2023 Ja'Keem Jackson 4* 2023 CB

I read this in a book but I can't remember which one. Seems like it was a motivational book or something discussing this and they highlighted the NHL among other sports.
It was definitely a Malcolm Gladwell book, Outliers, maybe?

But the stat you're looking for is roughly 50% of NHL players were born before April 1st. That's primarily due to youth hockey being organized according to birth year and the kids who are lucky enough to be born earlier in the calendar year, are generally a little bigger, stronger, and mature than kids born later in the year. In turn, those kids end up making travel teams, getting access to better coaching, conditioning, nutrition plans, etc. and the success they have as 9 and 10 year old's leads higher levels of successful development.

My excuse for not making it to "the show" was always that I'm a November birthdate :6fps6:

Advertisement
I read this in a book but I can't remember which one. Seems like it was a motivational book or something discussing this and they highlighted the NHL among other sports.

Yup.

For example Graves is only 17 and young for his class so that's hindering his ability to get experience his first year? if he were an older 18 maybe he gets playing time. By the end of his junior year he has 2-3 years of experience instead of 1-2. He has a better junior year because he's more developed physically and mentality a gets the better draft position.

But the stat you're looking for is roughly 50% of NHL players were born before April 1st. That's primarily due to youth hockey being organized according to birth year and the kids who are lucky enough to be born earlier in the calendar year, are generally a little bigger, stronger, and mature than kids born later in the year. In turn, those kids end up making travel teams, getting access to better coaching, conditioning, nutrition plans, etc. and the success they have as 9 and 10 year old's leads higher levels of successful development.

My excuse for not making it to "the show" was always that I'm a November birthdate :6fps6:

That's the book

Exactly. Gladwell surmised the advantage is in the added ice and practice time for the kids born earlier in the year along with added maturation. Goes in line with the '10,000 hours' premise.

Advertisement

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

would have been nice to have him but i'll take damari brown and cormani as a cb class and still be ecstatic

Advertisement
Kid is a player. Him, Stafford, and Cormani is a nasty trio to go with last years group (not to mention Damari Brown). Hope we can close

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back