Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude we have lost just one recruit to another program this cycle and that was due to the player getting a massive payoff. You have to be joking or trolling to be disappointed with this recruiting class- especially after a 6-7 year.

We may also still have a few pleasant surprises in store.
Y’all are killing me with this. Where did I say I was disappointed with this class? I literally said I’m very pleased with this class. I’ve been thrilled most of whom we’ve landed.

But I’ll bow out if this one..... y’all got it

Advertisement
Why cant you guys just understand marshall and that hova guy played UM?

Because we have people that actually know what happened. Miami didn't get played - Marshall was going to commit to Miami, his head coach got in his ear to wait (as he was telling other recruits) because he wanted the kid at UF but they hadn't come up with the $$$, then the coach leaked the news of the surprise commit to Ivins who blew up his spot. More importantly it kicked UF and Bama into high gear to start bidding once they heard from their 247 contacts that he was about to commit to Miami. It worked, JM started getting the calls and he canceled his commitment. In the meantime there was a bidding war and UF offered so much that even Bama balked at the amount. UF was getting killed on the trail so it had to make a move. Personally I think their checks will bounce just as they did with Walker, who didn't get what he was promised.

I'm any event, thats not how I define getting played.

I agree but rumph has been here as a coach for five years. Patke is what, 2 or 3 max. Point is there both on the chopping block but Rumph first as rumph has been recruiting like **** for longer and if Patke doesn’t turn things around he’s next.
Rumph, is a good coach, but not a salesman and we need both. Probably, need more of a great salesman and ok coach.

Patke, should never have been hired for his position. He smacks of Richt Jr.

I know and understand that, my point is that if Garcia/Milroe end up here, excellent! I’m thrilled. But there’s no point in getting excited about the potential of it happening until they at least commit.
Talking up the possibility of recruits committing is what makes the board great. Otherwise, I can go about my day and read it in the Herald a couple days after the fact.

Advertisement
Because we have people that actually know what happened. Miami didn't get played - Marshall was going to commit to Miami, his head coach got in his ear to wait (as he was telling other recruits) because he wanted the kid at UF but they hadn't come up with the $$$, then the coach leaked the news of the surprise commit to Ivins who blew up his spot. More importantly it kicked UF and Bama into high gear to start bidding once they heard from their 247 contacts that he was about to commit to Miami. It worked, JM started getting the calls and he canceled his commitment. In the meantime there was a bidding war and UF offered so much that even Bama balked at the amount. UF was getting killed on the trail so it had to make a move. Personally I think their checks will bounce just as they did with Walker, who didn't get what he was promised.

FWIW, and it could be bull****, but one of the Miami ig accounts posted a screenshot where JM said Bama was his second choice, not UM. Sounds like he followed the South Florida build the bag playbook to the T and really was never coming here.

Edit - and that is not to lower excitement of who we do have or question what cribby and others said. JM was just another in a long line of South Florida punks who was born to a couple of South Florida punks.

FWIW, and it could be bull****, but one of the Miami ig accounts posted a screenshot where JM said Bama was his second choice, not UM. Sounds like he followed the South Florida build the bag playbook to the T and really was never coming here.

Edit - and that is not to lower excitement of who we do have or question what cribby and others said. JM was just another in a long line of South Florida punks who was born to a couple of South Florida punks.

Well yes since the bidding war after cancelled commitment was between UF and Bama it would make sense for him to say Bama got 2nd place. He's a saavy businessman and knows Bama might still try to raise the offer, especially if they miss on their other CB targets. As I said even before the whole shenanigans, even if he'd committed to Miami I think Bama would have made him a huge offer so chances that he'd stick were slim.

And BTW that's got nothing to do with Rumph either way, despite people wanting to put this on him.

We all know staff wasn’t going to stop recruiting him. But Garcia to the U is starting to pick up again. Being in GA and closer to Miami he feels a lot better about possibly flipping. The family HEs with in GA openly pushing him to Miami. He talks to Lashlee almost everyday. Our recruits also keep pushing him. Last big key is Lashlee has a great relationship with Probst.

From the USF insider who put in the CB:

“My Crystal Ball pick is from the same source that told me Garcia was going to transfer to Valdosta right before that news dropped a few weeks ago. That source is close to Garcia’s recruitment and has told me that Garcia hasn’t felt as comfortable as he does now with Miami due to proximity. It obviously would have been more difficult for him to take a visit to Miami while in California, considering the travel climate right now. Since he has been at Valdosta, his relationship with Miami Offensive Coordinator Rhett Lashlee has taken off and Lashlee’s ties with new Valdosta head coach Rush Propst has helped the situation.

Garcia’s family in Valdosta is pushing for Miami, according to this source. USC taking Meter Dei’s Miller Moss on June 1st didn’t help the situation, considering that Garcia wants to be the main guy moving forward. Source says that Garcia enjoys being closer to Miami because it’ll be much closer to take a visit. I have multiple sources telling me this as of last night. No timeline on the flip just yet, but I am confident it will happen”

Advertisement

Agree with all of this but once JM decided to switch, he played the game with Hova. That's how it appeared with his tweets and likes.

But then, if he went into silence and just announced for UF, it wouldn't of had any shock value.

Agree with all of this but once JM decided to switch, he played the game with Hova. That's how it appeared with his tweets and likes.

But then, if he went into silence and just announced for UF, it wouldn't of had any shock value.

Yes but there is an ulterior motive for the "fans" claiming that Miami got played. They are trying to push the narrative that our staff is naive and constantly gets outfoxed by other coaching staffs. Miami didn't get played. We did what we were supposed to do. Can't control what his coach is doing behind our backs. JM didn't coordinate with Hova until after he'd accepted their offer, well after he backed off his commitment to Miami. In the interim Bama and UF were in competition. If Hova was behind it, he would not have been driving up the price for UF to a point that even Bama thought was absurd. Think about the logic of it. If you have a recruit in the fold, are you going to contact one of the most notorious bag schools to have them drive up the price for your own recruit?

By that point Miami already knew it was likely out of the running. The only cards left to play were the NIL opportunities and the chance to play with the other Palmetto kids. Bags won out. I don't think the staff thought he was going to to announce for UM the 2nd time around.

Advertisement

“My Crystal Ball pick is from the same source that told me Garcia was going to transfer to Valdosta right before that news dropped a few weeks ago. That source is close to Garcia’s recruitment and has told me that Garcia hasn’t felt as comfortable as he does now with Miami due to proximity. It obviously would have been more difficult for him to take a visit to Miami while in California, considering the travel climate right now. Since he has been at Valdosta, his relationship with Miami Offensive Coordinator Rhett Lashlee has taken off and Lashlee’s ties with new Valdosta head coach Rush Propst has helped the situation.

Garcia’s family in Valdosta is pushing for Miami, according to this source. USC taking Meter Dei’s Miller Moss on June 1st didn’t help the situation, considering that Garcia wants to be the main guy moving forward. Source says that Garcia enjoys being closer to Miami because it’ll be much closer to take a visit. I have multiple sources telling me this as of last night. No timeline on the flip just yet, but I am confident it will happen”
That’s interesting if his source is true. I’ve been saying for months now that our class is just as strong as what USC has put together, and with him committing here he’s the only QB in the class. We looked good before when King only has one year here and TVD is a year ahead of Garcia. He only has to beat out TVD. At USC, Slovis has another 2-3 years and then Garcia has to compete with Moss. And the situation only got more muddled when the Pac 12 cancelled the fall season and the NCAA granted everyone an extra year of eligibility if they want it. You’d have to be blind and deaf to think that Garcia isn’t taking a long hard look at flipping to us

Advertisement

Alright.... JJ is taking his shot. I respect it

Lashlee used to recruit Colquitt back when he was at Auburn, that's where the relationship with Rush was established.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back