Jameis Winston

Winston has been great against the blitz I think dropping 7 and making him dink and dunk or try to read the defense is our best bet. He will hopefully get frustrated and try to force it.

Agreed. Grind the clock when we have the ball, grind the clock when they have the ball. No big plays, make them earn the length of the field. And when they dink and dunk their way down there, hold them to fgs.

Advertisement
He is getting all the praise...and should but he has 3 NFL WRs that are always open...makes his job easier and a stud TE....

they will be tough to slow down..

Im sorry but u cant leave Shayon n Chick at ends if we wanna win this game, more Mcord and AQM we need constant pressure.

Im sorry but u cant leave Shayon n Chick at ends if we wanna win this game, more Mcord and AQM we need constant pressure.

But they give effort and don't quit is the key... Love AQM but to light in a@@ but I do think McCord should get the time.

But they give effort and don't quit is the key... Love AQM but to light in a@@ but I do think McCord should get the time.

What would be awesome is to have a DT with a pass rush, that could change everything but thats next year. Agree about AQM but who do we have thats better?

Advertisement

What would be awesome is to have a DT with a pass rush, that could change everything but thats next year. Agree about AQM but who do we have thats better?

I would put Chick inside this game and use Green in Chick's spot and McCord at stand up.

you cant just have guys like AQM and etc rushing after this guy...he will eat you alive...you have to contain him with smart players and guys that are discipline aka chik and green..the other 3rd down guys will get their play and sacks...the guys takes sacks unlike Morris who just throws it up...they are not afraid to punt it away and play D...

we need all our Dlineman this week All of them....

The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

Very true, very true. Not to mention his WRs are going to break routes and get open. The TE, who I don't think is special, is able to benefit from these WRs being pretty darn good.

Greene: 39 for 690 8 TDs
Shaw: 31 for 574 3 TDs
Benjamin: 23 for 430 5 TDs

O'Leary (TE): 17 for 307 6 TDs

Every qb will look shaky if you bring him enough heat. ****, even manning and Brady get rattled if they feel heat.

I don't think blitzing everyone is the answer neither is dropping 8 and giving him all day to throw. Disguised coverages and blitzing from not visible places will make it hard on the young freshman

I want to see some blitzing in the A gap and bust him in the mouth, where we get in trouble is blitzing off the edge and not getting there. That and we do an awful job of diguising blitzes.

Advertisement
you cant just have guys like AQM and etc rushing after this guy...he will eat you alive...you have to contain him with smart players and guys that are discipline aka chik and green..the other 3rd down guys will get their play and sacks...the guys takes sacks unlike Morris who just throws it up...they are not afraid to punt it away and play D...

we need all our Dlineman this week All of them....

I'm not saying rush him because the way our defense gets pressure it's off the edge but the guys in the middle are pushing up field but not leaving they're assignment.

The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

Very true, very true. Not to mention his WRs are going to break routes and get open. The TE, who I don't think is special, is able to benefit from these WRs being pretty darn good.

So the question is do you man up on the outside and try and let your CB's take the WR's out of the game or do you play more Zone?

Every qb will look shaky if you bring him enough heat. ****, even manning and Brady get rattled if they feel heat.

I don't think blitzing everyone is the answer neither is dropping 8 and giving him all day to throw. Disguised coverages and blitzing from not visible places will make it hard on the young freshman

I want to see some blitzing in the A gap and bust him in the mouth, where we get in trouble is blitzing off the edge and not getting there. That and we do an awful job of diguising blitzes.

But we can't become comfortable doing it because they will use crossing patterns or wr screens if noticeable.

Advertisement
NO teams are getting to Him up the middle...and we like zero sacks up the middle from DTs.....if we take away his lanes that will help..he has had 7 on 7 throwing lanes all year..BC was the only team that threw people up the middle at him...not sure how we do that..porter and company have been great against the run but non existent on pressure

I think when Famous **** see's man....he will 4 out of 5 times put it up in the air and have his receivers make a spectacular grab. He has been doing that all year. Some of the passes are perfectly thrown, others the receivers bail him out with great plays but if you go back thru the heights, there is never a man over top on those plays, its one on one. I think we need to keep someone over the top to take that option away from him and hopefully he gets frustrated and makes a mistake.

So the question is do you man up on the outside and try and let your CB's take the WR's out of the game or do you play more Zone?

Advertisement
we might be the best secondary he has faced all year im curious to see how he performs against us

maybe not the best, but surely the most athletic..thats why artie is getting playing time...you want guys playing that dont know the pressure of this game...they just go out there and play hard and ****y...we will get burned but its how we bounce back e.g UNC and GT games...burn me once okay I would give my left nut for an early pic or couple of sacks on this guy...lets make him sweat...

Winston has been deadly against the blitz. Coach D takes a lot of heat because his defense philosophy and that on the board don't align. He believes in keep in everything in front, doesn't care about status just points allowed. He wants to Get pressure with a 4 man rush, come down from the second level and tackle. Problem is that in our 2-down DL group we have no true pass rushers. Their offense can sustain drives but they are use to getting big plays. And just like with Stephen Morris you have to force him to be patient and wait for him to take the bait. Hopefully we can do this.

NO teams are getting to Him up the middle...and we like zero sacks up the middle from DTs.....if we take away his lanes that will help..he has had 7 on 7 throwing lanes all year..BC was the only team that threw people up the middle at him...not sure how we do that..porter and company have been great against the run but non existent on pressure

His Off Tackles don't move well laterally and going inside of them seem to be how most teams get their pressure on him.. Middle guys are pretty good.

They are doing a lot of what we made fun of them for years ago. The jump ball offense has been working really well for them. Plays will be there to be made for our secondary. Can they make them?

Advertisement
Back