Jalen Rivers commits to Miami

Advertisement
Jacksonville is definitely becoming a strong area for us, but more specifically, we are low key developing a mini pipeline at Oakleaf, which before Hartley, was heavy UF territory. It is one of the better football programs here in the Jacksonville area. They have very good coaching and football is a huge deal. The coaches put a high focus on "high character" which is why guys like Shaq and Darion Owens were able to make easy transitions to the college world. Their maturity level was/is of the charts!

Also, we don't just get players from Oakleaf, we pluck their best players. Darion was the best player on this team and so was Shaq, and as for Shaq's class, they had 8 players to receive football scholarships. Rivers is without question the best player, not just on his team, but one can make the argument that he is the best player in the entire city. I look forward to going to his games during his senior year, now that he is committed.

Same here @reg, hopefully he does keep his word and truly shuts it down. What a pickup for Miami!!! Kid is bright, intelligent, and a powerhouse of an OL. Don’t care where we put him on the line, just plug him in and watch what happens!!! Oakleaf definitely becoming a nice feeder school for the U. Thinking Sandalwood as well. Then there’s Mallory from Providence. Miami really making huge inroads up here in North Florida, and I love it!!! See ya at the games mate!!!

Huge huge pick up!

He's big strong smart & athletic lineman, his natural strength stand out & he can move really well for a kid his size.

What I love most about his game is he gets to the 2nd level of the Defense & FINISHES. He's not getting bullied by anybody, if you beat him off the line it will have to be because you're just faster, but if he gets his hands on you, it's a wrap.
Make no mistake about it, he's got NFL upside, with proper development in the S&C program this kid can be big time.

I think he can play Guard or RT, once he gets on campus he'll probably be given a shot to play both. Coach Barry has coached players his size at Tackle, guys like Donovan Smith with Tampa Bay.

Rivers reminds me of Daryl Wiliams out of Oklahoma, similar size & ability coming out HS.

Welcome To The U!!!

Advertisement
Great call Liberty, would absolutely love for Rivers to play UP to his potential and destroy DL as he works his way to the 2nd level and manhandles LB’s and CB’s. Man if Barry is what I think he is by the time the season is underway Miami’s OL is going to play so far light years ahead of the past 10+ years we will have thought we were watching another team’s line. They’re going to round into that good of a unit.

Advertisement
Probably from people that dont cover him. People like Ivins & Wiltfong CB'd him long ago.
I'm going to check with my former Old Testament prophecy guy to see if he has any predictions for this guy's commitment. Right now I'm feeling optimistic...I'll let you know if I here anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back