2023 Ja'Keem Jackson 4* 2023 CB

I’m happy we got McClain. It was a BIG boy move for sure.

But I’m not going to convince myself that all of a sudden we just have our pick of the litter on who we want to flip.
The larger fan base made this mistake when we had that first intial run of recruits. Was absolutely amazing but we started with the bluster and assumed anyone we want we get. Then thought the coaches were underperforming when we didn't beat out Georgia and Bama for out of state guys.

This class is special if they just continue to fill in the few missing pieces. Don't need to further destroy Florida for it to be considered great....but if it happens I'll take it.

Advertisement
Who expects Jackson to play early?

McClain will play. Porter will play. Graves, Harris, and Rodgers should play.
I think staff will give him the opportunity to see the field if he performs well in camp..but his disadvantage will be if he there in Sping or Summer... Ivey, Stevenson, Dunson (transfer?) will all be gone

I saw some safety/rover type highlights in Jackson's senior clips

Maybe that's a possibility here as well.

If you look at the roster for next season and disregard the Portal for now. We need atleast 1 DT who can play, another DE, and i would say atleast 1 big body WR who can beat man coverage consistently opposite Colbie, and a speedster at RB. Every other position i feel ok with. I assume they are gonna hit the portal hard for experience production to give some of the younger guys time to develop. Im talking bout needs where i see us deficient at if i count the commits.

Advertisement
If you look at the roster for next season and disregard the Portal for now. We need atleast 1 DT who can play, another DE, and i would say atleast 1 big body WR who can beat man coverage consistently opposite Colbie, and a speedster at RB. Every other position i feel ok with. I assume they are gonna hit the portal hard for experience production to give some of the younger guys time to develop. Im talking bout needs where i see us deficient at if i count the commits.
Also Need OL, Need corners, Need LB.

Graves was 17 when he enrolled. It would be almost criminal to throw him out there. Redshirt him.

Harris got abused because his safety left him out to dry. Let him Redshirt too.

This is why it’s funny when people look at a player being young for his class as an advantage. You always want to be as old as possible for your class. It might mean a player has more upside, but studies have shown it’s always advantageous to be older for your class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It looks like an eye

Like, a Total Recall/Mars eye?

1667331426773.png

This is why it’s funny when people look at a player being young for his class as an advantage. You always want to be as old as possible for your class. It might mean a player has more upside, but studies have shown it’s always advantageous to be older for your class.

Naw fam, to me being older is a disadvantage. Like when evaluating a 19yr old senior and seeing him dominate, you have to wonder if he is that more athletically gifted or is it because he is so more physically developed than his younger competition.

Willie Williams was a older HS Senior and was really dominate. Now he was physically gifted but was his performance enhanced because he was playing against younger guys? I think so

Give me the 16 year old senior who is holding his own against older players all day.

Naw fam, to me being older is a disadvantage. Like when evaluating a 19yr old senior and seeing him dominate, you have to wonder if he is that more athletically gifted or is it because he is so more physically developed than his younger competition.

Willie Williams was a older HS Senior and was really dominate. Now he was physically gifted but was his performance enhanced because he was playing against younger guys? I think so

Give me the 16 year old senior who is holding his own against older players all day.

It’s actually been researched pretty well.

It goes for academics as well. Older kids in a class gain more confidence, stick around in the sport longer, get selected for best teams and leagues etc. it’s just better for development.

There was a study of the NHL, and the vast majority of players were the oldest in their class, and it went down month to month in order of how old the kid was.

Advertisement
I’m probably in minority but I like this kid slightly more than Brown. Both are players and guys that can play here and I’d love to sign Brown obviously. I just like Jackson’s upside a bit more with him being pretty new to CB and that 10.9 100 time. Plus, would be lovely to take from UF again. I hope we sign them both.

I’m probably in minority but I like this kid slightly more than Brown. Both are players and guys that can play here and I’d love to sign Brown obviously. I just like Jackson’s upside a bit more with him being pretty new to CB and that 10.9 100 time. Plus, would be lovely to take from UF again. I hope we sign them both.
Brown has prototypical size and he is not slow and he from Heritage which is a plus. I would take both and call it a rap as i dont think we get Ricks. Would love to shocked again. Also remember we have Stafford and Money already. Thats good speed and size all over

Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

It’s actually been researched pretty well.

It goes for academics as well. Older kids in a class gain more confidence, stick around in the sport longer, get selected for best teams and leagues etc. it’s just better for development.

There was a study of the NHL, and the vast majority of players were the oldest in their class, and it went down month to month in order of how old the kid was.

I read this in a book but I can't remember which one. Seems like it was a motivational book or something discussing this and they highlighted the NHL among other sports.

Advertisement
Back