Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Advertisement
I never thought very much of Jalen Hurts at Alabama but would love to see him come here for 2019.

* He'll bring maturity and the Alabama work-ethic to our offense.
* He won't have to learn a new system so he'll be the easiest to "plug and play." Thats a big-*** deal given that we open with UF.
* His leadership will help Jarren Williams which will pay dividends in 2020 - 2022.
Hopefully jarren doesn't dip. I mean If he feels like he didn't get a fair shot at starting last season, how is he gonna feel when the new OC brings his QB with him? Granted, hurts is the best QB the minute he steps in the room but still, let us hope Williams sees the whole picture.

How about get them both in here and let them compete? I don't think much of Hurts' either, but Im all for bringing him in, not promising him **** and letting the QB's compete. Can't hurt anyone.

I think that's being naive. IF Hurts comes, there's certainly an expectation that he's going to be the starter. I'm not against bringing him in, but we definitely need to plan for the highly likely scenario that if Hurts is our starting QB, the only othe scholarship QB on the roster will be Cade Weldon (if we're lucky enough that he doesn't so something to be kicked off). And then heading into 2020, it'll only be Cade and another QB that's not currently on our team.

Might be too early, but Enos + Hurts + DJDallas/Lingard/Davis + Pope/Hightower/Osborne + an offensive system which takes into account our OL is defficient... we should be way better than the 2017 season in which we went 10 games undefeated.

Advertisement
We simply have to be the front runner for Hurts now with Enos onboard and this visit coming so soon after his announcement.

Let's not overthink this.

It's us or MD. MD has his former OC as HC and we have his former QBC as his OC. Both QB positions are up for grabs.,

They should put on a show for him as soon as he steps on Campus.
Have a bunch a fans with signs, students diving into the pool and other crazy festival type stuff like when Game Day was on Campus

Kosi can get him hooked up.

Advertisement
I could see Martell transferring. If Williams was smart, he'd stay, learn the system, then compete for the job next year. If he transfers, he can't play for a year, and he won't necessarily have the starting job. I'd stay and compete, and if Martell comes, and he doesn't win the job, then transfer.

Where is this reported? I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

But yes, go on with your pointless debate about QBs we don't have...

Advertisement
Have a bunch a fans with signs, students diving into the pool and other crazy festival type stuff like when Game Day was on Campus
Nah hit him IMMEDIATELY with that Jesus Shuttlesworth “Tech U” treatment. He’s already won cause he’s not in butt **** Alabama

Nah hit him IMMEDIATELY with that Jesus Shuttlesworth “Tech U” treatment. He’s already won cause he’s not in butt **** Alabama

Advertisement
I think that's being naive. IF Hurts comes, there's certainly an expectation that he's going to be the starter. I'm not against bringing him in, but we definitely need to plan for the highly likely scenario that if Hurts is our starting QB, the only othe scholarship QB on the roster will be Cade Weldon (if we're lucky enough that he doesn't so something to be kicked off). And then heading into 2020, it'll only be Cade and another QB that's not currently on our team.

This. It’s not the no-risk play that some suggest it is. Jarren’s apparently flaky and the other two seem destined for Last Chance U. As long as we have a contingency plan, great.

Advertisement
Back