James Williams will be a cane

I'm not sure if you realize that Mack Brown- who is now apparently "the one that got away" for Canes fans- went 7-6 last year. That's a coach with a like 3 decades of coaching under his belt, and he won ONE more game last season than first year head coach Manny Diaz. It seems UNC proved to you that it takes football seriously because it won one game more than Miami.

Now if I was doing a fair analysis and you showed me a coach that went 7-6, and a coach that went 6-7, but the 6-7 coach went out and got the best offensive coordinator on the market, an excellent OL coach, then got the best transfer QB, and then brought in two starting linemen to shore up his offensive line, while the coach that went 7-6 did nothing to improve the team, I'd say the coach that went 6-7 is the one who has established that he takes football seriously.

If you're ok with Miami being temple serious about football then hey good for you. I'm not saying Mack brown is some super star great coach but he's better than Diaz. Look at the schools hirse since Coker.....unc has made better hires.. Davis is better than anything Miami has brought in during that time **** you can argue Mack brown is too.... chit his is better. Nonetheless, it seems as if unc cares more about its program than Miami does of late. I mean, wtf has Diaz done or do to warrant a job at Miami? Same with Shannon and golden. Lazy, trash hires. Any coach that coaches at Miami needs to have NFL ability/potential.

Advertisement
King is greater than Marve or Jacory Harris
  • Mallory/Brevin are greater than Derick Epps, Chris Zellner, or Richard Gordon
  • Pope/Wiggins/Payton will be greater this year than the collection of freshmen receivers that Miami rolled with in 2008
  • Lashlee will be greater than Patrick Nix

Might have a good to great OL coach.
A kicker finally
Probably one the top DL's in the country if not the best.

Soft scared of a basketball school, the fight Sam Howells. They barely won last year in North Carolina vs a deflated jarren and horrific o-line constructed by enos. They needed our kicker to miss kick after kick just to win

And now that great QB Howell just lost his starting LT to the league. Our DL is going to eat.

Listening to Dwinstitles always keeps me grounded about not getting any SFL bag boys. All I want to know is how do we create a $ystem to secure most of the top 5 talents in S. FL every year? We need to get at least 2 or 3 5 stars from S. FL every year. CB's, OL & DT's. We are 0 for 1000 when it comes to securing elite cb's. Marcus Forston was like 12 years ago. McDermott a long time ago.
Who even thinks that Forston would be a take for elite squads now with the great evals the elites have. They may still let that kid come to UM......we need to understand they are playing chess at recruiting and we still playing connect four. When we get high rated guys who actually come I like to see if one of the elite schools pushed for them or it was a smoke screen like Cager. Bama didn't want Cager he wanted Bama.....alot of posters won't like to hear the truth.
Who on our roster did the SEC OSU and Clemson desperately want and let's this the list....there is only three teams in the SEC LsU Bama Auburn.
People think cause u have an offer from bama it's a real offer when most of the time it isn't. Bama also wasn't winning when they got Julio Jones....(I could be wrong on that)

Who even thinks that Forston would be a take for elite squads now with the great evals the elites have. They may still let that kid come to UM......we need to understand they are playing chess at recruiting and we still playing connect four. When we get high rated guys who actually come I like to see if one of the elite schools pushed for them or it was a smoke screen like Cager. Bama didn't want Cager he wanted Bama.....alot of posters won't like to hear the truth.
Who on our roster did the SEC OSU and Clemson desperately want and let's this the list....there is only three teams in the SEC LsU Bama Auburn.
People think cause u have an offer from bama it's a real offer when most of the time it isn't. Bama also wasn't winning when they got Julio Jones....(I could be wrong on that)

Georgia took Cager so he was wanted by the $EC

Advertisement
Mark Richt is, was, and always will be a pvssy! He did not belong at Miami
Dumb as ****. He may have been burnt out, but he gave us a 10 winseason, we had all that hype. It felt good again to be a Miami fan if only for a little while. And he spearheaded the IPF. **** outta here with the Richt slander. Did more for us than you ever will. ******* dip****.

Dumb as ****. He may have been burnt out, but he gave us a 10 winseason, we had all that hype. It felt good again to be a Miami fan if only for a little while. And he spearheaded the IPF. **** outta here with the Richt slander. Did more for us than you ever will. ******* dip****.
On the real though, how'd you use the F word without it getting blanked out?

Advertisement
Mark Richt is, was, and always will be a pvssy! He did not belong at Miami
F251C509-86BD-47AD-A723-A329818F37BE.gif

If you're ok with Miami being temple serious about football then hey good for you. I'm not saying Mack brown is some super star great coach but he's better than Diaz. Look at the schools hirse since Coker.....unc has made better hires.. Davis is better than anything Miami has brought in during that time **** you can argue Mack brown is too.... chit his is better. Nonetheless, it seems as if unc cares more about its program than Miami does of late. I mean, wtf has Diaz done or do to warrant a job at Miami? Same with Shannon and golden. Lazy, trash hires. Any coach that coaches at Miami needs to have NFL ability/potential.

Lol. You complain about lazy trash hires then whine about Miami not getting Mack Brown. If you think Mack Brown was a NFL caliber coach, I don't know what to say.

Most posters here that actually understand football would have been totally fine if Blake James indicated he was evaluating 5 potential candidates and Diaz's name was on the list. Diaz was worthy of consideration given that the defense was the only part of the team that was consistently good that past few years. However, I could not support Miami paying Temple millions for him. Once he signed with Temple, that train should have sailed. If I saw Mack Brown's name on the list of candidates I would have thrown up in my mouth.

And it seems you think going from Mark Richt to Mack Brown would be an upgrade? I really hope you say you do because I need a good laugh today.

You clearly have no understanding of the common thread between all the winning coaches at Miami. You know what is? Innovation. Innovation is how Miami competed with bag programs, and the issue of schools paying recruits was far worse back in the day when there was no oversight.

Schnelly innovated in recruiting. No one did what he did. JJ innovated on defense. Erickson innovated on offense. Davis was innovative in how he evaluated players. All the other schools copied Miami and caught up so Miami needs to innovate again to get an edge. Maybe it's a new scheme or the way the school supplements recruiting in the portal. I think Miami could have an edge when it comes to the new NIL rules. Figure out a way to monetize the S Fl market and show players they can make more legal money with Miami than they can under the table from bag programs. If the next AD has a brain, leave the ACC and become a pioneer (maybe in conjunction with other private schools like USC and Baylor) in streaming games. Amazon would pay zillions for exclusive rights to CFB games. Also no one has cable anymore or watches ESPN- get in front of that and make $$$

The school doesn't need old retread program builders, it needs an innovator. I wasn't a fan of the hire- I wanted Cristobal. But I had to pick between Diaz and Mack Brown, I'd choose Diaz all day long over Mack Brown. Brown is arguably the biggest underachiever in the history of CFB if you take resources and recruiting grounds into consideration. Diaz might end up being a massive flop but I like what he's doing with the portal and he is 100x more innovative than Mack Brown.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Larry Coker won a national championship in his 1st year. Since you seem fixated on 1 year performance, I assume you think Miami was wrong not to offer him a lifetime contract after that. Funny that this championship winning coach never coached at a P5 after getting fired a couple years later. Its almost as if a one year snapshot doesn't tell you Jack **** about a head coach's capacity to build and sustain a program.

Mack Brown had unlimited resources and the all the top recruits in the country for almost 15 years. He won ONE championship in all that time, when he happened to have an all time great college QB. If there was ever a coach that did less with as many resources, I'd like to know who it is. Only other contenders in recent memory I can think of are Mike Shula and Charlie Weiss.
The roster Coker was blessed with for his 1st year doesn't compare to any CFB team ever. So, you cant compare Diaz to Coker's 1st year

The roster Coker was blessed with for his 1st year doesn't compare to any CFB team ever. So, you cant compare Diaz to Coker's 1st year

Sure you can. Coker got a loaded team immediately won a championship and went to championship the following year. The dummies on this board would have LOVED to see Miami give a lifetime contract and lock him up until he retired. You can't really have a better 1st two years. Of course, making a long term determination based on the 1st 2 years of a head coach that inherited an all time great team is epically stupid. What happens when the players he didn't recruit cycle out? Can he sustain a program in year 3, 4, 5?

Diaz inherited a garbage team. You know it. I know it. Anyone with a brain knows it. The team went 7-6 and was so pathetically bad that it forced the Mark Richt into retirement. That offensive line that was a sieve? Mostly the fault of Searles (who BTW was hired by "genius coach" Mack Brown) If you are judging Diaz long term because of a bad 1st year, that is just as dumb as wanting to give Coker a long time contract because he won with Butch Davis's players. I'm not saying this because Diaz is the Canes coach- I think as a general rule all head coaches should get 4 years before a fair analysis of their coaching abilities can be fairly determined.

As I've said a million times- I'm skeptical that Diaz will succeed, but I am objective enough to say that in year 2 he has done what championship coaches like Orgeron and Dabo did after seasons went sideways. They didn't double down like Golden or Richt did and say that the problem is execution, not scheme. Nope, these coaches made massive scheme changes and it paid off. Diaz did every single thing I would have suggested on the offensive side of the ball. I'd have liked to see more changes on D, but I get that Diaz wants to ride or die with his boys on D, since he probably isn't getting to year 3 if Miami has another bad season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back