Jalen Duren

Advertisement
Interesting situation. Kofi ****burn entered the transfer portal after he did not get a NBA Combine invite. A lot of basketball media members think he ends up at Kentucky.

On the other hand, people think Memphis, especially with the addition of Larry Brown, has a real shot at signing Duren. Not a lot of professional buzz.

Aside from the DJ Irving conncetion, Coach L developed a relationship with Duren and his family long before the other options. Feel a bit optimistic if he goes the college route, but a potential gleague experience is tough to turn down for any future high level nba player.
****burn most likely ends up at UK and even if he doesn't it would be a bad look for Duren to go there with how loaded they are. Memphis and G league are arguably our biggest competition. G League is uncertain as Green probably goes #2 to the Rockets which helps their case but also the NIL and how active Miami Football is at least helps lessen the gap when it comes to getting paid. Memphis is tough to beat but if the guy we hired can really sell the case of PT with us and the ACC comp we have a solid chance to shock the world with Duren. If we get to see a duo of Duren/Wong and company make a tourney run and get drafted it should bode very well for the future of the program. If Duren doesn't come the program will likely stagnate as it has.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I swear, you'd think some alleged Miami "Fans" are actively rooting against the guy signing with Miami, because they are miserable jackasses. Let it play out and go from there.

If he doesn't sign get 2 bigs. I don't give a **** from where. Find me some Jekiri types: Willing defenders and rebounders that are athletic and are good with mopping up offensively.

First Earl going to Memphis and now Duren too? They also took Camden as a recruit. Disgraceful **** from our staff. Maybe by some magic we can swap with them and get Cisse as our big. Probably not let's just roll with Rodney and Waardenburg again despite them being terrible. Got my hopes up high for Duren too, and really thought we might have it considering L did not recruit anyone over 6'5" in the class or in the portal. We're gonna get squashed.

Advertisement
First Earl going to Memphis and now Duren too? They also took Camden as a recruit. Disgraceful **** from our staff. Maybe by some magic we can swap with them and get Cisse as our big. Probably not let's just roll with Rodney and Waardenburg again despite them being terrible. Got my hopes up high for Duren too, and really thought we might have it considering L did not recruit anyone over 6'5" in the class or in the portal. We're gonna get squashed.
We’re gonna be like baylor except we can’t shoot lmao pathetic

I swear, you'd think some alleged Miami "Fans" are actively rooting against the guy signing with Miami, because they are miserable jackasses. Let it play out and go from there.

If he doesn't sign get 2 bigs. I don't give a **** from where. Find me some Jekiri types: Willing defenders and rebounders that are athletic and are good with mopping up offensively.
We aren't actively rooting against anything, just tired of L trotting out Rodney Miller and Deng Gak and thinking that will do. The staff has had months to find a competent big in the portal and they haven't done squat. Not one. What makes you think they'll be able to sign 2 this late into it, let alone one?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol. Again, we got excited for no reason. The staff better have a good back up plan in place, because our current frontcourt is barely Low D1 quality.

In fairness, I didn't. I have seen this situation too many times to fall for it again.
Honestly, this is why I wanted to avoid the lame duck coach situation.

Outside of a transfer big and that is a very slim chance, the roster is now set.

Enjoy.

Lol. Again, we got excited for no reason. The staff better have a good back up plan in place, because our current frontcourt is barely Low D1 quality.
No one who has been following Canes basketball for any length of time had any reason to be excited over this story. Program needs an *****. In fact, the entire university needs one.

Interesting. Miami still looks to be in play and I mean if Kentucky gets ****burn its really just Memphis to beat.

With head coach Jim Larrañaga and assistant coach DJ Irving looking on, Duren posted four points and 12 rebounds in Team Final’s 63-48 victory over Crown Basketball at the Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest at Spooky Nook Sports on Saturday. Duren has developed a great rapport with Larranga’s staff, especially now with one of his former coaches from Roman Catholic (Pa.) in Irving having come on in April.

“I’ve been building a relationship with them over the last few years,” Duren said. “They offered me during my sophomore year and became one of my first couple offers. Honestly, it’s all love over there. They have a great program with a lot of older guys, which is great for college basketball, and a great system. It would be a great opportunity for me.”

During the nightcap, Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway and new assistant Larry Brown, who was hired on July 8, as well as Kentucky head coach John Calipari watched the talented forward and Team Final cruise to a 63-39 win over Jersey Force. Duren visited Memphis on June 23 and the addition of Brown is making the allure of the Tigers program even more enticing.

“The pro experience they have in Penny Hardaway and Larry Brown is tremendous,” Duren said. “And Cody Toppert helped develop Devin Booker into an All-Star [with the Suns]. Coach Brown is a Hall of Fame coach and the pro experience is a huge factor. I like what they have over there. Since Penny came over, they’ve been building and they’re on the rise.”

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/kentucky-wont-be-the-pick-for-kofi-****burn/

So much for ****burn to Kentucky. There's still a path for Duren to Kentucky.

Advertisement
Back