Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
By the looks of this clsss the hype has been justified and correct.....wouldn’t ya say?
I’m very pleased with this class, I said from the start that if we managed to land Taylor that I’d be thrilled and any of the extras (Marshall, Sapp) we’re just icing. However, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my hopes up of landing Marshall, so to avoid disappointment I’m just choosing to temper my expectations. It’s not just this class I’m referring to Cribby, there’s been a Marshall or two every single class. So I’m just changing my approach to following recruiting, I’ll follow it, but I’m just going to let it roll the way it rolls, no need in obsessing over the “watch the finish” type of hype.

Did the same thing with new movies some years back, no point in buying in to hype because all it does it set up for disappointment instead of being pleased for what the movie (or recruiting class) is.

Advertisement
By the looks of this clsss the hype has been justified and correct.....wouldn’t ya say?
I didn’t mean that as a shot at you @Cribby i meant it more in terms of how im choosing to follow recruiting. I’ll be following who’s who on our recruiting board, but I’m passed the illusions of grandeur making myself believe that we are the likely destination for every one of our top targets and that we will some how pull off this clean sweep to close our recruiting class every year. LT was a huge pickup, but because of the hype of hoping to do this 5/5 ****, when Marshall committed to UF it kind of dampened the appreciation for landing LT, when it shouldn’t have felt that way at all. We just landed the biggest fish that we’ve landed in a LONG time at the most important position on defense, but because everyone expected so much more it changed the perspective. So I still appreciate and will read all the info you and others bring to the board, but im not going to convince myself that Miller Moss is going to make the Canes land Jake Garcia or that Ewers is going to make Milton choose Miami.

I didn’t mean that as a shot at you @Cribby i meant it more in terms of how im choosing to follow recruiting. I’ll be following who’s who on our recruiting board, but I’m passed the illusions of grandeur making myself believe that we are the likely destination for every one of our top targets and that we will some how pull off this clean sweep to close our recruiting class every year. LT was a huge pickup, but because of the hype of hoping to do this 5/5 ****, when Marshall committed to UF it kind of dampened the appreciation for landing LT, when it shouldn’t have felt that way at all. We just landed the biggest fish that we’ve landed in a LONG time at the most important position on defense, but because everyone expected so much more it changed the perspective. So I still appreciate and will read all the info you and others bring to the board, im not going to convince myself that Miller Moss is going to make the Canes land Jake Garcia or that Ewers is going to make Milton choose Miami.
I didn’t take it as a shot I was just saying. Things are pretty positive minus Marshall.

I’m very pleased with this class, I said from the start that if we managed to land Taylor that I’d be thrilled and any of the extras (Marshall, Sapp) we’re just icing. However, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my hopes up of landing Marshall, so to avoid disappointment I’m just choosing to temper my expectations. It’s not just this class I’m referring to Cribby, there’s been a Marshall or two every single class. So I’m just changing my approach to following recruiting, I’ll follow it, but I’m just going to let it roll the way it rolls, no need in obsessing over the “watch the finish” type of hype.

Did the same thing with new movies some years back, no point in buying in to hype because all it does it set up for disappointment instead of being pleased for what the movie (or recruiting class) is.
That’s the nature of the game bro. They’ll never not be losses. The game is the game and unfortunately we don’t get to play on the same level. We’re just sprinting to outrun the reaper trying not to be food in the mouth of the beast for whom the bell tows lol

Advertisement
I didn’t take it as a shot I was just saying. Things are pretty positive minus Marshall.
I 100% agree with you, which is exactly my point. Getting worked up off hype has a tendency to change the perspective, expectations or misplaced hope sets up for an inevitable let down. Instead of setting up for disappointment for kids who choose elsewhere, just appreciating the ones who commit here.

The source of your disappointment is called Micheal Rumph and nothing else. He is the week link the last five years. The day manny moves on from him CB recruiting will instantly improve. Anyone who says other wise is either blind, a fool or part of the Runph fan club. Smh

That’s the nature of the game bro. They’ll never not be losses. The game is the game and unfortunately we don’t get to play on the same level. We’re just sprinting to outrun the reaper trying not to be food in the mouth of the beast for whom the bell tows lol
I know and understand that, my point is that if Garcia/Milroe end up here, excellent! I’m thrilled. But there’s no point in getting excited about the potential of it happening until they at least commit.

Advertisement
The source of your disappointment is called Micheal Rumph and nothing else. He is the week link the last five years. The day manny moves on from him CB recruiting will instantly improve. Anyone who says other wise is either blind, a fool or part of the Runph fan club. Smh
I’m not having a Rumph conversation here, but I will say there have been positions other than CB and players recruited by several different coaches that I’ve convinced myself we would land and wound up disappointed when it didn’t happen. It’s just a change in my approach is all.

Patke, too!

Why cant you guys just understand marshall and that hova guy played UM? It happens, and speak to the character of the young man. You guys want inside info, kid tells coaches he is coming, info passed along, ends up kid lies and purposely deceived our coaches. I think you are putting your frustration on the wrong people here

Advertisement
Why cant you guys just understand marshall and that hova guy played UM? It happens, and speak to the character of the young man. You guys want inside info, kid tells coaches he is coming, info passed along, ends up kid lies and purposely deceived our coaches. I think you are putting your frustration on the wrong people here
If you’re referring to me, there’s no frustration directed at anyone. I’ve said I appreciate and will follow the info brought to the board. But I’m just not going to buy into the hype that we’ll get someone. I’ll save the excitement for when it actually happens.

I didn’t mean that as a shot at you @Cribby i meant it more in terms of how im choosing to follow recruiting. I’ll be following who’s who on our recruiting board, but I’m passed the illusions of grandeur making myself believe that we are the likely destination for every one of our top targets and that we will some how pull off this clean sweep to close our recruiting class every year. LT was a huge pickup, but because of the hype of hoping to do this 5/5 ****, when Marshall committed to UF it kind of dampened the appreciation for landing LT, when it shouldn’t have felt that way at all. We just landed the biggest fish that we’ve landed in a LONG time at the most important position on defense, but because everyone expected so much more it changed the perspective. So I still appreciate and will read all the info you and others bring to the board, but im not going to convince myself that Miller Moss is going to make the Canes land Jake Garcia or that Ewers is going to make Milton choose Miami.

Dude we have lost just one recruit to another program this cycle and that was due to the player getting a massive payoff. You have to be joking or trolling to be disappointed with this recruiting class- especially after a 6-7 year.

We may also still have a few pleasant surprises in store.

Patke, too!
I agree but rumph has been here as a coach for five years. Patke is what, 2 or 3 max. Point is there both on the chopping block but Rumph first as rumph has been recruiting like **** for longer and if Patke doesn’t turn things around he’s next.

I know and understand that, my point is that if Garcia/Milroe end up here, excellent! I’m thrilled. But there’s no point in getting excited about the potential of it happening until they at least commit.
Then why be on the recruiting forum if you don't what to see good news and get hyped. Recruiting is a rollercoaster up and downs always has been that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back