James Williams is not hurt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Including the HS coaches we have on our board 🤫
No; Macho is the man & I got nothing but respect for him.

I was talking about the South FL coaches who would make an issue of us benching JW just because he was a HS 5-star. My point was, we shouldn’t do anything in terms of our personnel decisions to ever appease local HS coaches because most of them don’t actually care to begin with.

Given our defensive depth chart and what Diaz left behind….Williams is 100% a starter .

But it should be at linebacker , permanently. He simply isn’t good enough in space to be a safety . This is Ray Ray all over again .

sorry OL is whats wrong i have seldom seen dude have space ornot having to dodge 2 dudes as soon as he gets the ball
Got it more excuses… just like TVD sucks because the WRs haven’t hit the jugs machine…. Love ya Gogeta but he isn’t hitting ANY holes with purpose or holding onto the rock like his jobs on the line

The OL is a convenient(easy) excuse

Advertisement
Given our defensive depth chart and what Diaz left behind….Williams is 100% a starter .

But it should be at linebacker , permanently. He simply isn’t good enough in space to be a safety . This is Ray Ray all over again .
He's not a LB. Nothing about his play style demonstrates he is prepared to live that life.

Wrap the **** up JW, ****. He's awesome but still trying to knock ppl out with his shoulders. When the VT (scrub) QB stepped out of bounds before their first td, JW lunges at him with his shoulder with no attempt to form tackle. Clean it up and he's an all American.

I’m rooting for JW but when I see him tackle I just imagine him hitting the big donut with his shoulders and back during practice. SMH

Advertisement
He’s not as bad as folk make him out to be.. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Plus, ain’t no one behind to start over him.
This. He’s up and down. Not very consistent but who’s gonna play ahead of him? Kinchens is our best safety. Avantae is a liability and shouldn’t see the field. He nearly gave up 14 points to VT by himself. That first fumble he recovered was a total luck play because he blew his assignment and jumped the underneath route. Ivey’s helmet saved the day and Avantae happened to be in the right place at the right time. Later he tried to undercut a deep route to make a pick and the ball went over his head (with nobody behind the play at all) and he lucked out that the VT receiver dropped what would have been an easy touchdown.

Safety, outside of Kinchens is the most disappointing position on defense.

Advertisement
This. He’s up and down. Not very consistent but who’s gonna play ahead of him? Kinchens is our best safety. Avantae is a liability and shouldn’t see the field. He nearly gave up 14 points to VT by himself. That first fumble he recovered was a total luck play because he blew his assignment and jumped the underneath route. Ivey’s helmet saved the day and Avantae happened to be in the right place at the right time. Later he tried to undercut a deep route to make a pick and the ball went over his head (with nobody behind the play at all) and he lucked out that the VT receiver dropped what would have been an easy touchdown.

Safety, outside of Kinchens is the most disappointing position on defense.
And even Kinchens blew it badly vs MTSU and UNC.

One thing I had to realize and maybe more ppl should..... He is not and will not ever be Isaiah Simmons. The intellect just isn't there. Still can be a great player tho but I think it'll fit him best if he sticks and key on to just one position. Learn that as best as he can and maybe he'll be able to play with a better flow.

He wont be Simmons because he isnt near as sudden or fast as Simmons is.

Simmons isnt wasnt a real hitter..but has a lot of speed and some physicality to make up for it.

Hes a solid player, swiss army, tweener. A guy like Steele will get thebest out of him the next few years.

The recurring theme in this thread is:

“He can’t tackle…so let’s move him to linebacker.”

Good thing tackling isn’t required for the LB position.
Ask TJ watt about tackling

Lol soft azzzz defense and he got it paid to do one thing be athletic and get the sack…. Something JW can do all night
Not good.

Would be an amazing 3-4 OLB with another 15 pounds on him
Miamimike305

Why do you disagree

Advertisement
Back