James Williams will be a cane

From Senor Ivins:

Speaking of Banda, the assistant appears to be the primary reason why the Hurricanes made the "final two" for American Plantation five-star safety James Williams last week. Williams told me earlier this week that he views the folks in Coral Gables as "family" and has felt that way ever since he initially gave a verbal commitment to Miami the spring before his sophomore season while on campus at a Junior Day.

I still think that Georgia should be considered the leader and have no plans to move my 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast off the 'Dawgs' anytime soon, but think that things could get very interesting down the stretch if Manny Diaz is able to win a bunch of games in Year 2 as that would give Williams a reason to stay home. I'll add that Williams has indicated that he plans to take official visits to both UM and UGA (likely after his senior season) before announcing a decision close to or during the Early Signing Period.

Advertisement
Diaz inherited a horrible offense and ST. Absolutely atrocious. No OL, no reliable WRs, injured star TE, and an immature dolt at QB. The only thing he had was decent RBs,but that doesn't do much good when the OL cant block. The defense was decent. Thats about it. No reasonable person could look at that 2019 team and say Diaz inherited a good situation. That team was so bad it literally caused Richt to retire and almost die of a heart attack.
The team had plenty of talent. Diaz mismanaged the team & didnt hold players accountable.

We went 6-7 but could easily have went 9-3 if we closed a couple games out. Our roster has had plenty of talent. I'm not going to keep explaining myself.

Lol-yeah, Miami has been 'family' before and we know how that usually goes.

I'll believe it (signing with UM) when the paperwork is signed and faxed in to UM. (Do they still use a fax machine??)

(I'm remaining cautiously optimistic regarding season and recruiting)

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200626-122216_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
I stop reading your after you said I'm complaining about Miami not getting Mack brown. You made that BS up. Mack brown is a better hire than Manny Diaz. That's it. Matter of fact UNC has made better hires than Miami has the past 15 years. Simple *** comments. These aren't directions on how to build a space ship.
U lost your mind if u think/thought fedora is a better hire then richt!

U lost your mind if u think/thought fedora is a better hire then richt!

Before you try to say somebody lost they mind read and understand the point first. UNC has made better hires than Miami last 15 years or so. The only hire Miami has made even worth mentioning was richt and that was just yet another hire that you can add to the list of lazy hires. Miami hasn't had a real coach since Butch Davis.

Before you try to say somebody lost they mind read and understand the point first. UNC has made better hires than Miami last 15 years or so. The only hire Miami has made even worth mentioning was richt and that was just yet another hire that you can add to the list of lazy hires. Miami hasn't had a real coach since Butch Davis.
Ok so far, all i see is your opinion where are your stats? record comparisons, who are all the coaches since butch left! for unc and um? Coker, shannon, golden, scott, richt and manny! Who are the coaches for unc?

Advertisement
Listening to Dwinstitles always keeps me grounded about not getting any SFL bag boys. All I want to know is how do we create a $ystem to secure most of the top 5 talents in S. FL every year? We need to get at least 2 or 3 5 stars from S. FL every year. CB's, OL & DT's. We are 0 for 1000 when it comes to securing elite cb's. Marcus Forston was like 12 years ago. McDermott a long time ago.
U mention elite corners... Hahaha. Now go back in to your memory banks since you say the bar should be 2 or 3 South Florida 5 stars, when was the last time we SIGNED 1 single widely recognized 5 star. That rivals,scout & ESPN & 24/7 saw as 5 stars. Also just for ***** and giggles how many 5 stars you think there are in the entire country every year let alone South Florida to where the basic *** recruiting we do should land 2 or 3 annually...

And to add a friendly amendment to dsdd, the dominance of Miami’s defense has never been based on having lock down corners. It all starts up front and then it’s layered with high caliber players throughout. You don’t need a team full of 5 stars, you need a TEAM mentality with a few elite players and great leadership on the field.

Lol. You complain about lazy trash hires then whine about Miami not getting Mack Brown. If you think Mack Brown was a NFL caliber coach, I don't know what to say.

Most posters here that actually understand football would have been totally fine if Blake James indicated he was evaluating 5 potential candidates and Diaz's name was on the list. Diaz was worthy of consideration given that the defense was the only part of the team that was consistently good that past few years. However, I could not support Miami paying Temple millions for him. Once he signed with Temple, that train should have sailed. If I saw Mack Brown's name on the list of candidates I would have thrown up in my mouth.

And it seems you think going from Mark Richt to Mack Brown would be an upgrade? I really hope you say you do because I need a good laugh today.

You clearly have no understanding of the common thread between all the winning coaches at Miami. You know what is? Innovation. Innovation is how Miami competed with bag programs, and the issue of schools paying recruits was far worse back in the day when there was no oversight.

Schnelly innovated in recruiting. No one did what he did. JJ innovated on defense. Erickson innovated on offense. Davis was innovative in how he evaluated players. All the other schools copied Miami and caught up so Miami needs to innovate again to get an edge. Maybe it's a new scheme or the way the school supplements recruiting in the portal. I think Miami could have an edge when it comes to the new NIL rules. Figure out a way to monetize the S Fl market and show players they can make more legal money with Miami than they can under the table from bag programs. If the next AD has a brain, leave the ACC and become a pioneer (maybe in conjunction with other private schools like USC and Baylor) in streaming games. Amazon would pay zillions for exclusive rights to CFB games. Also no one has cable anymore or watches ESPN- get in front of that and make $$$

The school doesn't need old retread program builders, it needs an innovator. I wasn't a fan of the hire- I wanted Cristobal. But I had to pick between Diaz and Mack Brown, I'd choose Diaz all day long over Mack Brown. Brown is arguably the biggest underachiever in the history of CFB if you take resources and recruiting grounds into consideration. Diaz might end up being a massive flop but I like what he's doing with the portal and he is 100x more innovative than Mack Brown.
I'm too tired for the rest. What did you think of the Shannon hire? Also while he's we were innovators we weren't saints....... Lastly the thought of showing kids what they can make under the new format SOUNDS great. However realize the football powers that ARE bag schools have that same argument. The real licensing plays will be at the football powers not only because now there boosters can legally get behind them but also because now their fans can legally get behind them as well... Not too mention this theory doesn't negate the fact BAGS SCHOOLS WILL STILL BE BAG SCHOOLS. Now they just get more lucrative for the kids they really want.

Advertisement
I'm too tired for the rest. What did you think of the Shannon hire? Also while he's we were innovators we weren't saints....... Lastly the thought of showing kids what they can make under the new format SOUNDS great. However realize the football powers that ARE bag schools have that same argument. The real licensing plays will be at the football powers not only because now there boosters can legally get behind them but also because now their fans can legally get behind them as well... Not too mention this theory doesn't negate the fact BAGS SCHOOLS WILL STILL BE BAG SCHOOLS. Now they just get more lucrative for the kids they really want.

Theres only so many car dealerships in alabama lol.

U mention elite corners... Hahaha. Now go back in to your memory banks since you say the bar should be 2 or 3 South Florida 5 stars, when was the last time we SIGNED 1 single widely recognized 5 star. That rivals,scout & ESPN & 24/7 saw as 5 stars. Also just for ***** and giggles how many 5 stars you think there are in the entire country every year let alone South Florida to where the basic *** recruiting we do should land 2 or 3 annually...

@dsddcane

Last few 5 stars are from awhile ago - I'm going to say the OT we got via transfer - Seantrel Henderson, Arthur Brown, Forston, Tracey, McDermott Donaldson, not sure about Duke. Conensus - I'd say Seantrel, Forston, and Arthur.

How many 5 starts nationally - without googling 5 stars per year and averaging them, I'm guessing 30 5 stars on average. I'll take the L on this one in advance, great question.

I do think there are at least a handful of 5 stars in S. FL every year, however, maybe not official due to fan base subscriptions. So I'll rephrase the 5 star post....Miami should be able to get 2 out of the top 5 S. FL prospects every year. Shooting 40% from 3 is tough, shooting 0% should be a fireable offense.

The biggest thing right now is brick by brick, do your job, and fight to the end, don't let up winning culture, lol. I have PTSD from last year's season and schedule. I thought 10 wins were automatic.

Flowers and Chad Thomas were also 5 stars.

S. Florida usually yields 2-4 5 stars a year. The state of Florida is at about 6-8. Highly inflated since IMG became a thing.

Advertisement
Back