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on TOS wrote that Harley said on his snapchat "There might be a flip, I don't know", TIFWIW

I think the kid's genuinely conflicted. He's torn. If we had left him alone after he said he's "shutting down" his recruitment, he'd be gone. Our coaches wouldn't take no for an answer and kept pushing. They probably sowed some doubt in his mind, told him what he'd be missing, and perhaps worked his mom (and other close people) as well.

I wish we'd been on him a little bit earlier, because it might have prevented the development of the relationships he built with the WVA staff. I guess coaches loved his speed, but saw some drawbacks, probably his size and he probably didn't show some of the innate football talent that some other receivers (like Thomas) have. Still, given the fact two (Holloman, Jeudy) of our top three ended up not coming, and the third (Smith) might be very dicey, the second tier, including Pouncey and Harley, move up the board. Different kids react differently. Pouncey was only too happy to untie himself from Notre Dame, Harley is having a much harder time working through any issues. Who knows what they are. I think he must truly have a very tight bond with at least somebody on the WVA staff. The problem is, there is so much turnover on college football staffs that the guy who you bonded with so tightly might be gone after a year or two. Hard realities of life haven't always sunk in for kids still in their teens. It happens with girlfriends, other friends, coaches and people who might mentor you at work.

Also, sometimes the coach you bonded with might not turn out to be such a great guy when you end up in his program.

I think Harley is working through this and I believe he is genuinely trying to figure out the situation. I still think his heart is WVA for some reason but he also knows what it would be like to forsake the U and south Florida for the relative obscurity of the West Virginia hill country.

I don't think it's the school he is attached to as much as the coach Seider. I think it's hard to build these relationships and then tell a coach thanks but I'm not coming anymore.

Advertisement

6'6 225 by wed

I'm pumped for him to hit 7'0. Could be the first ever UM football player to do so. Graham came up a bit short of it.

Starting LT potential.

6'6 225 by wed

Starting LT potential.

Gonna need a tall QB to get that ball over him consistently.

6'6 225 by wed

Starting LT potential.

Perry will be 6'12 1/2 by the time he enrolls.

6'6 225 by wed

Starting LT potential.

Perry will be 6'12 1/2 by the time he enrolls.

I'll take it. The Miami Giants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back