James Williams 3.0

Advertisement
I agree 100%.
Thats why alot of busts get drafted at corner in the nfl. Smart corners go to these schools like bama etc, Clemson doesnt even care who they throw out there......just give me monster safeties and decent corners who can run with a nfl front 7 and im good. Any DB gets exposed in this day and age without a good front 7 if their names aint Revis or Deon.

Thats why alot of busts get drafted at corner in the nfl. Smart corners go to these schools like bama etc, Clemson doesnt even care who they throw out there......just give me monster safeties and decent corners who can run with a nfl front 7 and im good. Any DB gets exposed in this day and age without a good front 7 if their names aint Revis or Deon.
I think it kind of comes and goes honestly. Something happens to the game that gives wr’s a significant advantage and then all of a sudden you get a surge of super corners growing up and the cycle treats itself. I think football kinda repeats itself in a cycle in a way. I think running the ball is going to come back soon lol

So with the question posed of us landing Williams/Kam/Chase, how does the rest of the class look?

QB Braxton
RB Franklin
RB Daniels
WR George
WR Brinson
WR B Smith
WR Yulkeith
TE Brantley
TE Arroyo
OL Seymore
OL McLaughlin
OL Rodriguez
OL Walker or JWill taking 1 scholly
DL Taylor
DL Haye
DE Hammett
DE Ishmael
LB Johnson
LB Troutman
LB C Smith (striker)
CB Burns
CB Curtis
CB M Brown
DB Williams
DB Kitchens
K Borregales

Question I pose is due to landing Williams, it creates a situation, where imo, you have to pick between keeping CB/ATH Curtis or WR/ATH Yulkeith (not comparing the skill set, just asking which position do we need more)? Hurts but I'd say we would need to keep Curtis unless the belief is Yulkeith would be a better college D1 CB.
Dude, we have 24 spots.

Advertisement
Dude, we have 24 spots.

Gotta read the comment below the list, homie. I thought the same thing at first, but noticed he: (1) listed a spot for Walker or Jarred Williams (it's Williams and Walker got the last c/o 2020 spot); and (2) included both Curtis and Yulk but then stated only one of those guys has a spot.

EDIT: Just read his response. Looks like I was giving too much credit, lol.

Last edited:
I think it kind of comes and goes honestly. Something happens to the game that gives wr’s a significant advantage and then all of a sudden you get a surge of super corners growing up and the cycle treats itself. I think football kinda repeats itself in a cycle in a way. I think running the ball is going to come back soon lol
depends if defenses are equipped for passing u will see a running team, look at San Fran they ran their way to a superbowl appearance

Watch the pats this year lol. You’re going to see them cause a running resurgence. Defenses are building more and more to the pass, more db’s, smaller /quicker players and scheming to pass rushing even on traditional run downs. Belichik is like “ I’m going to do this **** in reverse just to show you how great I am “ lol.

Last edited:
Watch the pats this year lol. You’re going to see them cause a running resurgence. Defenses are building more and more to the pass, more db’s, smaller /quicker players and scheming to pass rushing even on traditional run downs. Belichik is like “ I’m going to do this **** in reverse just to show you how great I am “ lol.
I like cam’s fit with that team. It’s also why I think JT makes the team. Stretch the field and run the ball

Advertisement
Dude, we have 24 spots.
Ur right, nice catch. Even worse then. IMO the staff will only take 3 WRs if it comes down to getting Williams. They'll take ADs commitment and basically tell Yul we're out of spots. Idk if I agree with that strategy though because if we whiff on JWill then that leaves us without JWill and Yul. I say take Yul if he wants in as the 4th WR and if land Kam and CSmith we close it up and let JWill go to UGA.

Yeah it’s a game of matchups too. Unc did what a lot of acc teams don’t/can’t do they challenged them vertically. Clemson hasn’t exactly been loaded in the secondary and I personally think we can do the same

challenged them vertically to a tune of 20 points...wowzers

I like cam’s fit with that team. It’s also why I think JT makes the team. Stretch the field and run the ball

Jeff Thomas will either make the team or be one of the first guys cut.

Belichick don’t **** around with young guys who aren’t completely professional. Y’all ever hear of Jonas Gray? RB who carried 40 times vs Indy to the tune of 4TDs and 200+ yards.

The guy showed up to a meeting late the very next week and BB sent him home. Not sure he ever saw a snap the rest of the season but the dude was out just as quick as he came on the scene

Chase Smith is a four star so he’s not under the radar like Rousseau was. I said it on the other thread that I would be perfectly happy with Smith and Kinchens.

Williams” highlights are very impressive but reveal a couple concerns. I think he’s a little too stiff like Ray Ray Armstrong was to be elite at safety. Definitely good player and starting ACC level, but no ST. Kinchens is more your classic safety type in terms of hips.. And Williams doesn’t demonstrate the heat seeking missile type of play you’d want from a striker. He seems a little shy about contact relative to Finley, Frierson and K Smith.

The class is better with Williams no doubt. But it will be fine without him.

I agree w/ u. Stiff hips and his size may have outgrown the position. Trust me if he commits, I’m ecstatic, but I’m not going to lose my marbles on it. If he’s intent on staying at safety, then he’s going to have work diligently to loosen those hips at the next level. He would be an absolute outstanding LB, imo. He has that Tremaine Edmunds feel.

Advertisement
niners already did it lol

Was telling my buddy’s the same. They’re gonna revert back to the style of Pats teams from 00-05. And Cam is just the icing on the cake. They’ll still win 10/11 games minimum.

1594176583697.png

Advertisement
No way you don’t take JWill just no way. I’d bump Yul out if things get tighter, #20 is too impactful not to be included if he wants in

Advertisement
Back