James Williams is not hurt

I would love to see him wrap up instead of going for the highlight hits. Can't speak on him being out of position because we don't know what his assignment was. That's what people here don't realize. Yall probably never played football and don't know what his assignment could've been. But I would love to see him wrap up and become a better tackler. He is a true sophomore. Those dudes never used to play on the great Miami teams because they were on the bench while the stud juniors and seniors were playing.
Highlight hits? He can’t even hit.

Advertisement
No; Macho is the man & I got nothing but respect for him.

I was talking about the South FL coaches who would make an issue of us benching JW just because he was a HS 5-star. My point was, we shouldn’t do anything in terms of our personnel decisions to ever appease local HS coaches because most of them don’t actually care to begin with.
Win and they will care more…

Got it more excuses… just like TVD sucks because the WRs haven’t hit the jugs machine…. Love ya Gogeta but he isn’t hitting ANY holes with purpose or holding onto the rock like his jobs on the line

The OL is a convenient(easy) excuse
You act like the OL is opening the holes for.....ANYONE...who tf is running the ball good right now at rb...enlighten me?.

Man didnt we had like 40 rushing last week and unc defense sucks terribly.

Im not making excuses at all its the truth. All i know is at the end of last year he looked solid and behind this taped up offensive line right now it looks different....and we literally had 1 running play last year. The interior of our OL currently is so garbage other than Rivers...like FCS level

You act like the OL is opening the holes for.....ANYONE...who tf is running the ball good right now at rb...enlighten me?.

Man didnt we had like 40 rushing last week and unc defense sucks terribly.

Im not making excuses at all its the truth. All i know is at the end of last year he looked solid and behind this taped up offensive line right now it looks different....and we literally had 1 running play last year. The interior of our OL currently is so garbage other than Rivers...like FCS level
Opening paragraph is a continued excuse…. *insert bro these WRs suck they can’t catch wait till so-so arrives in the fall* or *jake Garcia is the trooof cali kid with that dawg in him*

Parrish has looked like an above average back all season behind that pathetic Oline and we let him leave to ole miss…. Save me the excuses

A 5* recruit from South Florida. Yeah bench him that will go over very well with local coaches.
Local coaches watch the games too. It's not like he'd be benched for anything but performance. local coaches along with anyone else want to see the best players play. You shouldn't make personal decisions based on how others may react. That is Gaytor shiit if you ask me

Advertisement
Guy gives varying levels of effort and is a penalty waiting to happen. Hopefully he gets his **** together or they can recruit over this next year.

"Penalty waiting to happen...."

Nailed it.

He wont be Simmons because he isnt near as sudden or fast as Simmons is.

Simmons isnt wasnt a real hitter..but has a lot of speed and some physicality to make up for it.

Hes a solid player, swiss army, tweener. A guy like Steele will get thebest out of him the next few years.
That's true.

Given our defensive depth chart and what Diaz left behind….Williams is 100% a starter .

But it should be at linebacker , permanently. He simply isn’t good enough in space to be a safety . This is Ray Ray all over again .
Yeah but he can’t tackle. In fact, I can’t think of an single time when he’s wrapped up a ball carrier. However, I can remember him either bouncing off or just flat missing guys with a shoulder so many ******* times that I have PTSD every time he has to make a simple tackle. He sucks. Anyone who says differently is either personally involved with him or completely dilusional. I’m not saying he doesn’t have upside but as we sit here right now, he is awful. plain and simple.

Opening paragraph is a continued excuse…. *insert bro these WRs suck they can’t catch wait till so-so arrives in the fall* or *jake Garcia is the trooof cali kid with that dawg in him*

Parrish has looked like an above average back all season behind that pathetic Oline and we let him leave to ole miss…. Save me the excuses

Hold on what am i missing here actually?.

What does this have to do with me?,.

Jaylen Knighton and Parrish have had similar careers up to this point...and we have both on the team right now.
Parrish ypc is at 4.8....Knighton is at 4.2 for the szn. Parrish has been pretty good for us...Knighton may be playing nicked right now as he doesnt look like the end of the year Knighton and they havent gotten him as involved in the pass game as i hoped they would...maybe TVD just isnt looking considering he found Young n might not take his eyes off of him even when Young goes in the showers.

Advertisement
Local coaches watch the games too. It's not like he'd be benched for anything but performance. local coaches along with anyone else want to see the best players play. You shouldn't make personal decisions based on how others may react. That is Gaytor shiit if you ask me
James played for Western, Pace, and American Heritage...he isnt surrounded by the typical handlers and the coaches at AH could give a f about UM obviously. He was coached by Earl Little, Darryl Porter (Cane son) and Pat Surtain lol

This isnt a MNW, MIAMI CENTRAL, BTW type of deal

Not all 5-stars are created equally. Dangerous to crown many of them prematurely. Not that anyone around here would do that👀.

JW is a microcosm of this team.

We got more recruiting stars than the rest of the division, but this kid isn't very good.
The problem is what's sitting behind him is far worse and that's saying something given that the bar isnt very high here to begin with.

I dont doubt the kid is in the right spot on most of the snaps but when they call his name on the broadcast it's always for dumb ****.
He dropped an int today. When you win those recruiting battles you count on them being a difference maker. He seems to always be making the difference... for the other team.

What happened to AWiliams? That int vs GT last year was the type of play I haven't seen a safety make here since Jaquan yet now he's unplayable. 2 busted coverages from him today one of which was 7 against a competent Off.

Advertisement
The level of hate this kid gets by the fan base is strange.. kids a baller. Played hurt, and never made one excuse.

Has he been playing out of position? Mostly likely.. but guess who calls the plays?

He’ll be a lot more appreciated and used correctly by the league when he leaves, like so many past players over the last 20 years.

On the Behind the U podcast Guidry said James will play some outside linebacker this year to add more value to himself

It just makes sense.

HOWEVER, even if James' shoulder is entirely healed, he'll need to change both his form tackling and his level of aggression to be closer to the line. His HUDL highlights from HS didn't show a headhunter type we typically like at midfield, and while he was good in the blitzes, he didn't look comfortable swimming through traffic and getting dirty in the run game. Nothing since he became a Cane makes me feel he's corrected those "deficiencies". So this is a big big year for JW in terms of showing he can make the right adjustments..

Calling out a major consistently displayed poor habit from a player makes my opinion hate. OK

James doesn't wrap up or play as physical as a top player at his position should. He is average at best.

Mad potential but plays soft. One play in the fsu game comes to mind. He was in the box, a lineman pulled next level and he shied away BIG TIME from plugging the lane. Dude broke off a 30+yard run on the play. Weak

Advertisement
The level of hate this kid gets by the fan base is strange.. kids a baller. Played hurt, and never made one excuse.

Has he been playing out of position? Mostly likely.. but guess who calls the plays?

He’ll be a lot more appreciated and used correctly by the league when he leaves, like so many past players over the last 20 years.
No, it's not hate.

There's some hate, but the vast majority is very much justified criticism.

He missed waaaaaaaaaaaay too many tackles and had one too many bone-headed penalties. The majority of the criticism levied at him is asking him to wrap up and tackle dudes instead of trying to knock them off their feet with a no-wrap shoulder hit.

Everyone knows he has the potential to be great. We all just want to see it from him.

No, it's not hate.

There's some hate, but the vast majority is very much justified criticism.

He missed waaaaaaaaaaaay too many tackles and had one too many bone-headed penalties. The majority of the criticism levied at him is asking him to wrap up and tackle dudes instead of trying to knock them off their feet with a no-wrap shoulder hit.

Everyone knows he has the potential to be great. We all just want to see it from him.
Exactly. Very little hate. We know if he puts it all together he can probably be our best player.

Advertisement
Back