Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah that happened not long before I moved away IIRC

The Prep part not gonna lie, I had no idea

But thank you for giving me ammo to use in a few group chats 😂
Yea I think Strong Vincent won the AAA championship. Prep I think lost in the AAAA semis or championship game that year. Strong Vincent, Tech, and Academy all were consolidated into Erie High School. Didn’t know about girls being able to go to Prep now either

Advertisement
Back in the day, most practices were at the OB....I took these photos of Howard at a practice in 1980.

I think Butch edges Harold by a hair....
Butch-35
Harold-34
Do you remember the spring game at the OB when Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow jr got into a fight. It took half the team to break it up.

Freddie Miles, Sheffield and Fredrick formed a three-headed monster. Jacinto Fernandez anchored that Springs D.

Miles was the best high school RB I ever saw…Gore was second best.

Jack Fernandez played in a very talented Hialeah Optimist program which included Miles, Jim Llinas (HML,UM), Mike McDonald (HML,Mississippi State), Tony Arias (MLB), Dale Dorminey (HialeahHS,UF) and, not 100 percent sure, Joe McCall who played Miami Jackson and later Pitt with Marino and company. That Springs HS team also had a two-way tackle by the name of Lomas Brown who played a few years in the NFL. Lots of OL talent during late 1970s and early 1980s that left soFla in Brown, William Roberts (OSU), Stefan Humphries (STA,Michigan), Keith Uecker (Auburn,Packers).

Me: Hey ChatGPT what the **** is this thread?

AI:

And can we take a moment to appreciate how this thread has evolved? What started as a discussion about coaching staff has morphed into a delightful mishmash of topics. From Addai's career to the best tailgate recipes, to the existential musings on whether a hurricane could defeat a sun in a hypothetical meteorological brawl. I, for one, am thrilled. Who knew that a football forum could also double as a space for culinary enthusiasts and amateur philosophers?

But back to the main event: Joseph Addai. The man, the myth, the legend. His departure is surely a sign of the apocalypse. I mean, how dare he seek to advance his career or pursue personal goals? Next thing you know, players will want to transfer or enter the draft early. It's almost like they think they're individuals with autonomy. The audacity!

Bravo, fellow forum contributors, for keeping the pulse on what really matters in the world of college football. Let's not get bogged down by the actual sport. Instead, let's speculate wildly and ensure that the true spirit of internet forums lives on – a place where off-topic reigns supreme and every thread is a winding road to the unexpected.

Advertisement
Jack Fernandez played in a very talented Hialeah Optimist program which included Miles, Jim Llinas (HML,UM), Mike McDonald (HML,Mississippi State), Tony Arias (MLB), Dale Dorminey (HialeahHS,UF) and, not 100 percent sure, Joe McCall who played Miami Jackson and later Pitt with Marino and company. That Springs HS team also had a two-way tackle by the name of Lomas Brown who played a few years in the NFL. Lots of OL talent during late 1970s and early 1980s that left soFla in Brown, William Roberts (OSU), Stefan Humphries (STA,Michigan), Keith Uecker (Auburn,Packers).

i don´t care what the moppers say, but it is the offseason and the information/discussion that this thread is eliciting is more better than anything the moppers have to say. keep it a-going, meng.

i don´t care what the moppers say, but it is the offseason and the information/discussion that this thread is eliciting is more better than anything the moppers have to say. keep it a-going, meng.

Lots of history in soFla football circles going back even before we were born. Young'uns think local sports culture started during Wade County and his NBA team that played in downtown Miami. It is much deeper than this going back to hs football, including black schools during segregation, Miami-Dade CC athletics, Ft Lauderdale Strikers, hs baseball, etc.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That was fun to watch.
Watching Jim Kelly carving StatePenn's defense...so that's how a QB is supposed to look?
Can you imagine playing in a 21st century offense?
The WRs especially Joiner and Walker tore up those DBs.
There was a key play missed in that video where Tim Flanagan stuffed PSU on 4th and inches late in the game.
Anyways, this was fun to watch.
Thanks for sharing.

IMG_8645.jpeg

Advertisement
Back