Jalen Harrell decommits from FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still have speed concerns, but here's one difference:

Jalen Harrell: 6'2, 182
Justin Hodges: 6'1, 155

Harrell also has a 78'5 wingspan and seemed naturally broader/bigger based on the eye test when I saw them in person.
Hodges is a stud has gotten a pick in almost every game does back flips super athletic and is no way in **** 155. don't know where this crazy unathletic narrative came from. Also a cousin of Al Blades with super long wingspan. He is under 4.7 in the 40 also.

Hodges is a stud has gotten a pick in almost every game does back flips super athletic and is no way in **** 155. don't know where this crazy unathletic narrative came from. Also a cousin of Al Blades with super long wingspan. He is under 4.7 in the 40 also.
Dude, even I can do a backflip

.....on a trampoline

Actually, no I can't

You saw it here first...

60654B80-0038-443C-BE3B-472227FDC792.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Meh, doesn't really jump off the screen. I can see why he is looking at the school he is. Don't see alot of athleticism either

Advertisement
Hodges best 100m track time was 11.99 done earlier this year in March 2019.
Harrell ran an 11.76 as a freshman--did not run after that.
Harrell is bigger and faster when compared to Hodges. One would imagine that 100m time of Harrell done as a freshman is faster than 11.76 now as a senior.
Hodges ran this past season and recorded an 11.99 (12 second) 100m. He lacks long speed. Sometime the 40s can be iffy. But when the combine/comps 40s and HS track times coincide like his does show lack of overall speed.
Here is Hodges 11.99--100m from Mile Split--https://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/8645432/stats

Here is Harrel's time from Athletic net from his freshman year--11.76--100m and 24.82--200m

As a comparison Dee Wigging ran - He was an EE to the U so could not run in his senior year.
As a 9th grader ran an 11.89

As an 11th grader posted an 11.19--100m (HS national elite 10.80) and 22.31-200m (HS national elite 22.00)

Last edited:
IMO He's a take ! Let me tell ya'll why....
(My recruiting strategy)

This is where we (Present Coaches) get caught at The University of Miami and fans in this thing of recruiting I like to call "The Recruitment Trapped"
Sometimes we get caught up on the height, speed, size, stars of the recruit but yet not look at our opposition as to who offered them.
CLEMSON, FSU, TENN (They may suck but they are great talent evaluators) UK, (stoops KNOWS DB'S). This kid has a nice offer list and had great defensive minded coaches that offered him . That alone should raise eyebrows and give this kid a solidifying offer if he was to accept it.

You have to check the boxes. Speed can be worked on in the off season if this is the issue to you? (TRUST ME IT WORKS, I HAD MY KIDS DO IT)
1.) He has the height at 6'2.
2). He plays at a great metropolitan high school known for talent .
3.) He has the grades to enroll early.
4.) It's a position of need so we can't be choosy
5.) He can also play Safety just by watching clips.
6.) Size Ready at 180
... these are some of the things that should play a major factor in every player we recruit. Like I say I never t coach at this level (almost though -True Story ) and I don't get paid the big bucks to do so but this would be my approach moving forward because the one we have in line now is not working. #DecommitMoreThanTheyCommitHere!

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back