James Gordon IV

This is a good post.

Miami has got some balls with a lot of these kids in this state.

Miami stops communicating with these Plan B and Plan C kids for months...many months at a time...but send out "u up?" text at 2am before Signing Day. Some insulting ****. You the University of Miami, yo...you just went 7-5 versus a charmin schedule...the fvck you doin?

As much as I love Miami, I'd laugh at their *** if they told me I was no good 6mo ago, but come calling a few weeks before signing day knowing they swung n missed on countless others. Our relationship building is horrendous at this school.
Hes a 3 star , plan b or plan c kid. Who cares, He will go to Minnesota or some other lower tier school and disappear. Next year itll be someone else. This is the way recruiting works, look at lets say Terry Mccray ….a 3 star plan b who never stepped on the field. Go back every year , its jus the way it works.

Advertisement
Hes a 3 star , plan b or plan c kid. Who cares, He will go to Minnesota or some other lower tier school and disappear. Next year itll be someone else. This is the way recruiting works, look at lets say Terry Mccray ….a 3 star plan b who never stepped on the field. Go back every year , its jus the way it works.

Just like Skai Moore...or JT Thomas...or James Burgess...or Josh Bynes...or guys that could have been flipped after a JUCO stint like Lavonte David or Emmanuel Lamur.

I’m asking this because of the post I quoted you on. If they’ve been on him since his sophomore year and we’re late to the party why do all that? I know kids have been doing it but we’re talking about him right. I wasn’t attacking the kid I’m just asking a simple question based off your post.
Its not about jumping at the offer its that everything happened lasy second. Now sure they might've been blamed for losing Solomon in the end but that happens so you go to the next best guy. Now if you're right that he visited then cool but the way this looks to all of us not in the know is that he's usijg us to make his announcement important especially when his Twitter is literally all Minnesota
I know you guys aren’t attacking him but I think most in here have their orange and green glasses on. We have been getting burnt since the Golden era so I can understand it.

I can tell you for sure he isn’t using us to make some grand announcement to Minny. If he wanted to use a school to prop up his announcement it would be FSU or UF because that’s all that’s in this area. From what I understand is this; He has been committed to Minny and loves it their. Fleck and Jahmil Addae (From Riverview) are awesome recruiters. We come in at the last hour and offer now he is legitimately torn on where to go. It’s like that guy who has been dating a 5-6 for 4 years, then all of a sudden he gets attention from a 9-10. He is a good dude so he don’t want to flat out abandon the 5-6 but at the same time he can’t take his eyes or attention off that 9-10. In his head he’s like “Dam that 9-10 is bad af and I want her, but this 5-6 is my day one”....

He reason for not decommitting? Idk. I said earlier he is quiet and humble. Maybe he doesn’t want the backlash from Minny fans. Maybe he feels like if he chooses us then that will serve as his decommit. Maybe he feels like he is still committed to Minny but a part of him wants to be at Miami. Their is no guide book on how to handle recruiting especially for a small town country boy who’s recruitment blows up in a matter of weeks.

I know you guys aren’t attacking him but I think most in here have their orange and green glasses on. We have been getting burnt since the Golden era so I can understand it.

I can tell you for sure he isn’t using us to make some grand announcement to Minny. If he wanted to use a school to prop up his announcement it would be FSU or UF because that’s all that’s in this area. From what I understand is this; He has been committed to Minny and loves it their. Fleck and Jahmil Addae (From Riverview) are awesome recruiters. We come in at the last hour and offer now he is legitimately torn on where to go. It’s like that guy who has been dating a 5-6 for 4 years, then all of a sudden he gets attention from a 9-10. He is a good dude so he don’t want to flat out abandon the 5-6 but at the same time he can’t take his eyes or attention off that 9-10. In his head he’s like “Dam that 9-10 is bad af and I want her, but this 5-6 is my day one”....

He reason for not decommitting? Idk. I said earlier he is quiet and humble. Maybe he doesn’t want the backlash from Minny fans. Maybe he feels like if he chooses us then that will serve as his decommit. Maybe he feels like he is still committed to Minny but a part of him wants to be at Miami. Their is no guide book on how to handle recruiting especially for a small town country boy who’s recruitment blows up in a matter of weeks.
I wish the kid luck and I wish we came at hkm earlier which has been a big issue with me ijs no matter what he's going to get attacked sadly I just hope he's ready and has a good support system with him

Advertisement
I'm taking my official visits! You only have this opportunity once in your lifetime. If he went was Minny going to pull his offer? I understand Bama and Clemson using those tactics but not Minny. And if so, worst case scenario, he ends up in Miami?! I'm sure that huge family of his won't mind spending Saturdays watching him at the Rock, instead of on some BIG 10 streaming service. Thank God, Bandy understood the big picture. Good luck to the kid.

If a kid can’t handle pressure from gopher fans idk if he belongs at the U. What about the pressure when he plays FSU at Tallahassee? What about the pressure of a 4 or 5 star freshman behind you?
Bust pipes or makes diamonds. I’m not in his spot but tough choices come with adulthood.
No one is going to die regardless of where he goes.
It’s not fleck’s fault he’s a coach at Minnesota. It’s no ones fault that the U is very appealing and a proven pipeline to the nfl.

FOH. He suppose to jump to Miami cause they come and offer last minute? You sound dumb. Y’all always talking about loyalty on here but only when it suites Miami. Guess who’s been their since DJ was a sophomore. Minny. Blame this staff for not being able to hold onto kids then scrambling at the last minute.

Btw: Minny has been putting the full court press on DJ. This was from Friday and he had 3 coaches at the school from Minny yesterday. They knew he has legit interest in Miami. That’s why they are going all out in the 4th quarter
View attachment 71915

I didn’t know the homie addae was coaching at Minny now. That’s crazy.

Its some straight hubris to think Miami offers this crazy appeal, in 2018 where they can just swoop in with an offer in the midnight hour and think they can snag someone. What is funny, is Miami is being told to EAD by pretty much every P5 type they've done this to over the years. They try to do it to South Carolina cherrypicks every single year and they get told to kick rocks annually. But, here we are...still doing the same ol ****.

Maybe they can get Gordon IV, but this is a trend in Miami football thats just gross.

Its a tough spot. If by some miracle big names jump on board then you have to tell kids like Gordon to move on. Miami coaches have to reevaluate the way they do things though. We are missing out on a lot solid plan B kids to get told to EAD by the top guys this cycle. So we will end up with nobody or Plan C's it appears.

Advertisement
Its a tough spot. If by some miracle big names jump on board then you have to tell kids like Gordon to move on. Miami coaches have to reevaluate the way they do things though. We are missing out on a lot solid plan B kids to get told to EAD by the top guys this cycle. So we will end up with nobody or Plan C's it appears.

Miami has not adjusted to the new signing schedule.

As a program, you need to have a better foundation of commitments in September. Players like Gordon IV, Brown, or any other "Plan B" needs to be committed to Miami by early in the season. They - clearly - will not be available for the midnight offer. I've been saying this since last year, because the writing was on the wall. You need to plan better...Miami has not. Richt and the staff have not adjusted. So, you're right...we go from Plan B to Plan C and even Plan D really quick when your Plan As come off the board.

If a kid can’t handle pressure from gopher fans idk if he belongs at the U. What about the pressure when he plays FSU at Tallahassee? What about the pressure of a 4 or 5 star freshman behind you?
Bust pipes or makes diamonds. I’m not in his spot but tough choices come with adulthood.
No one is going to die regardless of where he goes.
It’s not fleck’s fault he’s a coach at Minnesota. It’s no ones fault that the U is very appealing and a proven pipeline to the nfl.
The U can’t be that appealing if we have kids jumping ship left and right

Just like Skai Moore...or JT Thomas...or James Burgess...or Josh Bynes...or guys that could have been flipped after a JUCO stint like Lavonte David or Emmanuel Lamur.
so 5 out of about 100 in the last 10-12 years. For every 1 you named we can go through the past and name 10 more

Advertisement
PJ Fleck is a hot name and will probably be gone within 2 years.

You commit to a school. Not a coach. Hope homeboy is really about that Minny life if that's where he wants to go.

PJ Fleck is a hot name and will probably be gone within 2 years.

You commit to a school. Not a coach. Hope homeboy is really about that Minny life if that's where he wants to go.

Nah PJ Fleck WAS WAS WAS a hot name...6-6 and 5-7 is a step down from the coach before him at Minny. His star has definitely faded...Been exposed a little with the step up in class. Plus his whole style and personality is so gimmicky.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Backlash from Minny fans? Huh? You can't be serious

Nah PJ Fleck WAS WAS WAS a hot name...6-6 and 7-5 is a step down from the coach before him at Minny. His star has definitely faded...Been exposed a little with the step up in class. Plus his whole style and personality is so gimmicky.
Not really Minnesota is basically the bottom ***** of their conference so if he gets 9 wins next season his name will be scorching

I'm taking my official visits! You only have this opportunity once in your lifetime. If he went was Minny going to pull his offer? I understand Bama and Clemson using those tactics but not Minny. And if so, worst case scenario, he ends up in Miami?! I'm sure that huge family of his won't mind spending Saturdays watching him at the Rock, instead of on some BIG 10 streaming service. Thank God, Bandy understood the big picture. Good luck to the kid.

Right...ya just tell LITTLE LITTLE LITTEL Minnesota and LITTLE PJ FLECK F**k off if he tries to hardball you...Nobody worried about Minny.

Advertisement
Back