Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Back to topic...sort of....I see Sam Madison was let go by the Fins...could he be a viable candidate? I ask because he seems to have ties in soFla (similar to Jason Taylor).
Sam Madison did a really good job with the Chiefs' and Dolphins' secondaries, and would be a huge upgrade from a coaching perspective, but he's never recruited (the same thing with Jason Taylor and that has turned out pretty well).

Advertisement
Sam Madison did a really good job with the Chiefs' and Dolphins' secondaries, and would be a huge upgrade from a coaching perspective, but he's never recruited (the same thing with Jason Taylor and that has turned out pretty well).
Taylor coached aquinas though so it involves some level of recruiting. i do think taylor eventually lands an NFL DL gig and leaves for that.

DaddyWouldYouLikeSomeSausage.gif

Fair point regarding recruiting aspect and with Taylor he had experience coaching high school ball so at least he had some experience working and recruiting for STA.

Advertisement
Fair point regarding recruiting aspect and with Taylor he had experience coaching high school ball so at least he had some experience working and recruiting for STA.
Taylor coached aquinas though so it involves some level of recruiting. i do think taylor eventually lands an NFL DL gig and leaves for that.
Sam Madison coached at STA for a couple of years at the same time as Taylor. Steve Spagnuolo hired Madison for the Chiefs directly out of STA.

Advertisement
Give me Evan Cooper. Rhule is a loser but he's got an eye for coaches. He helped Elijah Robinson and Joey Mcguire get their careers started. Both have a track record of being dynamic recruiters and solid coaches.

I think Cooper fits that same bill. Cooper also spent time with Fran Brown at Temple. Baby Fran on deck!

Prying Cooper away from Rhule doesn’t seem likely to me.

Hope they prove me wrong. I think he’d be a very good hire
Cooper is from the area and started his coaching career at Westminster Academy. Obviously a lot of ties to Rhule but I don't see how him leaving Nebraska would be that far-fetched unless he's that attached to the hip. Jackson would be a safe, albeit unspectacular hire and I'm not sure that's what we should be doing given the opportunity to upgrade from Addae.

Advertisement
Who had the Shannon news first last year?

It feels like the RB corch name came out of left field (Merritt)

Who had the Shannon news first last year?

It feels like the RB corch name came out of left field (Merritt)
Def left field with the RB coach.

Chevis is more of a name from being a player but I wish we would be hiring a more proven elite name. Addae couldn’t have been cheap

Advertisement
Def left field with the RB coach.

Chevis is more of a name from being a player but I wish we would be hiring a more proven elite name. Addae couldn’t have been cheap
Addae was the Georgia DB coach who was supposed to be an elite recruiter and it didn't work out. When it comes to position coaches it's best to just take a wait and see approach.

Advertisement
Back