James Cook speed

Never in the history of football has what you run a 200m in mattered.

LMAO are you ***** serious? Go scout for a team and fail tell the coaches the opponent has a guy who runs under 22. He burns your team for two bombs and your *** is down the road. 40,100,200,400 you post a good time in those races you are a threat. You can believe that BS if you want to that's you.

When has Cook run sub-22?

You can't even get your facts right.

And now you think a 400m time (which Cook's is terrible anyways) is somehow relevant, lol. What's Cook's marathon time? That matters about as much

Advertisement
I don't know how you figure. Dude ran a 22.0 as a junior so I know he can run under 22.0 which is explosive. He can give you a good 100 also running like that. Not sure what the reasoning was behind his 4.7 but he's obviously faster than that.

What?

He's ran a laser 4.71/4.74 at 2 seperate Nike camps.

What do you mean you "don't understand the reasoning" or that "he's faster than that"?

You out of all people, being a track times guy, should get that your time is your time. You might want Cook to be faster, but he just isn't

He faster than 4.7 sorry. Maybe he was out of shape, didn't warm up right or whatever. Kid ran 22.0 he cans run trust me.

If he ran a 4.71 and 4.74 or whatever it was, he is clearly not faster than a 4.7. So, i don't trust you, i trust the laser.
Maybe he can get down to the 4.6 or even 4.5 range by the time hes older at FSU, but right now he is not faster than that.

I don't give a *** if any of you dudes trust me. Lmao are you serious? If you can run a 22.0 flat 200m you can run faster than a 4.7 40. He ran 4.7 at some camp so what? Like he can't improve the same way bandy can or some other dude y'all wanna cheerlead in a given week. If he runs next year he will be under 22. Any real **** knows if you rolling like that you cans run period.

Jesus you're really carrying a torch for this dude. What's your explanation for him running nearly the same slow-*** time at multiple camps? Why so easy to dismiss those times?

Again, the 200 is a completely different race. Some dudes start slow and build to a great top end. Nobody's saying he's not fast, but he doesn't get up to speed quickly and that's a trait that's important in football.

Until this kid runs a laser times 4.4, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Wait. How is it impossible to run 4.7 then 6.3 for the next 60? That leaves you 12 seconds to cover the second 100m. Seems doable to me.

Last edited:
See what happens when you make Track times the most important thing when evaluating a player, you end up frying your circuits trying to explain away something that doesn't have a lot of correlation to on the field performance.

Track & 40 times be damned, if you payed attention to his Junior year last season he played horrible & didn't look anywhere near as good as he's touted to be from his Sophomore year.

He didn't have a single dominant performance at all last year & was running behind arguably one of the best OL's in Dade.

Willie Davis IV carried the load for Central & Cook better hope he picks it up as a Senior, cause the young Phenom savage Amari Daniels is coming...

See what happens when you assume someone is using track times as the most important thing when evaluating a player? You look stupid. All I'm saying is cook is faster than his 4.7 40 time. Nobody broke down his tape or said he was this or that. That's you adding chit in trying to spice up a post.

What?

What do you mean you "don't understand the reasoning" or that "he's faster than that"?

You out of all people, being a track times guy, should get that your time is your time. You might want Cook to be faster, but he just isn't

He faster than 4.7 sorry. Maybe he was out of shape, didn't warm up right or whatever. Kid ran 22.0 he cans run trust me.

If he ran a 4.71 and 4.74 or whatever it was, he is clearly not faster than a 4.7. So, i don't trust you, i trust the laser.
Maybe he can get down to the 4.6 or even 4.5 range by the time hes older at FSU, but right now he is not faster than that.

I don't give a *** if any of you dudes trust me. Lmao are you serious? If you can run a 22.0 flat 200m you can run faster than a 4.7 40. He ran 4.7 at some camp so what? Like he can't improve the same way bandy can or some other dude y'all wanna cheerlead in a given week. If he runs next year he will be under 22. Any real **** knows if you rolling like that you cans run period.

Jesus you're really carrying a torch for this dude. What's your explanation for him running nearly the same slow-*** time at multiple camps? Why so easy to dismiss those times?

Again, the 200 is a completely different race. Some dudes start slow and build to a great top end. Nobody's saying he's not fast, but he doesn't get up to speed quickly and that's a trait that's important in football.

Wait. How is it impossible to run 4.7 then 6.3 for the next 60? That leaves you 12 seconds to cover the second 100m. Seems doable to me.
What are you not getting? If he can break 4:22 in the mile the kid can scoot. If you can run you can run. There is no way that 40 time is accurate.

Advertisement

What are you not getting? If he can break 4:22 in the mile the kid can scoot. If you can run you can run. There is no way that 40 time is accurate.

Nike is laser timed. Unless you're saying it's a conspiracy and someone screwed with Cook's 40 on purpose?

At the same track even Cook ran a 22.03 (with the wind) at, Yasir Abdullah ran a 22.88, Guy Thomas ran a 22.90, and Nadab Joseph ran a 23.15.

Also at the same meet for the 100m, Abdullah ran a 10.8, Camron Davis ran a 10.99, and Nayquan Wright ran a 11.50, and Thomas ran a 11.53

Then at The Opening in the 40 yard dash, Cook ran a 4.71, Abdullah ran a 4.54, Thomas ran a 4.79, Joseph ran a 4.54, Davis ran a 4.50, and Wright ran a 4.63, which are laser timed values.

Why did I just write this? To show that the 200m, 100m, and the 36m dash aren't the same. Thomas and Cook both had similar 200m and 40s. and Abdullah who barely did better than thomas in the 200m killed him in the 100m - and the 40.
maybe james cook didn't run well that day at The Opening. But that is his official time. John Ross is the fastest player ever to enter the NFL, because he ran the fastest time ever recorded at the scouting combine. Cook has an invite to the finals, so we'll see if he can improve his time by July or not. But until then, his 4.71 is official, and we can say he isn't that fast based on that result and gametape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never in the history of football has what you run a 200m in mattered.

LMAO are you ***** serious? Go scout for a team and fail tell the coaches the opponent has a guy who runs under 22. He burns your team for two bombs and your *** is down the road. 40,100,200,400 you post a good time in those races you are a threat. You can believe that BS if you want to that's you.

When has Cook run sub

First off that was a general example and cook will be RUNNING under 22 here shortly if he keeps running. Go scout for anybody and disregard a guy who has cooks speed (there how's that for you). They'll run you're *** right off the field.

BTW, cook has a personal best of under 48 in the 400m as a frosh IIRC. You call that terrible? LMFAO.

See what happens when you make Track times the most important thing when evaluating a player, you end up frying your circuits trying to explain away something that doesn't have a lot of correlation to on the field performance.

Track & 40 times be damned, if you payed attention to his Junior year last season he played horrible & didn't look anywhere near as good as he's touted to be from his Sophomore year.

He didn't have a single dominant performance at all last year & was running behind arguably one of the best OL's in Dade.

Willie Davis IV carried the load for Central & Cook better hope he picks it up as a Senior, cause the young Phenom savage Amari Daniels is coming...

See what happens when you assume someone is using track times as the most important thing when evaluating a player? You look stupid. All I'm saying is cook is faster than his 4.7 40 time. Nobody broke down his tape or said he was this or that. That's you adding chit in trying to spice up a post.
He's faster than his 4.7 40, but for some reason it didn't show up on the field last year...

So, does that mean if he clocks a faster 40 time & runs a faster 200m that he's going to rush for more yards as a Senior?

Man that's a whole different subject. I've never seen a full game of this kid so I'm not gonna pretend I'm some expert like these cats around here. I'd have to watch a game and see. All I know is he's faster than 4.7, don't know if he didn't warm up right, was hurt, lazy that day, sick I have no idea but I've never seen a 4.7 40 kid turn around and run a 47 qtr mile as a frosh. 22. 0 as a junior.

How he utilizes his speed as a football player I can't comment on cause I've never seen him play a full game. Just because you're fast doesn't means you play fast.

Again, y'all trying to pretend like I think cause you fast you're a great player or some other made up BS but I'm not. I've never said that and never will.

Jesus you're really carrying a torch for this dude. What's your explanation for him running nearly the same slow

Man stop lying cook ran that 4.7 awhile back. He just recently ran that 22.0.

Advertisement
What?

Jesus you're really carrying a torch for this dude. What's your explanation for him running nearly the same slow

LOL..... do'nt need a lecture in the differences in races I know what they are. You act like cook can't be out of shape, injured, lazy etc. Cook is faster than that 4.7. Sure, he ran it at a camp so go ahead and buy a dam bill board or put it on a t-shirt IDGAF but he faster than that. He'll show y'all eventually and when he does I don't need no ***** up votes or a butter scotch I'll just laugh while I'm barehanding 345kv

LOL..... do'nt need a lecture in the differences in races I know what they are. You act like cook can't be out of shape, injured, lazy etc. Cook is faster than that 4.7. Sure, he ran it at a camp so go ahead and buy a dam bill board or put it on a t-shirt IDGAF but he faster than that. He'll show y'all eventually and when he does I don't need no **** up votes or a butter scotch I'll just laugh while I'm barehanding 345kv

u arguing with urself man...........u think hes fast and others dont think so thats where we at right now.

**** dude you don't even know how to quote right, ****ed all this **** up.

He ran that 4.71 40 yard dash sooooo long ago. A whole 37 days ago....smh stop being ridiculous dude.
The Opening Miami regional was February 26th. He ran the 200m a month later. Dont act like he ran that 40 2 years ago dude.

**** dude you don't even know how to quote right, ****ed all this **** up.

He ran that 4.71 40 yard dash sooooo long ago. A whole 37 days ago....smh stop being ridiculous dude.
The Opening Miami regional was February 26th. He ran the 200m a month later. Dont act like he ran that 40 2 years ago dude.

this is what i dont get he just ran that and as a freshman admitted he ran a 4.7 and wanted to improve it but hasnt improved it..........im talkin 40 here not 800 meter dashes

if he went to the nfl combime and ran a 4.7 but told coaches i ran the 200 meters they not going to give a fuq aboutthat

Advertisement
Back