Jameis Winston

Advertisement
Ernie McCracken, I applaud you for bringing some of these posters back to earth. If you didnt know any better, you would of thought we were talking about an NFL All Pro QB here. "We cant use zone because he will pick us apart", "But we also cant run man to man because he has 3 NFL Wrs", "And we cant shadow him because he ate Clemson alive", "Oh and btw, dont even think about blitzing him because thats when the REAL phucking starts!" LMAO! Why are we even showing up on Sat for this half man/half machine!?

The only problem with Jameis is that there is no blueprint to beat him because he is undefeated. But he can be beaten. He is a freshmen for gods sake. It aint brain surgery. At the end of the day, we need our CBs to do their job, the Dline to create pressure with the front 4 and blitz every so often, but most importantly we have to get off the field on 3rd down and we cant give up any BIG plays.

We stop the run and make them one dimensional and things are gonna get really interesting because as I said in many other threads..I like our DBs vs. there WRs. None of those guys are super freaks. They are just good college WRs. LIKE FSU ALWAYS HAS! No different then any other year. This core is no different then the ones they had in 1998/1999/2000 or **** even 2002! Man up and realize that this is why you came to UM, Mr. Howard, Mr. Crawford, and Mr. Gunter.

My first impression of that locker room speech video was that something wasn't right with that kid. Just saying.

Then there was that sideline shot of some Nole player being a fool in the same way. Must be a nole thing.

You can say they are loose or maybe really just tools.

Ernie McCracken, I applaud you for bringing some of these posters back to earth. If you didnt know any better, you would of thought we were talking about an NFL All Pro QB here. "We cant use zone because he will pick us apart", "But we also cant run man to man because he has 3 NFL Wrs", "And we cant shadow him because he ate Clemson alive", "Oh and btw, dont even think about blitzing him because thats when the REAL phucking starts!" LMAO! Why are we even showing up on Sat for this half man/half machine!?

The only problem with Jameis is that there is no blueprint to beat him because he is undefeated. But he can be beaten. He is a freshmen for gods sake. It aint brain surgery. At the end of the day, we need our CBs to do their job, the Dline to create pressure with the front 4 and blitz every so often, but most importantly we have to get off the field on 3rd down and we cant give up any BIG plays.

We stop the run and make them one dimensional and things are gonna get really interesting because as I said in many other threads..I like our DBs vs. there WRs. None of those guys are super freaks. They are just good college WRs. LIKE FSU ALWAYS HAS! No different then any other year. This core is no different then the ones they had in 1998/1999/2000 or **** even 2002! Man up and realize that this is why you came to UM, Mr. Howard, Mr. Crawford, and Mr. Gunter.

Are you saying that they put their cleats on one foot at a time? Good foxhole speech.
GO CANES!!!!

And furthermore, to all of my UM/FSU Historians..

Name all the QBs in this series that were True freshmen or Redshirt Freshmen and came away with a victory..I'll wait..

Advertisement
***** Jame Is. Handle our business trip to Tallahassee and set him on a path for Chris Rix stardom.

This is a very good team. They have excellent skill players and lines. But Famous Amos have become their Moses. We beat them by beating him. We know he can run, and we know he can pass. What nobody knows yet is if he can take pain? Need to bring the helmets into his torso and thighs every possible play. Like body blows in a boxing match. The pain will make him tired. Exhaustion make cowards of anyone. Al built this team for the 4th quarter of a physical. He said so after the UF game. Close 4th quarter games against THE U is the FSU nightmare. Bring pain to Famous early and often. Maybe he can take, but lets find out.

Driskell, Renner and Price all put up around 300 pass yds on this defense. They are inferior passers to Winston throwing to inferior receiving cores.

I guess one could rely on the fact this is a rivalry game where emotion could fuel a defensive performance against the pass the evidence would suggest this defense not capable of. Outside of that hope the sensible approach here is for us to run the ball, shorten the game, nice long drives keeping the FSU offense on the sideline out of rhythm and cold when they get back on the field.

Thinking we can defend this offense commanded by a passer clearly more talented than any QB we have faced in several years, with a good OL and solid receivers at his disposal, when we struggled to defend Tanner Price and Campanaro makes no sense at all.

Keep the ball and let that FSU offense hold the sideline watching while the crowd stays silent taking the air out of the game.

I agree with everything here, but I will say Greene is a really good player and with all the plays he has made through his career you would think he will get a solid look at the pros. Also Benjamin this season seems to have taken the next step in development and is using his size to his advantage and also high pointing the ball very well. His measurables alone will get him looks but if he keeps up with highlight plays like he has done the last couple weeks dude will move up draft boards quick.

Advertisement

I agree with everything here, but I will say Greene is a really good player and with all the plays he has made through his career you would think he will get a solid look at the pros. Also Benjamin this season seems to have taken the next step in development and is using his size to his advantage and also high pointing the ball very well. His measurables alone will get him looks but if he keeps up with highlight plays like he has done the last couple weeks dude will move up draft boards quick.

He's a beast...He's Stacy 2 years from now. I don't think we have anyone that can cover him 1 on 1. We will need our safeties to make plays when the balls in the air. Having Deon at full strength will be huge. He's our fastest safety by a good amount.

Im sorry but u cant leave Shayon n Chick at ends if we wanna win this game, more Mcord and AQM we need constant pressure.

How would McCord and AQM get constant pressure when they are getting driven 10 yards down the field?
If we play small defensive ends FSU will run it against them every time.

Everybody says Chick can't rush the passer buts he's been our team leader in sacks his 1st 2 years with zero help.
I don't know how many sacks he has this year but from watching the games it looks like he has around 5.

McCord and AQM are great in their roles, especially when they are one on one because Chick is bull rushing a guard and a center.

The key to this game is going to be tackling. If you watch FSU play they are overly dependent upon RAC.
We fly to the ball and gang tackle and we will, not only stop long gains, but create fumbles.

We confuse Winston with coverages, and when we hit him, we drive him to the ground with extreme prejudice.
He tends to float balls, so we have to either make plays on the ball, or if his receivers catch it, punish their ribs.
Remember Bennie Blades versus Tim Brown?

This is going to be a game of will.
We win if we impose our will and sapp theirs.

Driskell, Renner and Price all put up around 300 pass yds on this defense. They are inferior passers to Winston throwing to inferior receiving cores.

I guess one could rely on the fact this is a rivalry game where emotion could fuel a defensive performance against the pass the evidence would suggest this defense not capable of. Outside of that hope the sensible approach here is for us to run the ball, shorten the game, nice long drives keeping the FSU offense on the sideline out of rhythm and cold when they get back on the field.

Thinking we can defend this offense commanded by a passer clearly more talented than any QB we have faced in several years, with a good OL and solid receivers at his disposal, when we struggled to defend Tanner Price and Campanaro makes no sense at all.

Keep the ball and let that FSU offense hold the sideline watching while the crowd stays silent taking the air out of the game.

And they all lost.

And they all lost.

And combined for 4 INTs and 1 Fumble. Let's not forget that those 3 teams ran for 287 yards combined against us. If we shut down the run game, the QB better pick up the slack.

Advertisement

And they all lost.

They are inferior passers to Winston throwing to inferior receiving cores that are part of weaker teams that we struggled to beat.

I know that he has a reputation for being very emotional. The coaches have worked hard to try to balance the dude out. He apparently flies off the handle in practice when things don't go right. He is very immature in that regard. This is not speculation. This is what has been told to me by several people in the program. I understand this has nothing to do with gameplanning. But it's worth noting.

He definitely looks the type to have a hissy fit if things don't go his way.

At the moment, sadly, everything is going his way.

I know that he has a reputation for being very emotional. The coaches have worked hard to try to balance the dude out. He apparently flies off the handle in practice when things don't go right. He is very immature in that regard. This is not speculation. This is what has been told to me by several people in the program. I understand this has nothing to do with gameplanning. But it's worth noting.

He definitely looks the type to have a hissy fit if things don't go his way.

At the moment, sadly, everything is going his way.

Not Saturday!!!!

Advertisement
I'm more worried that I can not really figure out what you are trying to say. What is up with the formatting and grammatical errors?!? I think I had an idea of what you are trying to say and If I am correct I think your logic is somewhat flawed in using the preconceived notion that we can get sustained pressure only rushing our front four. From which game this year are you using as a reference for this leap of faith. We will have to bring more than 4 people to rattle Winston, Period.
False. We can not bring more than 4 people, because as Jameis has shown week in & week out, he will pick apart any defense that sends blitzes. I believe Tyriq McCord, Shayon Green, and Chick would challenge that they can't bring pressure... Last time I checked, Tyriq sealed the game on a sack/ fumble against Florida. And you mustn't be paying any attention to our defense, because the majority of our turnovers have come while rushing four. In fact against Florida, both INT'S and the sack fumble came against a 4 man or 3 man
rush. Also, against UNC, against Bryn Renner (arguably the only passer who can throw the ball almost as well as Jameis in the ACC) both of his INT's came against a 4 man rush, with the exception of Jimmy Gaines coming in on a delayed blitz because the RB who he was in man coverage against stayed in as a pass protector. So actually, the odds of us losing become MUCH higher when we send pressure. You can't expect our young, banged up corners/ safeties to play outstanding man coverage all game against an experienced receiving core, who just so happens to have one the best QB's under pressure throwing to them.

And they all lost.

They are inferior passers to Winston throwing to inferior receiving cores that are part of weaker teams that we struggled to beat.

I don't know that. Renner will play on Sundays. And so will his TE. O'Leary ain't in the same hemisphere. Drisckell's numbers were inflated by the passes we gave to him in the end. But the dude has as much physical ability as **** -- in fact, he's much more of a threat on the ground. Don't think this FSU team as a whole is that much better than the UF team we played. **** is talented, no doubt. But he's performed well against 1 good team, no great teams, and a bunch of sh*tty teams. To say he's the best we've faced in years is premature from any reasonable standpoint.

I'm more worried that I can not really figure out what you are trying to say. What is up with the formatting and grammatical errors?!? I think I had an idea of what you are trying to say and If I am correct I think your logic is somewhat flawed in using the preconceived notion that we can get sustained pressure only rushing our front four. From which game this year are you using as a reference for this leap of faith. We will have to bring more than 4 people to rattle Winston, Period.
False. We can not bring more than 4 people, because as Jameis has shown week in & week out, he will pick apart any defense that sends blitzes. I believe Tyriq McCord, Shayon Green, and Chick would challenge that they can't bring pressure... Last time I checked, Tyriq sealed the game on a sack/ fumble against Florida. And you mustn't be paying any attention to our defense, because the majority of our turnovers have come while rushing four. In fact against Florida, both INT'S and the sack fumble came against a 4 man or 3 man
rush. Also, against UNC, against Bryn Renner (arguably the only passer who can throw the ball almost as well as Jameis in the ACC) both of his INT's came against a 4 man rush, with the exception of Jimmy Gaines coming in on a delayed blitz because the RB who he was in man coverage against stayed in as a pass protector. So actually, the odds of us losing become MUCH higher when we send pressure. You can't expect our young, banged up corners/ safeties to play outstanding man coverage all game against an experienced receiving core, who just so happens to have one the best QB's under pressure throwing to them.

Bingo

I don't know that. Renner will play on Sundays. And so will his TE. O'Leary ain't in the same hemisphere. Drisckell's numbers were inflated by the passes we gave to him in the end. But the dude has as much physical ability as **** -- in fact, he's much more of a threat on the ground. Don't think this FSU team as a whole is that much better than the UF team we played. **** is talented, no doubt. But he's performed well against 1 good team, no great teams, and a bunch of sh*tty teams. To say he's the best we've faced in years is premature from any reasonable standpoint.

If u think Renner or Driskell are as talented as Winston I will just agree to disagree, I will also say there is zero evidence of that.

Lots of QBs have more physical ability than Winston, Driskell is horrible because of poor accuracy and vision, his ability as a runner is irrelevant in a discussion about defending an excellent passing game.

This offense is significantly better than what we faced against UF, UF have a great defense their offense is a joke because of who their starting QB was among other offensive concerns.

If u know a better QB we have faced recently I'd be curious who you think that is?

Advertisement
Back