Jameis Winston

Winston has been deadly against the blitz. Coach D takes a lot of heat because his defense philosophy and that on the board don't align. He believes in keep in everything in front, doesn't care about status just points allowed. He wants to Get pressure with a 4 man rush, come down from the second level and tackle. Problem is that in our 2-down DL group we have no true pass rushers. Their offense can sustain drives but they are use to getting big plays. And just like with Stephen Morris you have to force him to be patient and wait for him to take the bait. Hopefully we can do this.

He will.. because of the hype and if you watch film that's his M-O..

Advertisement
we might be the best secondary he has faced all year im curious to see how he performs against us

maybe not the best, but surely the most athletic..thats why artie is getting playing time...you want guys playing that dont know the pressure of this game...they just go out there and play hard and ****y...we will get burned but its how we bounce back e.g UNC and GT games...burn me once okay I would give my left nut for an early pic or couple of sacks on this guy...lets make him sweat...

Artie has been in position to makes picks several times this year. But he has miss judged the ball in the air. He is due and I expect him to finally put it together. With his speed if he can get his hands on the rock it should be dangerous. That would also give Chick or DP a chance to layout Winston legally in the open field.

The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

Very true, very true. Not to mention his WRs are going to break routes and get open. The TE, who I don't think is special, is able to benefit from these WRs being pretty darn good.

Greene: 39 for 690 8 TDs
Shaw: 31 for 574 3 TDs
Benjamin: 23 for 430 5 TDs

O'Leary (TE): 17 for 307 6 TDs

So the question is do you man up on the outside and try and let your CB's take the WR's out of the game or do you play more Zone?

First, I am not football scientist. So my post is just a guess.

Second, this QB is incredibly accurate. A zone may be too easy for him. Then again, man to man may be too difficult for us. Just for argument sake, let's say we do the following (this is just an example of matching up in man to man):

Greene v. Crawford
Shaw v. Howard
Benjamin v. Gunter

The three CBs above have shown the ability to blanket at WR and play well. I want Gunter on Benjamin, because Gunter is the most physical. I want Crawford on Greene because I believe Greene is their fastest WR. I think Howard will take his man out of the game.

Third: Are we going to get pressure? Is Rodgers healthy because we will need him out there at safety?

That may work above (man to man) but we will need Jenkins and Rodgers to play pretty good as well. In the end, I am more concerned with getting pressure from our front 4. We must get pressure regardless of a zone or man to man.

The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

Very true, very true. Not to mention his WRs are going to break routes and get open. The TE, who I don't think is special, is able to benefit from these WRs being pretty darn good.

Greene: 39 for 690 8 TDs
Shaw: 31 for 574 3 TDs
Benjamin: 23 for 430 5 TDs

O'Leary (TE): 17 for 307 6 TDs

So the question is do you man up on the outside and try and let your CB's take the WR's out of the game or do you play more Zone?

First, I am not football scientist. So my post is just a guess.

Second, this QB is incredibly accurate. A zone may be too easy for him. Then again, man to man may be too difficult for us. Just for argument sake, let's say we do the following (this is just an example of matching up in man to man):

Greene v. Crawford
Shaw v. Howard
Benjamin v. Gunter

The three CBs above have shown the ability to blanket at WR and play well. I want Gunter on Benjamin, because Gunter is the most physical. I want Crawford on Greene because I believe Greene is their fastest WR. I think Howard will take his man out of the game.

Third: Are we going to get pressure? Is Rodgers healthy because we will need him out there at safety?

That may work above (man to man) but we will need Jenkins and Rodgers to play pretty good as well. In the end, I am more concerned with getting pressure from our front 4. We must get pressure regardless of a zone or man to man.

I would say watch a game of their then you will know.. check youtube for Clemson and B.c game guys does a great job cutting up videos and watch their offense then determine which one.

We will do what we do. Down and distance will determine who is on the field. I think the overall key to stopping them will be our Safety play. We need those guys to give help over the top when it calls for it, we will need one of them to stop O'leary at times and we will certainly need them in the run support. I would like to see our DL get back to putting their hands up like we were at the beginning of the year. We started out the year with guys sticking their hands up like mad, now they are all dropping them trying to beat their man for the sack. If we can disrupt the QB with some batted passes it will go along way to slowing down the dink and dunk stuff as well.

I totally agree with the guys that say we need to force him to take the underneath stuff, because he loves the long ball and will go for it. When you have had that much success with it, its hard to go away from. Just ask our QB.

I cannot wait for this game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
We will do what we do. Down and distance will determine who is on the field. I think the overall key to stopping them will be our Safety play. We need those guys to give help over the top when it calls for it, we will need one of them to stop O'leary at times and we will certainly need them in the run support. I would like to see our DL get back to putting their hands up like we were at the beginning of the year. We started out the year with guys sticking their hands up like mad, now they are all dropping them trying to beat their man for the sack. If we can disrupt the QB with some batted passes it will go along way to slowing down the dink and dunk stuff as well.

I totally agree with the guys that say we need to force him to take the underneath stuff, because he loves the long ball and will go for it. When you have had that much success with it, its hard to go away from. Just ask our QB.

I cannot wait for this game!!!!!!!

I feel the same way.

I would say watch a game of their then you will know.. check youtube for Clemson and B.c game guys does a great job cutting up videos and watch their offense then determine which one.

I watched the Clemson and BC game.

I don't think either of those teams gave anyone a blue print of how to stop Jemima. He went off in those games.

I don't think either of those teams gave anyone a blue print of how to stop Jemima. He went off in those games.

But did you watch the game.. If I get blitzed the whole game I would go off, but are you watching what was said at the first page to start thread. Plus do you see the whole game or stats...seriously...

Advertisement

My issue in the BC game was their inability to capitalize on big opportunities on offense. My other issue was that TD they let up before the half, that was bad.

Clemson, no comment.

My issue in the BC game was their inability to capitalize on big opportunities on offense. My other issue was that TD they let up before the half, that was bad.

Clemson, no comment.

Clemson no comment.. You acted like Clemson didn't make stops at the beginning and turn Winston over.. Clemson's offense let them down when they gave them oppurtunities in the first two quarters.

Nobody has really slowed him down. I like your match-ups with our CB's on their WR's and agree this game likely comes down to getting some pressure out of the front 4 and with some timely blitzes. Winston has been very accurate but it also seems his WR's are wide open, we need to make him throw into tighter windows and keep Green in front of us.

Clemson, no comment.

Clemson no comment.. You acted like Clemson didn't make stops at the beginning and turn Winston over.. Clemson's offense let them down when they gave them oppurtunities in the first two quarters.

F$U went up and down the field on Clemson early in that game. Beasley got a little pressure, but we don't have a rusher like Beasley IMO. I love McCord but he's not as explosive as Beasley off the edge.

If we can contain their running game and make them more 1 dimensional we have a good shot.

Advertisement

Clemson, no comment.

FSU had 6 drives in the first half. They scored on 4 of them. They scored on the first two drives and their offense scored 20 points in the first half. I didn't think they slowed them down that much.

Man, he's a college kid, it's not like we're going up against Tom Brady. Just play solid defense, and don't buy the hype. This ESPN bull**** machine is too funny.

FSU didn't do anything to Clemson that West Virginia didn't do to them a couple years ago. And then Geno smith was the rage. He came back to earth, and so will ****.

Just play solid football.

Man, he's a college kid, it's not like we're going up against Tom Brady. Just play solid defense, and don't buy the hype. This ESPN bull**** machine is too funny.

FSU didn't do anything to Clemson that West Virginia didn't do to them a couple years ago. And then Geno smith was the rage. He came back to earth, and so will ****.

Just play solid football.

+1

Advertisement
the kid has talent no doubt but the networks are making this kid to be the best ever

he is this years clowney, making him out to be the best that ever was

Nobody has really slowed him down. I like your match-ups with our CB's on their WR's and agree this game likely comes down to getting some pressure out of the front 4 and with some timely blitzes. Winston has been very accurate but it also seems his WR's are wide open, we need to make him throw into tighter windows and keep Green in front of us.

No one's a bigger homer than me, but we haven't exactly looked great covering receivers the last 2 games. QBs and receivers that are not on Jemima and fsu's levels.

I would love to see Crawford, Gunter, Howard, Burns and Jenkins on the field most of the game.

Advertisement
Back