Jan 13-15 OV pics/reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandy, Jaquan, Shaq, Pinckney, Norton, Walton...

There's starting to be a lot of THAT type of personality on this team.

The no excuses
Work to earn it
DOGGED determination

Mentality. Fine by me.

Advertisement
The thing I don't get about this alleged package deal with the sister is I don't understand it being a conditional
offer.
This infers that the WVU women's basketball coach has not rated the sister worthy of a scholie on her own merits.
What kind of program sacrifices a precious scholie so that the football team can bring in a WR?
I know Louisville sort of did the package deal with the Norland LB and his brother.
But that was strictly a football decision, not involving other UL programs.

I asked this about Lingard's cousin, who people suggested we got in on a track scholarship and let him practice with the football team to see if he's any good.

It all comes down to who calls the shots in the Athletics Department. I assume at WVU if the football coach, who is bringing in the most money, asks for that type of favour he gets it.

The track coach isn't giving out a scholarship to someone not worthy b/c the football coach asks for it to see if they can get a potential football player out of it.

The thing I don't get about this alleged package deal with the sister is I don't understand it being a conditional
offer.
This infers that the WVU women's basketball coach has not rated the sister worthy of a scholie on her own merits.
What kind of program sacrifices a precious scholie so that the football team can bring in a WR?
I know Louisville sort of did the package deal with the Norland LB and his brother.
Didn't the ****** brother wind up contributing more at Louisville than the alleged star?

Advertisement
[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=9338]RVACane[/MENTION]
I forget, where are you guys at in mont co? I'm in Gaithersburg.

Pouncey rated his weekend a 10 out of 10 - perfect.

Unfortunately he's going to take his visits to Texas and Tennessee. Announcing on signing day.

offer.
Didn't the ****** brother wind up contributing more at Louisville than the alleged star?

Not sure Chise......alleged star did wrap up his career at Western Kentucky this past season.

Advertisement
offer.

I asked this about Lingard's cousin, who people suggested we got in on a track scholarship and let him practice with the football team to see if he's any good.

It all comes down to who calls the shots in the Athletics Department. I assume at WVU if the football coach, who is bringing in the most money, asks for that type of favour he gets it.

I think the track team only has 12 scholarships to split up amongst a lot more than 12 participants. They're not going to take one of those precious 12 and give a full scholarship to a kid who is a marginal track athlete in order to make the football team happy.

If UM wants to try to appease Lingard my guess is they'll wait till after NSD and if we have spots open we'll take a flier on Tiny Tim.

[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=9338]RVACane[/MENTION]
I forget, where are you guys at in mont co? I'm in Gaithersburg.

I'm close to you with my kids who live in Bethesda though I live in Richmond. Medley is in Annapolis I believe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bandy, Jaquan, Shaq, Pinckney, Norton, Walton...

There's starting to be a lot of THAT type of personality on this team.

The no excuses
Work to earn it
DOGGED determination

Mentality. Fine by me.

Yawn. Just win. As long as they can play that's all that matters.

Yeah, soak that moment in.

Coulda. Shoulda.

Now, head for West-By-God.

Don't be to quick to judge the young man, because for him to come play for Miami he has to make his sister give up her scholarship to WV since they are a package deal. His family can't afford to pay college tuition for any of their kids (since counselors at STA were helping him with money, an tuition for STA at $12K is cheaper than college tuition). Harley's Family will have to figure out someway for his sister to attend college when/if he flips to Miami.

[video=youtube;mkUBBxh-uQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUBBxh-uQU[/video]

I don't feel bad. 90% of American students have to get scholarships, grants or loans to go to college. If she wants to go for free, find a scholarship or be better at her sport. If she can't get that then take a loan. Why is her brother responsible for her college career?

he isnt..its a made up story the people on the board use to justify him staying committed to wvu. His sister has no bearing on his college decision...i dont even think she lives down here either. i think its a joke made by his dad on his twitter...that our fans ran with caue they cant fathom him sticking with wvu...when we lost a recruit to fiu 2 classes back...sh*t happens

Seriously bro, you don't think his sister lives here? Watch the video the mom talks about how his sisters massage Harley every night after practice because he is so soar. So unless they have magic hands that can span any distance, they live here! **** Gogeta, I thought you were better than that.

Go Canes

What the **** is wrong with you

Advertisement
@gogeta just said Harley and his sister are not a package deal and that that was pretty much a twitter rumor. If that's the cause then I think our chances have improved ever so slightly.

And to people who are asking the hypothetical question "why would his recruitment have anything to do with her education?" Stop and think logically for a minute from the parent's perspective. Why would parents want their child to be burdened with debt when there is a viable alternative that also includes both children playing D1 college sports and at the same school no less?

With this free education for his sister myth exploded, all we need is for Harley to get out of his feelings about these so-called "relationships", recognize this is a business decision, and that UM is way better than WVU both academically and in football.

Don't be to quick to judge the young man, because for him to come play for Miami he has to make his sister give up her scholarship to WV since they are a package deal. His family can't afford to pay college tuition for any of their kids (since counselors at STA were helping him with money, an tuition for STA at $12K is cheaper than college tuition). Harley's Family will have to figure out someway for his sister to attend college when/if he flips to Miami.

[video=youtube;mkUBBxh-uQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUBBxh-uQU[/video]

I don't feel bad. 90% of American students have to get scholarships, grants or loans to go to college. If she wants to go for free, find a scholarship or be better at her sport. If she can't get that then take a loan. Why is her brother responsible for her college career?

he isnt..its a made up story the people on the board use to justify him staying committed to wvu. His sister has no bearing on his college decision...i dont even think she lives down here either. i think its a joke made by his dad on his twitter...that our fans ran with caue they cant fathom him sticking with wvu...when we lost a recruit to fiu 2 classes back...sh*t happens

Seriously bro, you don't think his sister lives here? Watch the video the mom talks about how his sisters massage Harley every night after practice because he is so soar. So unless they have magic hands that can span any distance, they live here! **** Gogeta, I thought you were better than that.

Go Canes

What the **** is wrong with you
[MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION] that's some creepy shît. It sounds like Harley will fit in with the WV lifestyle the way you describe it. I'm sure he can find some athletic trainer or coed to rub him down when gets to school.

offer.

I think the track team only has 12 scholarships to split up amongst a lot more than 12 participants. They're not going to take one of those precious 12 and give a full scholarship to a kid who is a marginal track athlete in order to make the football team happy.

If UM wants to try to appease Lingard my guess is they'll wait till after NSD and if we have spots open we'll take a flier on Tiny Tim.

Right, I don't think that flies in the Hecht Athletic Centre.

If Holgorsen makes that request though to get Harley on board I don't doubt it'd be granted. The Harley's want his sister to get a Bball scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back