Jalen Duren

I can already see it coming. Wake up one day to a headline of: "In a move that shocks the basketball world, #1 prospect Jalen Duren reclassifies to 2021 and chooses to play college ball at M...........emphis"

Advertisement
Getting Duren would obviously be amazing for this program, BUT we better have some good backup plans in case we don't land him.

There is no back up plan to getting the #1 guy in the country. You think we're slow-playing #75 right now while we wait to hear? You'd take him too. The plan is he's not coming... if we get him, it's 2nd Christmas.

Advertisement
I can already see it coming. Wake up one day to a headline of: "In a move that shocks the basketball world, #1 prospect Jalen Duren reclassifies to 2021 and chooses to play college ball at M...........emphis"
most likely. Givony at ESPN said Memphis or Gleague. Penny beefing up his pitch.

What a head case Rasheed was -- at UNC and in the NBA. Doesn't he still hold NBA records for most Technical Fouls and most Ejections in one season?

Let's make no mistake about this situation.

With three consecutive losing season and two years left on his contract, Coach L needs Duren and Bates to reclassify and commit, play this season and win at a high level just to coach the final season on his contract.
Please don't even discuss an extension.

Missing on them both and losing this season all but guarantees Coach L will not coach at Miami for another season.

No coach at a Power 5 level can have 4 consecutive losing season and realistically coach a 5th season.

Advertisement
Let's make no mistake about this situation.

With three consecutive losing season and two years left on his contract, Coach L needs Duren and Bates to reclassify and commit, play this season and win at a high level just to coach the final season on his contract.
Please don't even discuss an extension.

Missing on them both and losing this season all but guarantees Coach L will not coach at Miami for another season.

No coach at a Power 5 level can have 4 consecutive losing season and realistically coach a 5th season.
Do you understand who our AD is? That guy will let him go another year for sure

Do you understand who our AD is? That guy will let him go another year for sure
I agree. They will let Coach L finish his contract. I'm not even certain if they'd have the stones to move on from him. I could see them giving him 2 more years if he got us to .500 in his final year.

D643D1B5-BFD2-49F1-8426-890461D3936B.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every time I read an expert's opinion of where Jalen's gonna go, they always say something like, "It could be Miami, but it could be Memphis, but some people think he's going to the G-League, and you know, you can never count out Kentucky."

Thanks guys, way to narrow it down.
I don't think anyone knows. It's all pure speculation.

Advertisement
Back