Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Advertisement
Lets just hope for announcement from one of them soon, cause it seems like everyone is getting on edge already.. like always.

I understand OU has been in the playoffs the last two years, I also understand they lost both games they played in the playoffs due to not having a defense. I know we went 7-6 last year, but I just see Oklahoma as having already hit their ceiling where as we have an easy path to the ACCCG and Jalen can display his talents against Clemson and play in a offense that he is already comfortable with and that more resembles what NFL offenses look like. I know everyone was wanting spread, but I think Enos runs more of a modern NFL offense then what the "spread" is.

I understand OU has been in the playoffs the last two years, I also understand they lost both games they played in the playoffs due to not having a defense. I know we went 7-6 last year, but I just see Oklahoma as having already hit their ceiling where as we have an easy path to the ACCCG and Jalen can display his talents against Clemson and play in a offense that he is already comfortable with and that more resembles what NFL offenses look like. I know everyone was wanting spread, but I think Enos runs more of a modern NFL offense then what the "spread" is.

Serious question, does Enos run the same offense as Locksley? Keep hearing Jalen would be in same offense but not sure if that is an assumption because Enos was the QB coach or if he does actually run same offense.

Hurts has to decide:

Go play for the best offense in the nation and get a chance to face**** Nick Saban in the 2019 playoffs or
Play for some guy in Miami and finish his career in the 2019 Gasparilla Bowl against Tulsa

depends on what his goals are. If he is interested in the revenge tour then sure, OU probably gives him the best crack at that. But I thought I recall that Hurts is more interested in getting NFL ready which may also mean continue working with the same coach who was able to polish him up while he was at Alabama. From what I understand, Hurts is a pretty mature kid so is looking more long term than just having a chance to stick it to his former head coach.

Advertisement
Serious question, does Enos run the same offense as Locksley? Keep hearing Jalen would be in same offense but not sure if that is an assumption because Enos was the QB coach or if he does actually run same offense.
That is a great question, I'm not sure, but I would believe they are more similar than what is run at Oklahoma. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:
So in the end there are many reasons to choose each school and the decision he makes will come down to what he prioritizes, not what we or any other fans think is important. Just like in every other recruiting situation.

Sorry, I meant to post 55 pages ago so we could close this thread but I was busy.

Hurts has to decide:

Go play for the best offense in the nation and get a chance to face**** Nick Saban in the 2019 playoffs or
Play for some guy in Miami and finish his career in the 2019 Gasparilla Bowl against Tulsa

tenor.gif

There was a article today on Wisconsin being the perfect choice for Jalen. And we know Oklahoma has a great chance. We have Enos our only chance. Toss up at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think that question was addressed in another thread or 2 (**** I can't keep track) but basically, Enos was involved in the game planning and play calling to an extent. That being said, what I was impressed with was his statements in a couple of interviews where he said that he has a basic philosophy on his offense but adapts his play calling based on available personnel and what they do best.

\
I think the benefit of Enos with Hurts is he already knows his strengths and weaknesses. And Enos has said he tailors his offense around his personnel. Locksley was the play caller. I guess you have to think he knows what kinds of plays work best with Hurts skills. I think that in this situation, Enos has to have the edge given he can not only devise the offensive scheme, call the plays but he can work with the talent.

Advertisement
I think that question was addressed in another thread or 2 (**** I can't keep track) but basically, Enos was involved in the game planning and play calling to an extent. That being said, what I was impressed with was his statements in a couple of interviews where he said that he has a basic philosophy on his offense but adapts his play calling based on available personnel and what they do best.

Yeah I saw that and if you look at his track record it shows that he isn’t this rigid coach that won’t change to suit personnel. That and the fact that he will gameplan to take advantage of opponents flaws, what a novel concept.

From a, “I want to play in the NFL” standpoint, OU would EASILY be his best option for a few reasons:
* Lincoln Riley’s QB development
* OU’s offense showcases the QB
* Big 12 defenses are terrible against the pass
* Back to Back Heisman winners (both QB’s)

IMO
The one benefit we have from OU is, those guys all sat out a year and played. Two for Murray. Hurts will be there just one spring and they have a 5 star breathing down his neck. Not sure its the best situation for him. Miami and Maryland might be better fits

Advertisement
Hurts has to decide:

How is Oklahoma going to face**** Nick Saban after losing their entire offensive line and a heisman winning quarterback? Did they suddenly learn how to play defense in Norman?

OU is a nice top 10 team that has reached its ceiling. Miami has way more upside.

Advertisement
Back