Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

I'm sure the kids was awake last season and saw how quickly TvD when from backup to star. I'd see the through next year because he's next man up.

Also, wtf is in Nebraska???

Advertisement
I'm sure the kids was awake last season and saw how quickly TvD when from backup to star. I'd see the through next year because he's next man up.

Also, wtf is in Nebraska???

A bunch of farmboys, corn fields and tornadoes.

I can remember pushing freight through Nebraska, and there was a tornado warning. I looked outside to see if people were taking shelter, and I saw a guy with a car and Nebraska plates casually pumping fuel, smoking a cigarette; leaning at an angle to counteract the 45mph wind.

Thought to myself, "Well ****, if he's not worried, I'm not worried."

I went into the bunk and fell asleep and didn't give it a second thought, lol.

Last edited:
And if I recall correctly there was a third guy --- Vanderwende (sic) ---who sat behind both of them and was never heard from again.
What i also recall is that it was a very close competition and the three of them walked over together to meet with the head coach so he could inform them who would be doing what. Vanderwende was the odd man out.
IMO Vanderwende should have transferred or at least explored the opportunity to see if he could get actual playing time by doing so. I don't consider it a maturity issue; rather he'd be exploring his options. Not exactly the same but similar to what Burrows did when he went to LSU.
People assumed Vinny would win the competition because he was the big, strong, athletic kid with the great arm, whereas Bernie looked like a guy named Bernie and had none of the physical attributes. But Bernie was a redshirt and very bright so he beat out Vinny in 1983 and the rest is history.

People assumed Vinny would win the competition because he was the big, strong, athletic kid with the great arm, whereas Bernie looked like a guy named Bernie and had none of the physical attributes. But Bernie was a redshirt and very bright so he beat out Vinny in 1983 and the rest is history.
True. - just in case you needed a second on that one. 😉
Just had a bad Penn State flashback ..... 😡

Advertisement
Nebraska recruiting coordinator:

1639197802563.png

We have no QBs on the roster who are capable of running a complex offense. Especially with what Whipple will bring in. A transfer is needed at minimum. Smothers doesn't have the arm strength. Good kid but he's not a long term solution.

Since you're here....are you guys ready to pitchfork frost out town yet or 1 more season?
I wanted him gone this year. Can anyone actually name a scenario where firing half the staff but keeping the ******* running the ship actually works out? I don't think I can.. His buy out was insane and the restructuring saves us a ton of money but at what cost? 2 lost years that didn't need to be.. Starting next year, we gave up our season tickets spanning an entire generation of family, 72 years... You guys got a winner in Cristobal. Hopefully we can do a real coaching search for once and actually pay for some real Coordinators that actually have experience.

I wanted him gone this year. Can anyone actually name a scenario where firing half the staff but keeping the ******* running the ship actually works out? I don't think I can.. His buy out was insane and the restructuring saves us a ton of money but at what cost? 2 lost years that didn't need to be.. Starting next year, we gave up our season tickets spanning an entire generation of family, 72 years... You guys got a winner in Cristobal. Hopefully we can do a real coaching search for once and actually pay for some real Coordinators that actually have experience.
Brian Kelly is the only guy I can think of who worked out after sacking half the staff.

Advertisement
Brian Kelly did it one year after they went 4-8. 2016 maybe? But yeah you're right it's the exception not the rule.

Update I asked my buddy at work about Jake and to ask his Nebraska booster friend. this is the answer I got. So my buddy said Garcia’s dad played here. That’s why he might come here. Not for sure if he’s coming here but he’s probably leaving Miami for sure
He’s not going anywhere anytime soon and def not Nebraska

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back