James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
Did I miss something? It’s been 15 years and they have the same amount of coastal titles as us. ONE. Where are those resources? Why haven’t they used them? If you think Butch and Fedora were above cheating to win you are sorely mistaken. But I guess since it’s fits whatever narrative this board has formed about Carolina, they all the sudden have this unlimited fund that’ll bring them championships.
That wasn't the point. The point was no team in the coastal seperates themselves from others. Far as Carolina goes no they don't spend like that on football. They spend but not on the levels of the big boys or like they do for basketball. Have for quite awhile too. Mack is obviously spending but he's also more refined in his approach then most. Personally I doubt he'll be able to keep that kind of class together but he can pick out one or two that they can't lose. Regardless like I said my point was there's zero reason to think with any resources and decent coaching they can't hold on to the coastal yearly. I think we're gonna be fine but the track record is there for no one to be counted out yearly.

That wasn't the point. The point was no team in the coastal seperates themselves from others. Far as Carolina goes no they don't spend like that on football. They spend but not on the levels of the big boys or like they do for basketball. Have for quite awhile too. Mack is obviously spending but he's also more refined in his approach then most. Personally I doubt he'll be able to keep that kind of class together but he can pick out one or two that they can't lose. Regardless like I said my point was there's zero reason to think with any resources and decent coaching they can't hold on to the coastal yearly. I think we're gonna be fine but the track record is there for no one to be counted out yearly.

And my point is I don’t see it happening. Just bc they have a good QB doesn’t mean much. For the most part they’ve had good QB’s since Renner left and that freak year everybody got hurt. They have zero track record of making the commitment to winning Or winning. “Mack is back” doesnt mean anything to anybody outside of Chapel Hill. Nothing is changing over night. Until proven otherwise it’s all hype and most of that hype is coming from this board and nowhere else.

Now I’m not saying Miami is gonna all of the sudden dominate bc we haven’t shown we can either, but when it comes to resources like location, talent, recruiting etc (not bags) there is actual reason to believe it can happen. IMO we’ve been a coach away from easily having 9-10 wins every year for a long time now. Hard to say that about anyone else on our side outside of VT.

And my point is I don’t see it happening. Just bc they have a good QB doesn’t mean much. For the most part they’ve had good QB’s since Renner left and that freak year everybody got hurt. They have zero track record of making the commitment to winning Or winning. “Mack is back” doesnt mean anything to anybody outside of Chapel Hill. Nothing is changing over night. Until proven otherwise it’s all hype and most of that hype is coming from this board and nowhere else.

Now I’m not saying Miami is gonna all of the sudden dominate bc we haven’t shown we can either, but when it comes to resources like location, talent, recruiting etc (not bags) there is actual reason to believe it can happen. IMO we’ve been a coach away from easily having 9-10 wins every year for a long time now. Hard to say that about anyone else on our side outside of VT.
Only reason we've even been close to that is because all we do is play the other jokes in the coastal and the girls YMCA 3 times a year. But hey we all don't have to live in reality. I agree on ur assessment of UNC it just cracks me up how you see us(or anyone else in coastal) as any different. If it makes you feel better if we don't have ten wins this year then you'll get another shot at a coach. On top of it being the easiest schedule yet again well run an offense that will put up points

Advertisement
Lol basketball is down? It was one bad year. They’re gonna be a top 5 team next year.

North Carolina Basketball team lost 7 games they should have won and were leading with two minutes to go in those games. They were decimated by injuries including losing Anthony who came back a shell of himself. They have just recruited 6 top 100 players, including 4 McDonalds All Americans and already have the top player in North Carolina committed in the following class. Anyone questioning their basketball programs future is wasting their time.

As for what matters, the football program, they have Howell who will be a top NFL pick and Mack has always recruited well there. As pointed out in this thread, they will be tough because of the QB and more talented then usual but Miami should not be concerned for years to come seeing how Diaz is recruited extremely well. He is getting enough of the tough city kids. I have no clue if the man can coach. But He is attracting serious talent even if he isn’t landing 5 star kids at this point. When Miami is right, there isn’t a coastal team Miami should be worried about, and should be in the conference title game 3 out of every 4 years.

Advertisement
But u gotta win for
That's what they said here
You want to sign more than one 5 star player every couple of seasons? Yeah you better win. Even bad teams occasionally sign high level recruits. Look at the programs with the highest blue chip %. They all win 10 games yearly. You want to actually stock your roster with 4 and 5 star talent? You better win consistently.

You want to sign more than one 5 star player every couple of seasons? Yeah you better win. Even bad teams occasionally sign high level recruits. Look at the programs with the highest blue chip %. They all win 10 games yearly. You want to actually stock your roster with 4 and 5 star talent? You better win consistently.
Problem is that those teams get the players first then win it's not the other way around. People keep thinking u win first and it doesn't work like that. It's bags first then win. Dmoney even said JW is getting paid......JW is already a silent to UGA

Advertisement
Problem is that those teams get the players first then win it's not the other way around. People keep thinking u win first and it doesn't work like that. It's bags first then win. Dmoney even said JW is getting paid......JW is already a silent to UGA
You can’t recruit consistently without winning even if you drop bags. Look at ole ****. They bought up a whole bunch of players but it didn’t translate to success on the field. Without on field success, you can’t keep signing top classes. Nobody buys every player. You drop bags for a handful of stars and you fill the rest of your class with legit recruits. If your team sucks, you’re not going to sign good classes year after year. You can’t buy all 25 signees

Advertisement

Listening to Dwinstitles always keeps me grounded about not getting any SFL bag boys. All I want to know is how do we create a $ystem to secure most of the top 5 talents in S. FL every year? We need to get at least 2 or 3 5 stars from S. FL every year. CB's, OL & DT's. We are 0 for 1000 when it comes to securing elite cb's. Marcus Forston was like 12 years ago. McDermott a long time ago.

Listening to Dwinstitles always keeps me grounded about not getting any SFL bag boys. All I want to know is how do we create a $ystem to secure most of the top 5 talents in S. FL every year? We need to get at least 2 or 3 5 stars from S. FL every year. CB's, OL & DT's. We are 0 for 1000 when it comes to securing elite cb's. Marcus Forston was like 12 years ago. McDermott a long time ago.
Sign some autographs or merch starting next summer the governor even said that himself

Two of those wins were against Randy Shannon. Miami was 4-2 during the Golden era and 2-1 under Richt. So far Diaz is 0-1. It's not like Miami has been some kind of juggernaut either.

And they needed a missed FG at their house to beat us with Diaz. LOL

Advertisement
Back