Jalen Harrell decommits from FSU

Reminds me a little of Branch...A little thicker. He's not used the same (towards the end of the tape they line him couple times in the box like Branch, but he's more a deep safety coming forward in most of the clips) Actually a little like Javier Morton too

I think Branch would have a better chance to be a corner here. But I think Harrell is a take as well...Like him better than K.Washington as a safety, although there's been some good Washington senior season reports as well? I think either could end up at striker too. Would surprise me if Harrell plays corner here, but **** give him a shot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he ran an 11.76--100m as a freshman in the district championships there is little reason to doubt he is at least 11.3--100m now as a senior. Recall, Redwine's best 100m in high school was 11.30 as a senior and he did OK as a safety.

I still have speed concerns, but here's one difference:

Jalen Harrell: 6'2, 182
Justin Hodges: 6'1, 155

Harrell also has a 78'5 wingspan and seemed naturally broader/bigger based on the eye test when I saw them in person.

Like Hodges better as a corner...Harrell obviously a lot bigger and the more versatile prospect. Hodges would be corner only here, has the gumby like frame and movements

Last edited:
Advertisement
I posted on this back in August in the Official Offers threads 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/official-offers-are-out.149099/page-5

But Jalen transferring from Central to Champagnat opened the door for us to potentially flip him. He initially committed to FSU because the DB coach at Central was a heavy influence on him & played a big part in him committing to them. Getting him away from Central helped a lot.

We sent him his official offer back in August & Banda was supposed to be in contact with him back then, Idk if they've maintained contact but we definitely should be trying to get him down for a visit.

Jalen's dad is a Canes fan & I've heard he wants him to stay home, don't know if we'll even go after him but we would stupid not to.

He can play both CB & S, I like him better at Safety, but either just put the full court press on & land this kid.

Hodges ran this past season and recorded an 11.99 (12 second) 100m. He lacks long speed. Sometime the 40s can be iffy. But when the combine/comps 40s and HS track times coincide like his does show lack of overall speed.
Here is Hodges 11.99--100m from Mile Split--https://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/8645432/stats

Here is Harrel's time from Athletic net from his freshman year--11.76--100m and 24.82--200m

As a comparison Dee Wigging ran - He was an EE to the U so could not run in his senior year.
As a 9th grader ran an 11.89

As an 11th grader posted an 11.19--100m (HS national elite 10.80) and 22.31-200m (HS national elite 22.00)

that website says the time is from Harrell’s freshman year but also says it was in 2018. The 2018 track season took place in his sophomore year

Advertisement
I posted on this back in August in the Official Offers threads 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/official-offers-are-out.149099/page-5

But Jalen transferring from Central to Champagnat opened the door for us to potentially flip him. He initially committed to FSU because the DB coach at Central was a heavy influence on him & played a big part in him committing to them. Getting him away from Central helped a lot.

We sent him his official offer back in August & Banda was supposed to be in contact with him back then, Idk if they've maintained contact but we definitely should be trying to get him down for a visit.

Jalen's dad is a Canes fan & I've heard he wants him to stay home, don't know if we'll even go after him but we would stupid not to.

He can play both CB & S, I like him better at Safety, but either just put the full court press on & land this kid.
Good info LCE

1571162642898.png

"I’m told it was a mutual parting of the ways." per Chris Nee

Attachments

• 1571162632947.png
    1571162632947.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
that website says the time is from Harrell’s freshman year but also says it was in 2018. The 2018 track season took place in his sophomore year
True from the listings but 11.76 (Harrell) as a sophomore is still better than an 11.99(Hodges) as a senior. Two years and at those ages of development is usually a big drop in speed.
Also Sheldrick Redwine ran an 11.62--100m as a junior then posted an 11.30 as a senior in the one meet he ran in as a senior.

Reminds me of Gilbert Frierson to a tee. Same style of play pretty much the same size. Both played a little high in high school. Both look like better safety/striker prospects than corners. With those red uniforms they look even more alike. I think that’s a good comparison

Advertisement
Reminds me a little of Branch...A little thicker. He's not used the same (towards the end of the tape they line him couple times in the box like Branch, but he's more a deep safety coming forward in most of the clips) Actually a little like Javier Morton too

I think Branch would have a better chance to be a corner here. But I think Harrell is a take as well...Like him better than K.Washington as a safety, although there's been some good Washington senior season reports as well? I think either could end up at striker too. Would surprise me if Harrell plays corner here, but **** give him a shot.
I think Branch is more likely to stick at corner

LCE the real🔌.

You called it spot on.

Advertisement
Back