Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

This wouldn’t surprise me, if u know his family’s history. Again, I said in his thread that I hope he has matured from his time in So Cal.
Agree Relly. What Nebraska missed terribly this season was solid QB play. They were in games, but couldn't get over the hump because their QB was inconsistent. I hope Jake stays, but knowing his father played there, this would not surprise me either.

Advertisement
I'll worry about it IF/WHEN it becomes an actual problem.
Until then, I'm just going to enjoy how great it is being here
without Manny!!!
crowd applaud.gif

Sucks if he leaves but it is what it is. I was thinking we’d become relevant again in TVD’s time and maybe get over the hump with Garcia. Revamped roster and culture by then.

Advertisement
My cousin is from West Point, so I’ll be watching, as well, w/ him via Zoom. He played for Army back in 2001 before become full time military. Will be rooting for Army.
Retired US Marine and so naturally I've worked with the Navy for many years and grown to cheer them on. Hope you fellas enjoy the game and I hope we get another thriller like '17.

Agree Relly. What Nebraska missed terribly this season was solid QB play. They were in games, but couldn't get over the hump because their QB was inconsistent. I hope Jake stays, but knowing his father played there, this would not surprise me either.
Jake would be lights out at Nebraska. Saw them play every game this season. The most hard luck team of the year. He could run frost’s offense and improve the team greatly.

Jake would be lights out at Nebraska. Saw them play every game this season. The most hard luck team of the year. He could run frost’s offense and improve the team greatly.
Again, my great hope is that he remains a Miami Hurricane. We are one bad play away from needing him to step up, but yes, I believe he is much better than the young man they had who recently transferred out. I really like Jake as a QB, and I'm excited to see how he develops with all the talent around him and good coaching.

Again, my great hope is that he remains a Miami Hurricane. We are one bad play away from needing him to step up, but yes, I believe he is much better than the young man they had who recently transferred out. I really like Jake as a QB, and I'm excited to see how he develops with all the talent around him and good coaching.
Agree Mario will build a wall around TVD and yes Jake would be one great back up to come in. Not sure but i believe we are recruiting another QB

Advertisement
What I don't get is why someone would want to leave our offensive talent in a tropical Miami environment for a whole new personnel in the middle of Cornfield USA, just because you might have to wait a year, not to mention an injury away from playing right away.
Look at his patterns the past 5 years and you got your answer.

Every team every where is one bad play from someone else stepping up....

This would be a horrible move for Jake. There's nothing like being a QB at the U. He will be the man at the U at worst in 1-2 years. Reasons he should stay:

• Nebraska has been mediocre for years
  • Scott Frost is under significant pressure to perform
  • Lincoln is the type of place I can't wait to leave (similar to Columbus, OH and other super boring **** holes in various places around the country). Lincoln over Miami as a place to live...say what? It ain't even close
  • He would likely sink into obscurity and blow his best chance at the NFL
  • Who wants to be surrounded 24/7 by a bunch of c@rnh@les?
  • Is tipping cows fun?
  • Who wants to date a hefer?
  • It's really cold & bleak there much of the year. Isn't this all why other recruits from South Florida hit the Portal (when they realized their horrendous mistake)?
  • Jake may be QB1 at the U in as little as 1 yr if TVD has a great season next yr (or unfortunately gets injured)
  • Good players play elsewhere; Legends play at the U
  • Mario is an awesome recruiter & will heavily upgrade the trenches & elevate the play of the TEs
  • Jake will have some fantastic TEs and WRs to throw to (Arroyo & the 3 amigos, among others)
  • Mario will bring toughness back to the U & restore us to greatness. Exciting time to be at the U
  • Being QB1 @ Miami rocks
  • South Beach, beautiful chicas, natural beauty of South Florida, boating, fishing, nightlife
  • Higher quality of education & better professional & business opps down the line
  • Better NIL opps in a much bigger market...hello!!
  • Learn from former Miami QB greats (invaluable)
  • Much more likely to compete in playoffs at Miami by the end of his run

Hey Nebraska...a Hurricane is coming so hold on to your corn!

Honestly can't even believe this thread is a thing.

Advertisement
Neb Fan here.

As far as I know. Jake Garcia to Nebraska isn't a thing. I'm pretty well entrenched in the portal craziness right now and out of all the QB names flying around, I have never heard his name come up. Frost and Garcia actually had a pretty good relationship during his high school recruiting process but that's it and obviously nothing happened there.

Neb Fan here.

As far as I know. Jake Garcia to Nebraska isn't a thing. I'm pretty well entrenched in the portal craziness right now and out of all the QB names flying around, I have never heard his name come up. Frost and Garcia actually had a pretty good relationship during his high school recruiting process but that's it and obviously nothing happened there.
ezgif-3-d90d000b952e.gif

Also:

wrMUpV.0.0.gif

Advertisement
Neb Fan here.

I mentioned it to a few of my coworkers who are Huskers fans and they were surprised to hear that name. Some of them want to see how Smothers develops. Garcia would be a day 1 starter for you guys. I don't want to see him go, but these are the times for college football.

I mentioned it to a few of my coworkers who are Huskers fans and they were surprised to hear that name. Some of them want to see how Smothers develops. Garcia would be a day 1 starter for you guys. I don't want to see him go, but these are the times for college football.
We have no QBs on the roster who are capable of running a complex offense. Especially with what Whipple will bring in. A transfer is needed at minimum. Smothers doesn't have the arm strength. Good kid but he's not a long term solution.

We have no QBs on the roster who are capable of running a complex offense. Especially with what Whipple will bring in. A transfer is needed at minimum. Smothers doesn't have the arm strength. Good kid but he's not a long term solution.
Since you're here....are you guys ready to pitchfork frost out town yet or 1 more season?

Great call.
I know its the NFL but Aaron Rodgers sat behind Favre for 2 years
And going Way back Testeverde sat behind Kosar, and then won the Heisman

And if I recall correctly there was a third guy --- Vanderwende (sic) ---who sat behind both of them and was never heard from again.
What i also recall is that it was a very close competition and the three of them walked over together to meet with the head coach so he could inform them who would be doing what. Vanderwende was the odd man out.
IMO Vanderwende should have transferred or at least explored the opportunity to see if he could get actual playing time by doing so. I don't consider it a maturity issue; rather he'd be exploring his options. Not exactly the same but similar to what Burrows did when he went to LSU.

Advertisement
Back