Jalen Harrell decommits from FSU

Advertisement
Maybe I'm in the minority but I want Hodges, Harrell, and Branch. Figure out there positions when they get here.

That said, if Hodges was pushed out then I am okay with that.

Francois is gonna have to ki$$ some a$$ to be let back in. I know we aren't in the position to be turning down top talent but Diaz has to have a man to man talk with this kid. Hes good and all but he aint some elite, 5* talent for us to be put through all this.

Advertisement
DBs grow on trees down here. But every ****** cycle Rumph can’t seem to make his mind up.

He’s had 4 years to show something. He’s hasn’t landed anyone and his best development was Corn Elder and a 5th year DB from Texas.

Cane or not he sucks as a coach.

Miami may need to go back to the JJ days and convert HS safeties that have the requisite frame into LBs. If their abilities translate to average DB, we need to actually evaluate them and project if their skills translate to LB. You can find these athletes in Florida. Obviously if they are a freak athlete they stay at DB. We need LBs that are very athletic in today's spread offense dominated college football. That means increasing the speed of our DBs as well. We are average to slow in the back seven aside from Bubba and Hall.

Advertisement
Can't believe that is FSWho's first de-commitment for the 2020 cycle...that program is a dumpster fire.
Miami may need to go back to the JJ days and convert HS safeties that have the requisite frame into LBs. If their abilities translate to average DB, we need to actually evaluate them and project if their skills translate to LB. You can find these athletes in Florida. Obviously if they are a freak athlete they stay at DB. We need LBs that are very athletic in today's spread offense dominated college football. That means increasing the speed of our DBs as well. We are average to slow in the back seven aside from Bubba and Hall.
That’s what temple did with Hassan Reddick.

Why do so many on here seem to assume Harrell is now coming here?
No one is assuming anything.

He reopened his commitment & we're in it right now, doesn't mean we'll land him, just means we have a shot.

He supposed to be visiting some time soon & I know for a fact his Dad wants him to stay home, so we have more of a shot than you would assume we don't.

Again doesn't mean we get him, just means we have a shot.

DBs grow on trees down here. But every ****** cycle Rumph can’t seem to make his mind up.

He’s had 4 years to show something. He’s hasn’t landed anyone and his best development was Corn Elder and a 5th year DB from Texas.

Lol. This is diaz defense. I'm sure whoever the targets are have to be approved by diaz and baker.

Advertisement
LB will have speed next year with brooks, huff, cave, joyner, hopefully hyppolite and etc. Even mccloud is probably faster than shaq and mike.

Harrell is a safety all the way. Good speed not great but I'm more interested in what his cone drill, short shuttle and standing vertical are? That info will give a better idea of what he's capable of developing into physically after two years in our strength and conditioning program.

There is so much stupid in this post. Rumph certainly isn't batting .1000 but he 2 consensus 4-star corners in 2019 (Williams and Couch), 2 starting-caliber corners in 2018 (Blades and Ivey), 2 more 4 star corners in 2017(Bandy and Dean) and another kid who was well on his way to an NFL career in Young in 2016. That's a pretty good haul over 4 years.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm in the minority but I want Hodges, Harrell, and Branch. Figure out there positions when they get here.

That said, if Hodges was pushed out then I am okay with that.

Francois is gonna have to ki$$ some a$$ to be let back in. I know we aren't in the position to be turning down top talent but Diaz has to have a man to man talk with this kid. Hes good and all but he aint some elite, 5* talent for us to be put through all this.

We need to bring in full classes of speed every year and let the players sort it out.....when guys leave, we bring in more speed.

It's fine to take the occasional "football player" who lacks ideal physical skills for some positions, but you can't make a team of them or you'll end up being a middle of the road team.....which is what we are right now. 4.8 corners do not age well in most programs.

Washington working Francois to come back to Miami per Rivals interview

I would too if I was worried about being dropped.

What are Washington’s options?

Florida? No
FSU? No
Ohio St? No
Penn St? No
UGA, Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M? No, No, No, No, No

If Miami part ways he will end up at Purdue or Indiana type school and he knows it.

If Miami can get Harrell and say Brian George or Javier Morton. They will drop Washington in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Back