James Williams is not hurt

Not really surprising james gonna move around alot, marshall played with 5 dbs 70% of their snaps u need someone who u can place in different spots.
I am not a fan of James. He can’t tackle for **** and isn’t a safety. That being said, I do think this Defense will suit him better which will keep him closer to LOS rather than away.

Advertisement
Eh, kinda. Go back and watch that game and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

The defense was bad at tackling. I would argue James was at, or in my opinion, below the teams average.
I do know what you're talking about, I'm just saying the issue seemed to be defense wide. I think he led the team in tackles so even with the issues he's getting to the ball way more than anybody else so his misses stand out imo. He can have more misses but still be above the team average. I'm really hoping all that **** gets cleaned up this year. I'm not gonna make excuses for the kid, he needs to do better. He has the dog in him no doubt, lets see if he can get off the porch and into the yard this year. Can't teach pure passion, but you can teach wrapping up.

Hopefully new defensive coordinator Guidry will find a way to maximize James‘ gifts and talents with the appropriate match ups on the field. Williams has a lot of improvement to make, but needs to find what he excels at to contribute to the overall team defense.

Advertisement
Hopefully new defensive coordinator Guidry will find a way to maximize James‘ gifts and talents with the appropriate match ups on the field. Williams has a lot of improvement to make, but needs to find what he excels at to contribute to the overall team defense.
So our second leading tackler on defense (who played with one shoulder for half the year) did not contribute to the overall team defense?!! Senseless
dave chappelle slap GIF

Last edited:
1690716897651.png

nearly 60 tackles last year with a torn labrum. Also 6 PD. Give this man his respect! I’m expecting 30 more tackles this year and a few more picks and sacks. He has great pass coverage ratings already. Will be the Swiss Army knife of the defense. People are going to show Kam major respect so he won’t have as many INTS. This defense will be scary to play against

The only players on the team who gets unjustified "hate" is TVD & Henry Parrish.

JW is not hated, he was an Elite high ranked 5-Star that has yet to live up to the billing & gets rightfully criticized for his inconsistent play.

If he plays up to the level of his talent, no one will criticize him.
I think TVD deserves the hate. I also think our fans overrate him beyond belief & that's part of why he gets more hate then he should. He's an average QB.

Advertisement
View attachment 248638
nearly 60 tackles last year with a torn labrum. Also 6 PD. Give this man his respect! I’m expecting 30 more tackles this year and a few more picks and sacks. He has great pass coverage ratings already. Will be the Swiss Army knife of the defense. People are going to show Kam major respect so he won’t have as many INTS. This defense will be scary to play against
🗣️SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!

I was just as critical of JW as anyone until I found out he played with that injury.

As someone who has had a torn labrum I will vouch that the sh*t sucks bro. Tackling and hitting to any degree with that injury blows my mind. So he has my respect on that alone.

Him being out there speaks to the lack of depth and trust for that safety room as he was definitely a hindrance in a lot of ways as we all saw. But he showed up and played regardless. Can’t overlook that.

No one is knocking on James' potential. Everyone with half a brain and familiarity with how hard it is to play football at his level acknowledges that the young man played injured and was heroic.

It is equally true that he didn't come close to playing in 2022 like an All Conference or Day 1/ Day 2 guy that people are projecting preseason 2023. And stats are only one measure of impact. I thought he was flat out a liability in some games. And, IMHO, the 59 tackles are more an indictment of how bad our LB crew was last year. Flagg had 56 tackles but no one sees him as an AA candidate.

JW needs to be a willing and quality tackler to deliver on his potential. Once/if he becomes a headhunter while maintaining his unique size/speed combination and ball-hawking instincts, everyone will buy in.

I think TVD deserves the hate. I also think our fans overrate him beyond belief & that's part of why he gets more hate then he should. He's an average QB.
So you hate our QB and you don't think he will succeed this season. Will your opinion change when he breaks the Miami single season passing record?

Advertisement
Injury or not, the bottom line is this kid has absolutely stunk out loud for 2 years.

The cool part, though, is absolutely none of that matters in the least bit now. It's a new season, and if he goes and plays up to his recruiting ranking, we won't ever think about or talk about what's transpired the last 2 years at all. But saying this kid has been anything but a massive disappointment is simply false. Again though, he gets an opportunity to turn the page and put all of that in the past. It's time. If he was hurt, fine. He's healhty now. If he's not a range Safety, fine. He should play more near the LOS this year in this scheme. Tackle better. React quicker. Use your size and speed more efficiently. Stop getting 15 ******* yard personal foul penalties for dumbass **** that isn't even physical. It's time for this kid to play like a 5-star. If he can do it, it obviously helps the defense TREMENDOUSLY.

Kam is a first-team All-America. Thow in a legit 5-star talent back there in James. Throw in a top half of Round 1 talent at DT. Throw in Mesidor, who is a VERY good if not excellent player. Throw in Mauigoa, who again is, at worst, a very good player. We have brought it a bunch of talent the past 2 classes on the edge, some of those kids should be ready to contribute, at least rotationally. Bain is a college ready player. This isn't the most talented defense in America, and it's not the most talented defense Mario will field here. 2024 and 2025 will look a lot more like what Miami teams should look like. But we were 88th in the country in YPP allowed last season. That is flat out inexcusable and horrid. There are enough pieces on this defense this year to significantly improve that number. A lot of that starts with James being what we all know James can be.

So you hate our QB and you don't think he will succeed this season. Will your opinion change when he breaks the Miami single season passing record?
Of course it would. I don't HATE our QB. I just think he is average & hasn't done enough to warrant the hype he gets.

Of course it would. I don't HATE our QB. I just think he is average & hasn't done enough to warrant the hype he gets.

FWIW, he's getting absolutely zero hype this season. Like, literally none. Mike Farrell (I know, certainly not the best judge of this, but he has a national voice) put up his ranking of the Top 50 QBs in the country. TVD was not listed. In the TOP FIFTY! So if you don't think he's good, or he's average, that's fine. But he got a ton of hype in 2022, and fell flat, clearly. He is getting literally zero this year.

Advertisement
FWIW, he's getting absolutely zero hype this season. Like, literally none. Mike Farrell (I know, certainly not the best judge of this, but he has a national voice) put up his ranking of the Top 50 QBs in the country. TVD was not listed. In the TOP FIFTY! So if you don't think he's good, or he's average, that's fine. But he got a ton of hype in 2022, and fell flat, clearly. He is getting literally zero this year.
Hype on the board, hype in the past. Didn't once say he's getting hype this year. Not once.

Advertisement
Back