Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Hurts was replaced in the national championship game. He’s 26-2 as a starter and has won playoff games. Has Malik even scored a touchdown in a bowl game?

Replaced period! Don’t just use the national championship. This is a slightly more talented version of Malik. This is not what Manny talked about in his vision for our new offensive philosophy.

Advertisement
Exactly, but it's unlikely we land all three. Doubt Plumlee will sit for 3 years and be fine with that. QBs are transferring now days for having to sit 1 year.
True, you have to sell Plumlee on a five year plan (worst case scenario). That's being honest with him during the recruiting process. If he's better than Martell, he's starting in 2020.

Bro...yea we do....bring ALL the heat ...

Anybody...anyytime....anywhere...

Back to our ROOTS...

Believe me, we were innovators when we were rocking the Nike jerseys. Now it's UltraBoosy, NMD, and Yeezys only. AdidasBoyz for life 👌

Advertisement
Replaced period! Don’t just use the national championship. This is a slightly more talented version of Malik. This is not what Manny talked about in his vision for our new offensive philosophy.

So you think Malik could've played at Alabama? This is what you're saying by saying "slightly more talented". Hurts won SEC offensive player of the year. So maybe Malik doesn't win that but you think Rosier could've started at Alabama.

Quick side note before my two cents... N'Kosi Perry at EMCC would be must see TV.

That said, Jalen Hurts has demonstrated incredible integrity and loyalty to his teammates/program, two qualities UM could use on the offensive side of the house. He's not the most gifted QB of all-time, but given the fact that we haven't had a winner in the QB room for nearly two decades this would be a huge get for the program. Not to mention he would likely accelerate the process of getting other players to "buy in" to what Enos is going to change.

For those of you too impatient and short-sighted to see what Manny is up to. I hope you can wake the f**k up, because you're missing what should be an exciting time for all of us.

I’d be thrilled to have Hurts here to compete with Jarren. He’s an upgrade over Rosier in every way, albeit it will be interesting to see how he does with this OL and not Bama’s. I’m just echoing SF that many are saying it’s “no risk” and it actually could end up getting hairy in 2020. Maybe we’re at a point where we have to do something for 2019 and worry about 2020 when it gets here. I haven’t seen Jarren on Greentree so hard for me to opine there. But - there’s some potential risk there.

Yeah I'm with you but to say there's no competition is false. We should land him.

Comes down to who he is more comfortable with--Locksley or Enos? Enos didn't bench him. That decision was made by the HC and the OC.

Advertisement
True, you have to sell Plumlee on a five year plan (worst case scenario). That's being honest with him during the recruiting process. If he's better than Martell, he's starting in 2020.

I don't think he's better than Martell. They have the same running capability but I give Tate the edge with arm talent.

Advertisement
So you think Malik could've played at Alabama? This is what you're saying by saying "slightly more talented". Hurts won SEC offensive player of the year. So maybe Malik doesn't win that but you think Rosier could've started at Alabama.

What I am saying is the guy can run but can’t throw for ****. If that’s what you want AGAIN next year then congratulations.

So? He's meh.

I'd rather see Enos try and develop Jarren Williams

I think he can do both and that would give Williams three more years and he would only stay 2 of the three. Williams will play a lot next year, even if Hurts starts. Look for Perry to transfer, as Williams is similar to Hurts.

What I am saying is the guy can run but can’t throw for ****. If that’s what you want AGAIN next year then congratulations.

That isn't what you said. You pretty much said the difference between Rosier and Hurts is a couple points in the create-a-player feature on Madden. Hurts threw the ball well this year in limited snaps which is a credit to the new OC.

Advertisement
people forget malik was a very low rated prospect. more of an add-on because we already had kaaya in that class. malik actually came because he could also play baseball. in fact if you would have told me at that time he would have ended up being a two year starter here i would have said no fing way.

Advertisement
Back