Jalen Rivers

We cant keep plugging freshmen into the starting OL and expecting different results. We need developed young men...not green teenagers.

So very hard for people to understand.

The bell curve of OL athletes have tough time competing until Y2/Y3 of their college careers.

I'll probably have lots of egg on my face, how many OLs come out "early" for NFL draft?

Advertisement
Miami needs to find 5 "KJ Osborne*" like contributors to play OL via portal transfers.

*Has now set Miami standard for quality of impact as transfer portal add

Last edited:
We need to hit the Portal for a Grad Transfer OT & sit Zion on the bench, he should be redshirted & allowed to physically develop. He wasn't ready to start this season & I highly doubt he will be next year either.

He's the biggest liability on the line, everyone focuses on Donaldson but Zion has the worst film of any of the OL's who started all year, he got beat so bad in just about every game it was **** near child abuse.

Herbert should never play another snap at this program, he's not depth, he can't block & is dead weight, should've found a replacement for him in this class, but unfortunately Botch Berry is a shít recruiter.

The starting 5 should be:

LT - Grad Transfer
LG - Jakai Clark
C - Corey Gaynor
RG - John Campbell
RT - Delone Scaife

Advertisement
We NEED to shuffle our most solid lineman dj scaife to left tackle and have him fortify that position. Nelson is not the answer there but he can compete with Jalen rivers and others at right tackle which is easier to play for a younger lineman than left

Just because you shift him doesn't fortify the position. We tried that two years ago with Tyree St. Louis and it didn't work. We should've left him at RT and schemed around the weakness at LT.

Advertisement
Just because you shift him doesn't fortify the position. We tried that two years ago with Tyree St. Louis and it didn't work. We should've left him at RT and schemed around the weakness at LT.
As far as I’m concerned, nelson shouldn’t be an option at left tackle so someone had to fill it..

Unfortunately, kids like this digress once they get corched up here. More often than not.

This kid is elite. Mark my words. He will start next fall. He would’ve started this year.
I have marked these words. Taken a screen shot. No excuses like dumb coaches. All variables considered and Rivers starts day one. Done. Good luck.

This kid is elite. Mark my words. He will start next fall. He would’ve started this year.

Just “starting” as a freshman isn’t good enough. Especially when talking about our online struggles. If he’s going to start as a freshman I need that Freshman who started at UGA on the line, Thomas kinda flow..

Advertisement
Not ideal to start Freshman on an OL. But it can be done. Evan Neal is starting for Bama.

Evan Neal was also a 5 star man-child being coached up by the best. Big diff. We are t developing line we use to..

Nelson needs to move inside. That's where he belongs. He's too slow off the snap, like turtle slow. He's good when engaged but half the time he doesn't get there in time. I think he would be a great guard.
Nelson needs to move to the bench, I see Rivers starting and holding his own, we need to get some real help from the portal, but I seriously doubt our coaches can evaluate OL who can actually help us.

Advertisement
We need to hit the Portal for a Grad Transfer OT & sit Zion on the bench, he should be redshirted & allowed to physically develop. He wasn't ready to start this season & I highly doubt he will be next year either.

He's the biggest liability on the line, everyone focuses on Donaldson but Zion has the worst film of any of the OL's who started all year, he got beat so bad in just about every game it was **** near child abuse.

Herbert should never play another snap at this program, he's not depth, he can't block & is dead weight, should've found a replacement for him in this class, but unfortunately Botch Berry is a shít recruiter.

The starting 5 should be:

LT - Grad Transfer
LG - Jakai Clark
C - Corey Gaynor
RG - John Campbell
RT - Delone Scaife

Replace ALL of them with JUCO transfers.

Midgets, people with broken legs, the blind.

ANYONE, I mean 90 yr old grandmas, have to be able to be a better OL than what Miami fielded this past season.

I have marked these words. Taken a screen shot. No excuses like dumb coaches. All variables considered and Rivers starts day one. Done. Good luck.
No excuses. Rivers has the largest wingspan of any OT to EVER play at UM. He has NFL size now. He doesn't ned to put on 40lbs of crap weight like Zion to be 280lbs and slow. He's bigger than Zion will ever be and 100X the athlete.

He is a Top 5 offensive lineman for Miami right now. If he isn't a starter by game one, I'm questioning my eyetest. Our OL is currently so bad, I see no reason why this guy can't immediately slot in at a help spot on the line.

Zion Nelson was so bad last year that he actively took Navaughn Donaldson with him. Yeah, Donaldson is fat and slow, but he was responsible for Zion's assignments all year and it actively took him down a few pegs, especially in passing downs.

Jakai Clark, too, needed a bit of handholding, but wasn't nearly the liability, partly because he he played inside...but any time he got isolated, he was toast, too.

I don't see a guy that needs his hand held in Rivers and I see a guy that is more physically ready than both of those freshman. I think his senior film is better anything I've seen from at least 3 out of 5 lineman ever in their careers. He should play immediately and I think he can be pretty good.

The real problem with this class is there isn't two more Jalen Rivers coming and it easily should have included that.

Lol y’all wild if you think Zion won’t be the LT next year. He looked awful at times last year and stayed all season..

Advertisement
Back