James Williams will be a cane

I'm not sure if you realize that Mack Brown- who is now apparently "the one that got away" for Canes fans- went 7-6 last year. That's a coach with a like 3 decades of coaching under his belt, and he won ONE more game last season than first year head coach Manny Diaz. It seems UNC proved to you that it takes football seriously because it won one game more than Miami.
A competent field goal kicker and/or a stop on 4th and 17 and UNC goes 6-7 last year. We’re supposed to be soooo scared that Mack Brown is gonna turn UNC into an 8 win program yet we will all want to fire our coach if we only win 8 games. 8 wins means UNC is “dangerous” 8 wins means Miami is “garbage”.

Advertisement
Diaz has a better record after one season than Shannon did. Also, we have four years of evidence supporting the idea that Randy Shannon wasn’t a good head coach. I think any coach deserves more than one season before you can come to a conclusion on how good of a coach he is
Diaz lost to FIU,none of our other bum coaches Coker,Randy and Golden ever came even close to losing to them.

Say what you want about Mack brown. He's better than Manny and the UNC people are more serious about their football program than Miami is right now. Mack brown did exactly what you're head guy should do. Surround yourself with good/great coordinators so they can take over if you need to go the got dam emergency room. samething urban Meyer did.... same thing stoops at OU did etc. Not even sure the AD Miami has in place right now is even capable of identifying a Hoy young couch. Dude is grade A trash.

He hired Searels.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if you realize that Mack Brown- who is now apparently "the one that got away" for Canes fans- went 7-6 last year. That's a coach with a like 3 decades of coaching under his belt, and he won ONE more game last season than first year head coach Manny Diaz. It seems UNC proved to you that it takes football seriously because it won one game more than Miami.

Now if I was doing a fair analysis and you showed me a coach that went 7-6, and a coach that went 6-7, but the 6-7 coach went out and got the best offensive coordinator on the market, an excellent OL coach, then got the best transfer QB, and then brought in two starting linemen to shore up his offensive line, while the coach that went 7-6 did nothing to improve the team, I'd say the coach that went 6-7 is the one who has established that he takes football seriously.
Virginia put up 38 points on them.
i hope rona goes away and we play those mfers at night. I know a bunch of them will come down to talk that sht. Please direct them all to park at the blue lot. Tell them it’s blue just for them.
Last season and the losses remind me of cmr’s 10 win season. There were games we had no business winning. Last year we lost games we had no business losing.

Diaz lost to FIU,none of our other bum coaches Coker,Randy and Golden ever came even close to losing to them.

Larry Coker won a national championship in his 1st year. Since you seem fixated on 1 year performance, I assume you think Miami was wrong not to offer him a lifetime contract after that. Funny that this championship winning coach never coached at a P5 after getting fired a couple years later. Its almost as if a one year snapshot doesn't tell you Jack **** about a head coach's capacity to build and sustain a program.

Mack Brown had unlimited resources and the all the top recruits in the country for almost 15 years. He won ONE championship in all that time, when he happened to have an all time great college QB. If there was ever a coach that did less with as many resources, I'd like to know who it is. Only other contenders in recent memory I can think of are Mike Shula and Charlie Weiss.

Advertisement
1st Trevor Lawrence
2nd Justin Field's
3rd Sam Howell
4th Brock Purddy
5th Sam Ehlinger
6th Kedon Slovis
7th KJ Costello
8th Ian Book
9th Deriq King
10th Tanner Morgan

I agree with that for the most part. I find it easier to rank by Tiers. Fields and Lawrence are the only T1 QBs. T2 is all of them but Costello who I’d put in T3 because of the injuries

Diaz has a better record after one season than Shannon did. Also, we have four years of evidence supporting the idea that Randy Shannon wasn’t a good head coach. I think any coach deserves more than one season before you can come to a conclusion on how good of a coach he is
To be fair, FIU in 2019 is not the complete dumpster fire that it was when Coker, Randy, and Golden were playing them. Butch has built a nice little team. Still, it's one that should have been beaten by 2-3 TDs under normal circumstances.

That 2007 loss to Virginia was worse that year, and historically for the program than the loss to FIU.

• FIU loss - Embarrassing, and reflective of players that had given up on its offensive coordinator and by extension, its head coach. Clouding everything is the worst offensive line in the last forty years at Miami.
  • Virginia loss - Blowout loss in the last game in the Orange Bowl by a team that had not given up on its OC and HC

Yes, Virginia was a more talented team. But that 48-0 loss....that was one of the most unforgivable in Canes history. If we beat them 58-0 for the next twenty years it would only scratch the surface of the recompense that they are owed.

As for the future, I am a heck of a lot more optimistic in 2020 than I was in 2008.

• King is greater than Marve or Jacory Harris
  • Mallory/Brevin are greater than Derick Epps, Chris Zellner, or Richard Gordon
  • Pope/Wiggins/Payton will be greater this year than the collection of freshmen receivers that Miami rolled with in 2008
  • Lashlee will be greater than Patrick Nix

To be fair, FIU in 2019 is not the complete dumpster fire that it was when Coker, Randy, and Golden were playing them. Butch has built a nice little team. Still, it's one that should have been beaten by 2-3 TDs under normal circumstances.

That 2007 loss to Virginia was worse that year, and historically for the program than the loss to FIU.

• FIU loss - Embarrassing, and reflective of players that had given up on its offensive coordinator and by extension, its head coach. Clouding everything is the worst offensive line in the last forty years at Miami.
  • Virginia loss - Blowout loss in the last game in the Orange Bowl by a team that had not given up on its OC and HC

Yes, Virginia was a more talented team. But that 48-0 loss....that was one of the most unforgivable in Canes history. If we beat them 58-0 for the next twenty years it would only scratch the surface of the recompense that they are owed.

As for the future, I am a heck of a lot more optimistic in 2020 than I was in 2008.

• King is greater than Marve or Jacory Harris
  • Mallory/Brevin are greater than Derick Epps, Chris Zellner, or Richard Gordon
  • Pope/Wiggins/Payton will be greater this year than the collection of freshmen receivers that Miami rolled with in 2008
  • Lashlee will be greater than Patrick Nix

I'll forget the FIU loss one day. I will never forget the last game in the Orange Bowl. Sending the old Dame off like that was a tragedy.

Advertisement
Not even close to anything significant enough to even consistently win the Coastal.
Bruh are you serious? ANY RESOURCES IS ENOUGH. who do you see in the coastal besides us that even is capable of regularly fielding a talented team let alone actually doing it. Only other squad you can even make that case with is va tech. Keep sleeping on UNC if u want. We better not be.

Advertisement
Bruh are you serious? ANY RESOURCES IS ENOUGH. who do you see in the coastal besides us that even is capable of regularly fielding a talented team let alone actually doing it. Only other squad you can even make that case with is va tech. Keep sleeping on UNC if u want. We better not be.

Did I miss something? It’s been 15 years and they have the same amount of coastal titles as us. ONE. Where are those resources? Why haven’t they used them? If you think Butch and Fedora were above cheating to win you are sorely mistaken. But I guess since it’s fits whatever narrative this board has formed about Carolina, they all the sudden have this unlimited fund that’ll bring them championships.

they were after romello
Yea and we won the early announcement.....we need that name on NSD. And we will see if they press him.,u guys have to remember when the big bag schools press close to NSD they always close.....even if it eats another teams class. That's what leaves us with unbalanced *** rosters to begin with.....the decommits effect us the most out of any school in the nation and we left scrambling with option z. Bad look and bad for business......I will wait till NSD though to beat my chest.....Tae was a shock but I wasn't shocked Banda pulled....if it was Rumph I would do a backflip but c'mon.

Advertisement
Back