James Williams question

Advertisement
If the last year doesn’t tell you sh*t changes just like that in recruiting then I canT help you. The knighton, avantae,chantz jalen romello Brinson and a number of other recruitments where we looked like on the outside looking in yet we eventually landed them. Recruiting is fluid and Miami had been working behind the scenes on this one even when he put out that top 3 that didn’t include Miami a few months back. Some of our coaches I think Cooney was sent an interesting tweet on that same day too

GTFOH with that. We were Kinghton's third choice. He WANTED to go to Clemson and would not even look at us but he was not a take for them. He the. chose FSU and it took Willie getting fired for the door to truly open. Avantae was a UF/UM battle which is another ANIMAL when talking about elite bag schools like UGA/BAMA.

Chantz was not a "winnover UGA " either.

You want history? Pickens, Ty Campbell and Tyrique Stevenson. When UGA identifies the South Fl stud they want to invest the BIG BUCKS on they rarely lose. This guy is for sale and Kirby is ****ed they lost Brinson... a guy they thought would choose UGA as they see themselves the superior program but probably did not dole out big time cash like Williams.. so now it's payback time.

Advertisement
Remember Frierson, Chaney, and Brinson?
Chaney was coming here no matter what. We would have gone 1-11 and Chaney would have come.. kid is all cane and was never for sale. Rique, Pickens, and Campbell ALL for sale. Brinson and Frierson while very good a level below the big time money. Williams took a tour of all bag schools last year.. dude is LEGIT for sale... not a Chaney guy at all who shut down his recrutiment early. This is bag game 101.

GTFOH with that. We were Kinghton's third choice. He WANTED to go to Clemson and would not even look at us but he was not a take for them. He the. chose FSU and it took Willie getting fired for the door to truly open. Avantae was a UF/UM battle which is another ANIMAL when talking about elite bag schools like UGA/BAMA.

Chantz was not a "winnover UGA " either.

You want history? Pickens, Ty Campbell and Tyrique Stevenson. When UGA identifies the South Fl stud they want to invest the BIG BUCKS on they rarely lose. This guy is for sale and Kirby is ****ed they lost Brinson... a guy they thought would choose UGA as they see themselves the superior program but probably did not dole out big time cash like Williams.. so now it's payback time.
Mf... i said Chaney and you talking about knighton... how that work?....

Plus even when knighton was “committed” To FSU a flip was in the works To Miami DURING the season before willy taggart was fired For knighton so talk what you know. Who gives af anyways, FSU was dalvin cooks “3rd school” too🤷🏾‍♂️, look how that turned out.

Mf... i said Chaney and you talking about knighton... how that work?....

Plus even when knighton was “committed” To FSU a flip was in the works To Miami DURING the season before willy taggart was fired For knighton so talk what you know. Who gives af anyways, FSU was dalvin cooks “3rd school” too🤷🏾‍♂️, look how that turned out.
***** how are you going to compare Chaney a dude who shut his recruitment down early and was repoing the program when we imploded to James Bagman Williams? Are u dense Broke or do you like acting stupid? You are going to compare a class ambassador who shut sh*t down early and was coming to Miami no matter what, with a supportive family to a dude who had all bag schools in his top edits? Who went on a bag schools world tour? You have been here for some years now and you still acting like a 15 year old broke...

Advertisement
If the last year doesn’t tell you sh*t changes just like that in recruiting then I canT help you. The knighton, avantae,chantz jalen romello Brinson and a number of other recruitments where we looked like on the outside looking in yet we eventually landed them. Recruiting is fluid and Miami had been working behind the scenes on this one even when he put out that top 3 that didn’t include Miami a few months back. Some of our coaches I think Cooney sent an interesting tweet on that same day too when he announced his top 3 originally if i remember correctly

Here you are mentioning Knighton.. stop getting exposed and acting like an idiot.

Got some salty Dawgs...

"For some strange reason, Miami is getting a lot of pull from the local guys this year. Getting Avantae was big for them last year. I say strange cause they had a horrible season last year and kids were dropping. Getting Lashlee was big for them but I agree with SmoovEth that Ed Reed was HUGE, That speaks volumes to kids down there. The jury is still out on their Head Coach but Reed has instant cred with the kids down there. I don’t think Williams commits to them but they have some big momentum with kids in that class.
The Palmetto kids are starting to turn to them now as well which will hurt UF.
A good Miami is great for UGA cause it keeps those stud kids from going to UF or BAMA. Kirby will still pull several from there though."

"Kirby can’t take his foot off the gas on James ! Miami was his first love and Reed has brought that swagger back for the local guys ! This is going to NSD I’m telling you that right now, Garcia is going to be committed there within a couple weeks and the skill positions will start flocking there. UF isn’t doing themselves any favors rn ! Miami coaches are hustling on the trail and I’ve heard that first hand ! Kirby needs to work very hard from now until NSD to get James"

We all know he’s going to UGA but it’s not a BAD thing he put us in our top 2. Still gonna be embarrassing and trollable when he leaves, but it’s better that embarrassment late than now. At least, at the very little, it makes other kids look and say, “hmm”.

So, when he signs, it’ll be a bad day. Tonight is not that.
Better being in the game than not being in at all. The Least we can take from this is that Miami is making up ground considering we weren’t in his top 3 a few months back(which included 3 recruiting powers) but fast foward a few more months and now we are

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s certainly better to be in his top two than not. I think we have a chance. Way back he said he bled orange and green. I believe him. Even if he doesn’t choose Miami, it still looks good to other elite level recruits that we are in the final two. There is no significant downside except our own potential disappointment and if you can’t deal with that than you take recruiting way too seriously.

Same poster as above on the UGA board:

If Miami has a solid season (10 wins) I got him and Taylor heading there. Garcia’s about to flip. Canes are gonna be rolling if they can put together a solid season. Ed Reed hire was huge and honestly a huge reason they are in his top 2 right now.

Here you are mentioning Knighton.. stop getting exposed and acting like an idiot.
Bruh what the Fvck are you talking about? I’m saying how recruiting is fluid. Just a few months back people were talking about how we didn’t have no momentum on the trail and now here we are. Back alive with Garcia, just got romello Brinson and Elijah arroyo, got issiah walker to transfer here, back in the game with most of the palmetto kids etc..

Advertisement
I’ve been VERY critical of Banda, but **** you have to give this man credit for his insane work ethic on the trail. Landed Gurvan Hall, Bubba Bolden, Jalen Harrell, Avantae.... etc. Now he has us in it for James Williams (I still think he goes to UGA) but **** you have to tip your hat to him.

Got some salty Dawgs...

"For some strange reason, Miami is getting a lot of pull from the local guys this year. Getting Avantae was big for them last year. I say strange cause they had a horrible season last year and kids were dropping. Getting Lashlee was big for them but I agree with SmoovEth that Ed Reed was HUGE, That speaks volumes to kids down there. The jury is still out on their Head Coach but Reed has instant cred with the kids down there. I don’t think Williams commits to them but they have some big momentum with kids in that class.
The Palmetto kids are starting to turn to them now as well which will hurt UF.
A good Miami is great for UGA cause it keeps those stud kids from going to UF or BAMA. Kirby will still pull several from there though."

"Kirby can’t take his foot off the gas on James ! Miami was his first love and Reed has brought that swagger back for the local guys ! This is going to NSD I’m telling you that right now, Garcia is going to be committed there within a couple weeks and the skill positions will start flocking there. UF isn’t doing themselves any favors rn ! Miami coaches are hustling on the trail and I’ve heard that first hand ! Kirby needs to work very hard from now until NSD to get James"

Sheeeit, sounds good to me.

Bruh what the Fvck are you talking about? I’m saying how recruiting is fluid. Just a few months back people were talking about how we didn’t have no momentum on the trail and now here we are. Back alive with Garcia, just got romello Brinson and Elijah arroyo, got issiah walker to transfer here, back in the game with most of the palmetto kids etc..
Of course recruting is fluid... everyone knows that. Also this top 2 is bull****... Smart wants to play Miami.. and Williams will probably increase his bag in the process. We will have a great class no matter what but I would have thought by now with the YEARS u spend posting here that you would be able to identify the kids that are for sale.

Late to the party, who did he have in his top 3? I do think all this lock down and protestor stuff is helping Miami. Where do you want to be if stuff hits the fan with either topic?

Advertisement
Back