Jalen Rivers commits to Miami

Advertisement
Jacksonville is definitely becoming a strong area for us, but more specifically, we are low key developing a mini pipeline at Oakleaf, which before Hartley, was heavy UF territory. It is one of the better football programs here in the Jacksonville area. They have very good coaching and football is a huge deal. The coaches put a high focus on "high character" which is why guys like Shaq and Darion Owens were able to make easy transitions to the college world. Their maturity level was/is of the charts!

Also, we don't just get players from Oakleaf, we pluck their best players. Darion was the best player on this team and so was Shaq, and as for Shaq's class, they had 8 players to receive football scholarships Rivers is without question the best player, not just on his team, but one can make the argument that he is the best player in the entire city. I look forward to going to his games during his senior year, now that he is committed.
Moved to Jacksonville about 2 years ago. Because of work I haven't been to many hs games but sandalwood and fletcher have several really good players and a few others that are close to P5 ball. I'll have more time this fall to get to games and I'll be wearing Miami colors. We continue to pull from Duval and it would be a huge push forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Moved the Jacksonville about 2 years ago. Because of work I haven't been to many hs games but sandalwood and fletcher have several really good players and a few others that are close to P5 ball. I'll have more time this fall to get to games and I'll be wearing Miami colors. We continue to pull from Duval and it would be a huge push forward.
There are a few solid programs here, with Sandalwood and Fletcher being amongst the group. Also, there's Raines, Ribault, First Coast, Trinity, Bolles, Oakleaf, Fleming Island, and Bishop Kenny,.......just to name a few.

I would love to land either one of those guys. Unfortunately, they are both long shots. It will be a miracle if Dumervil even OV’s here. As for Walker, I believe we are trailing LSU, AUB, Turds and even USCe. If Baga or Clemson ever offer him he will flip to them shortly there after.
I just wanna see how Miami can look with Van Dyke, Lo, Cam, Chaney, explosive WRs, with that type of OL of Rivers, Denis, Walker, Dumervil and Smith added . We can wish right? Lol

Advertisement
Walker and Dumervil.
To clarify my statement im ecstatic with the pick up especially since it was given no chance of happening earlier in the process.

BUT and this is the big one we always have our better prospects as guards and then wing it on the tackles. Forcing us to play guards at tackle.

Once again love the addition and see instant upgrade of depth but where are the tackles?

Advertisement
To clarify my statement im ecstatic with the pick up especially since it was given no chance of happening earlier in the process.

BUT and this is the big one we always have our better prospects as guards and then wing it on the tackles. Forcing us to play guards at tackle.

Once again love the addition and see instant upgrade of depth but where are the tackles?
Adam the kid from nyc I cant spell his last name but he’s going to RS this season. Then we still have to go hard for Walker, Dumervil, and McLaughlin.

Advertisement
Adam the kid from nyc I cant spell his last name but he’s going to RS this season. Then we still have to go hard for Walker, Dumervil, and McLaughlin.

Get one of those three and I'd be happy. Hopefully, we also have a decent chance at Mincey and/or Rankin.

Advertisement
Back