James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
Who even thinks that Forston would be a take for elite squads now with the great evals the elites have. They may still let that kid come to UM......we need to understand they are playing chess at recruiting and we still playing connect four. When we get high rated guys who actually come I like to see if one of the elite schools pushed for them or it was a smoke screen like Cager. Bama didn't want Cager he wanted Bama.....alot of posters won't like to hear the truth.
Who on our roster did the SEC OSU and Clemson desperately want and let's this the list....there is only three teams in the SEC LsU Bama Auburn.
People think cause u have an offer from bama it's a real offer when most of the time it isn't. Bama also wasn't winning when they got Julio Jones....(I could be wrong on that)

Every SEC team takes Fortson as a senior. Actually every school in America takes Fortson as a senior.

Who even thinks that Forston would be a take for elite squads now with the great evals the elites have. They may still let that kid come to UM......we need to understand they are playing chess at recruiting and we still playing connect four. When we get high rated guys who actually come I like to see if one of the elite schools pushed for them or it was a smoke screen like Cager. Bama didn't want Cager he wanted Bama.....alot of posters won't like to hear the truth.
Who on our roster did the SEC OSU and Clemson desperately want and let's this the list....there is only three teams in the SEC LsU Bama Auburn.
People think cause u have an offer from bama it's a real offer when most of the time it isn't. Bama also wasn't winning when they got Julio Jones....(I could be wrong on that)
Outside of Phillips based on his ranking, I can only guess Brevin and Hall. Don’t know about Bolden.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sure you can. Coker got a loaded team immediately won a championship and went to championship the following year. The dummies on this board would have LOVED to see Miami give a lifetime contract and lock him up until he retired. You can't really have a better 1st two years. Of course, making a long term determination based on the 1st 2 years of a head coach that inherited an all time great team is epically stupid. What happens when the players he didn't recruit cycle out? Can he sustain a program in year 3, 4, 5?

Diaz inherited a garbage team. You know it. I know it. Anyone with a brain knows it. The team went 7-6 and was so pathetically bad that it forced the Mark Richt into retirement. That offensive line that was a sieve? Mostly the fault of Searles (who BTW was hired by "genius coach" Mack Brown) If you are judging Diaz long term because of a bad 1st year, that is just as dumb as wanting to give Coker a long time contract because he won with Butch Davis's players. I'm not saying this because Diaz is the Canes coach- I think as a general rule all head coaches should get 4 years before a fair analysis of their coaching abilities can be fairly determined.

As I've said a million times- I'm skeptical that Diaz will succeed, but I am objective enough to say that in year 2 he has done what championship coaches like Orgeron and Dabo did after seasons went sideways. They didn't double down like Golden or Richt did and say that the problem is execution, not scheme. Nope, these coaches made massive scheme changes and it paid off. Diaz did every single thing I would have suggested on the offensive side of the ball. I'd have liked to see more changes on D, but I get that Diaz wants to ride or die with his boys on D, since he probably isn't getting to year 3 if Miami has another bad season.

I dont see comparisons between the 2.

Diaz didn't inherit a bad team. His team was talented. Clearly nowhere near Coker's 1st year of talent. Diaz had a bad OC, bad FG kicker and finished 6-7. Many games we lost was because of things that's easily fixed. Diaz has had really good teams.

Similar to Goldeb. Good teams, but terrible DC. Fix that side of the ball, Golden may still be here. Diaz has fixed every issue since being here except Offense, which is still an unknown.

This James Williams kid reminds me of josh Harvey Clemons the 5 star kid who went to Georgia awhile back. Tall and lanky maybe too tall for DB? I just hope we get the kid from northwestern

Advertisement

Diaz didn't inherit a bad team. His team was talented. Clearly nowhere near Coker's 1st year of talent. Diaz had a bad OC, bad FG kicker and finished 6-7. Many games we lost was because of things that's easily fixed. Diaz has had really good teams.

Similar to Goldeb. Good teams, but terrible DC. Fix that side of the ball, Golden may still be here. Diaz has fixed every issue since being here except Offense, which is still an unknown.

Diaz inherited a horrible offense and ST. Absolutely atrocious. No OL, no reliable WRs, injured star TE, and an immature dolt at QB. The only thing he had was decent RBs,but that doesn't do much good when the OL cant block. The defense was decent. Thats about it. No reasonable person could look at that 2019 team and say Diaz inherited a good situation. That team was so bad it literally caused Richt to retire and almost die of a heart attack.

Smh. Golden would not still be here because there were and are deeper issues with the program that a Coordinator couldn’t fix. It’s groundhogs day.

Lol. You complain about lazy trash hires then whine about Miami not getting Mack Brown. If you think Mack Brown was a NFL caliber coach, I don't know what to say.

Most posters here that actually understand football would have been totally fine if Blake James indicated he was evaluating 5 potential candidates and Diaz's name was on the list. Diaz was worthy of consideration given that the defense was the only part of the team that was consistently good that past few years. However, I could not support Miami paying Temple millions for him. Once he signed with Temple, that train should have sailed. If I saw Mack Brown's name on the list of candidates I would have thrown up in my mouth.

And it seems you think going from Mark Richt to Mack Brown would be an upgrade? I really hope you say you do because I need a good laugh today.

You clearly have no understanding of the common thread between all the winning coaches at Miami. You know what is? Innovation. Innovation is how Miami competed with bag programs, and the issue of schools paying recruits was far worse back in the day when there was no oversight.

Schnelly innovated in recruiting. No one did what he did. JJ innovated on defense. Erickson innovated on offense. Davis was innovative in how he evaluated players. All the other schools copied Miami and caught up so Miami needs to innovate again to get an edge. Maybe it's a new scheme or the way the school supplements recruiting in the portal. I think Miami could have an edge when it comes to the new NIL rules. Figure out a way to monetize the S Fl market and show players they can make more legal money with Miami than they can under the table from bag programs. If the next AD has a brain, leave the ACC and become a pioneer (maybe in conjunction with other private schools like USC and Baylor) in streaming games. Amazon would pay zillions for exclusive rights to CFB games. Also no one has cable anymore or watches ESPN- get in front of that and make $$$

The school doesn't need old retread program builders, it needs an innovator. I wasn't a fan of the hire- I wanted Cristobal. But I had to pick between Diaz and Mack Brown, I'd choose Diaz all day long over Mack Brown. Brown is arguably the biggest underachiever in the history of CFB if you take resources and recruiting grounds into consideration. Diaz might end up being a massive flop but I like what he's doing with the portal and he is 100x more innovative than Mack Brown.

I stop reading your after you said I'm complaining about Miami not getting Mack brown. You made that BS up. Mack brown is a better hire than Manny Diaz. That's it. Matter of fact UNC has made better hires than Miami has the past 15 years. Simple *** comments. These aren't directions on how to build a space ship.

Advertisement
I stop reading your after you said I'm complaining about Miami not getting Mack brown. You made that BS up. Mack brown is a better hire than Manny Diaz. That's it. Matter of fact UNC has made better hires than Miami has the past 15 years. Simple *** comments. These aren't directions on how to build a space ship.

Mack Brown is not a better hire. No coach in the last 40 years had so many resources and achieved so little. I think most people with common sense had a problem with Miami not interviewing anyone else, not with Diaz himself. If Richt had stepped away after 2017 and named Diaz as his choice for HC, then there would have not been much of an issue. Diaz's defense carried that team. The reason the hire after 2018 caused heartburn was that because Miami was coming off a terrible season and Richt just called it quits. People saw an opportunity to reset the program and have instant hope again. I wasn't happy with Diaz's hire but I understand it. However, if Miami had followed Richt with Mack Brown, most of us would have marched on the Hecht and burned it down. You say Brown was the better hire. Let's see if anyone agrees with you that Brown would have been a better hire than Diaz for Miami. The mere fact that Brown would have hired Searles invalidates your point.

Outside of Phillips based on his ranking, I can only guess Brevin and Hall. Don’t know about Bolden.
It’s way more than that just those you named honestly. But in regards to Bolden who was wanted by everyone, osu(an elite recruiting school) thought he was going there but he chose usc instead

Sure you can. Coker got a loaded team immediately won a championship and went to championship the following year. The dummies on this board would have LOVED to see Miami give a lifetime contract and lock him up until he retired. You can't really have a better 1st two years. Of course, making a long term determination based on the 1st 2 years of a head coach that inherited an all time great team is epically stupid. What happens when the players he didn't recruit cycle out? Can he sustain a program in year 3, 4, 5?

Diaz inherited a garbage team. You know it. I know it. Anyone with a brain knows it. The team went 7-6 and was so pathetically bad that it forced the Mark Richt into retirement. That offensive line that was a sieve? Mostly the fault of Searles (who BTW was hired by "genius coach" Mack Brown) If you are judging Diaz long term because of a bad 1st year, that is just as dumb as wanting to give Coker a long time contract because he won with Butch Davis's players. I'm not saying this because Diaz is the Canes coach- I think as a general rule all head coaches should get 4 years before a fair analysis of their coaching abilities can be fairly determined.

As I've said a million times- I'm skeptical that Diaz will succeed, but I am objective enough to say that in year 2 he has done what championship coaches like Orgeron and Dabo did after seasons went sideways. They didn't double down like Golden or Richt did and say that the problem is execution, not scheme. Nope, these coaches made massive scheme changes and it paid off. Diaz did every single thing I would have suggested on the offensive side of the ball. I'd have liked to see more changes on D, but I get that Diaz wants to ride or die with his boys on D, since he probably isn't getting to year 3 if Miami has another bad season.
I was gonna say you sound too intelligent for someone who uses the confederate flag but then I looked closer lol

Advertisement
Back