James Williams 3.0

Advertisement
How do we get both Chase Smith and James Williams? Probably both start as strikers in our system.

Williams is huge for multiple reasons....#1 ranked player in state, local legend, his coming would be contagious with other local, elite talent. Need him as a player and what he’d change in the eyes of kids and competition.

I’m just hoping we can get both. Think Chase Smith will be a GR15 type for us. Freaky size, athleticism but under the radar as a target. Could blow up in a similar way.

Chase Smith is a four star so he’s not under the radar like Rousseau was. I said it on the other thread that I would be perfectly happy with Smith and Kinchens.

Williams” highlights are very impressive but reveal a couple concerns. I think he’s a little too stiff like Ray Ray Armstrong was to be elite at safety. Definitely good player and starting ACC level, but no ST. Kinchens is more your classic safety type in terms of hips.. And Williams doesn’t demonstrate the heat seeking missile type of play you’d want from a striker. He seems a little shy about contact relative to Finley, Frierson and K Smith.

The class is better with Williams no doubt. But it will be fine without him.

So with the question posed of us landing Williams/Kam/Chase, how does the rest of the class look?

QB Braxton
RB Franklin
RB Daniels
WR George
WR Brinson
WR B Smith
WR Yulkeith
TE Brantley
TE Arroyo
OL Seymore
OL McLaughlin
OL Rodriguez
OL Walker or JWill taking 1 scholly
DL Taylor
DL Haye
DE Hammett
DE Ishmael
LB Johnson
LB Troutman
LB C Smith (striker)
CB Burns
CB Curtis
CB M Brown
DB Williams
DB Kitchens
K Borregales

Question I pose is due to landing Williams, it creates a situation, where imo, you have to pick between keeping CB/ATH Curtis or WR/ATH Yulkeith (not comparing the skill set, just asking which position do we need more)? Hurts but I'd say we would need to keep Curtis unless the belief is Yulkeith would be a better college D1 CB.

How do we get both Chase Smith and James Williams? Probably both start as strikers in our system.

Williams is huge for multiple reasons....#1 ranked player in state, local legend, his coming would be contagious with other local, elite talent. Need him as a player and what he’d change in the eyes of kids and competition.

I’m just hoping we can get both. Think Chase Smith will be a GR15 type for us. Freaky size, athleticism but under the radar as a target. Could blow up in a similar way.
Smith would be Striker and Williams would be safety.

Atleast to start out.

Advertisement
Chase Smith is a four star so he’s not under the radar like Rousseau was. I said it on the other thread that I would be perfectly happy with Smith and Kinchens.

Williams” highlights are very impressive but reveal a couple concerns. I think he’s a little too stiff like Ray Ray Armstrong was to be elite at safety. Definitely good player and starting ACC level, but no ST. Kinchens is more your classic safety type in terms of hips.. And Williams doesn’t demonstrate the heat seeking missile type of play you’d want from a striker. He seems a little shy about contact relative to Finley, Frierson and K Smith.

The class is better with Williams no doubt. But it will be fine without him.
Totally agree about Williams and his film. I think people are just overly enamored by his physical frame and perceived positional versatility. I'd be more than happy with chase smith & w/o williams in this class.

Advertisement
I’ve been thinking a lot about what James Williams would do for us. I think it creates a situation in the secondary kinda like what The d-line is going to be. So much versatility you have the ability to move the best athlete amongst them around. If he were to ever play here I would die for a single high of avantae Williams/kam kinchens with James Williams lurking underneath or vice versa because they’re all interchangeable.
That would be crazy elite bro. We would definitely be back if that’s what our future secondary would look like.

Advertisement
We need @TouchMoney26 to come validate this thread.
D34A1F80-8035-422C-80CD-4314150CC790.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back