James Williams will be a cane

Two of those wins were against Randy Shannon. Miami was 4-2 during the Golden era and 2-1 under Richt. So far Diaz is 0-1. It's not like Miami has been some kind of juggernaut either.

That's my point. We dismiss teams like UNC all the time and say things like "they were only an 8 win program!" and on and on even though we are basically the same.

Advertisement
Two of those wins were against Randy Shannon. Miami was 4-2 during the Golden era and 2-1 under Richt. So far Diaz is 0-1. It's not like Miami has been some kind of juggernaut either.
We gonna sit here and act like we know Diaz is better than Shannon? I'll stack the three losses Diaz had against, GT, FIU and LaTech against any coach to com through Miami as the worst ever. Lets not act like we know we're in a better situation now than under Shannon.

UNC is 6-6 against us in our last 12. I can't wait to see how we do against them when they have good talent. Y'all live in a different timeline sometimes

They have recruited well over the last several years. They’re ranked just behind us over the last half decade.

It’s not like they’re devoid of talent year in and out.

We gonna sit here and act like we know Diaz is better than Shannon? I'll stack the three losses Diaz had against, GT, FIU and LaTech against any coach to com through Miami as the worst ever. Lets not act like we know we're in a better situation now than under Shannon.
So your just hanging around for the pain and agony?

It’s not the losses it’s how he’s adjusted to the losses. Shannon grew more rigid and surly.

At least Diaz is showing an ability to adapt and change.

Advertisement
It’s not the losses it’s how he’s adjusted to the losses. Shannon grew more rigid and surly.

At least Diaz is showing an ability to adapt and change.
Diaz does get credit for that. He's the most willing of all our coaches to change. I still don't believe in him as a program leader though, but we'll see.

They threw around a ton of bags when Butch the gawd was coaching there. They will do it for Mack. They have imo the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the conference who they can build around for the next 2 years. Don’t be shocked to see them compete

For who 5 guys? They’ve never landed elite guys outside of a few D lineman during Butch’s tenure. Those bag men have to be the worst investors in the history of college football.

Advertisement
Now people are sucking off Mack Brown, basically Mark Richt with a NC

Imagine if there was a head coach that literally had unlimited money for a program and the ability to land EVERY top recruit in the state of Texas and 95% of top recruits outside the state of Texas. How many championships do you think this head coach would win in a 15 year span? 6? 10? The fact that Brown had all those resources and managed just 1 championship is a bit embarrassing.

Advertisement
They threw around a ton of bags when Butch the gawd was coaching there. They will do it for Mack. They have imo the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the conference who they can build around for the next 2 years. Don’t be shocked to see them compete
1st Trevor Lawrence
2nd Justin Field's
3rd Sam Howell
4th Brock Purddy
5th Sam Ehlinger
6th Kedon Slovis
7th KJ Costello
8th Ian Book
9th Deriq King
10th Tanner Morgan

Last edited:
Advertisement
Say what you want about Mack brown. He's better than Manny and the UNC people are more serious about their football program than Miami is right now. Mack brown did exactly what you're head guy should do. Surround yourself with good/great coordinators so they can take over if you need to go the got dam emergency room. samething urban Meyer did.... same thing stoops at OU did etc. Not even sure the AD Miami has in place right now is even capable of identifying a Hoy young couch. Dude is grade A trash.

Say what you want about Mack brown. He's better than Manny and the UNC people are more serious about their football program than Miami is right now. Mack brown did exactly what you're head guy should do. Surround yourself with good/great coordinators so they can take over if you need to go the got dam emergency room. samething urban Meyer did.... same thing stoops at OU did etc. Not even sure the AD Miami has in place right now is even capable of identifying a Hoy young couch. Dude is grade A trash.

I'm not sure if you realize that Mack Brown- who is now apparently "the one that got away" for Canes fans- went 7-6 last year. That's a coach with a like 3 decades of coaching under his belt, and he won ONE more game last season than first year head coach Manny Diaz. It seems UNC proved to you that it takes football seriously because it won one game more than Miami.

Now if I was doing a fair analysis and you showed me a coach that went 7-6, and a coach that went 6-7, but the 6-7 coach went out and got the best offensive coordinator on the market, an excellent OL coach, then got the best transfer QB, and then brought in two starting linemen to shore up his offensive line, while the coach that went 7-6 did nothing to improve the team, I'd say the coach that went 6-7 is the one who has established that he takes football seriously.

Last edited:
Diaz has a better record after one season than Shannon did. Also, we have four years of evidence supporting the idea that Randy Shannon wasn’t a good head coach. I think any coach deserves more than one season before you can come to a conclusion on how good of a coach he is

Advertisement
Back