Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
This thread was derailed days ago so praying Mario makes a hire soon and it can be mercifully nuked into oblivion.
trainwreck GIF

It turned into a talk about ancient history, when dinosaurs roamed the planet.

Back in the day when players suffered multiple concussions, during first day of practice, and coaches and teammates would walk over and around them to scrimmage on another patch of practice field.
Same era where having your "bell rung" was an official diagnosis.

Advertisement
I stand corrected on my errant reference to 1982 team which was actually 1981. The 1982 season was actually disappointing alot of it due to Jim Kelly being injured and, later, Mark Richt being suspended for off-field stuff (yeah, you read it correctly. Lol), plus the other back-up Kyle Van Der Wende(?)....which resulted in true frosh Vinny Testerverde playing at Maryland and krapping the sheets...lol
Brodsky was the coach at HML during my 10th grade...Anderson later coached at UF and kind of became the gaturds' link to soFla recruiting ( and a very good one at that) and Vagotis had one of the finest seasons of any of UM's ol coaches coaching up a bunch of transfers, and a converted DE to win a national championship in '83.

Finally, I don't believe Charlie Pell was the uf HC when Fred Marion was being recruited. He was still at Clemson with Doug ****ey at uf.

wouldn't be the last time Vinny crapped the sheets

Back in the day when players suffered multiple concussions, during first day of practice, and coaches and teammates would walk over and around them to scrimmage on another patch of practice field.
Let us never forget that Howard said that what the Bear put him and his teammates through at Kentucky was MUCH WORSE than anything he put the “Junction Boys” through at aTm.

Advertisement
I would rank Sam Jankovich fourth. As you said, he brought in Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson.

And I not sure Zo and Bratton were the first "local" national stars to stay home. You may be correct, but where were Eddie Edwards and Ottis Anderson ranked?
Eddie Brown after them as well. Not sure what he was ranked though.

It turned into a talk about ancient history, when dinosaurs roamed the planet.

But those dinosaurs were tough and physical and just elite prehistoric reptiles.

Mario Cristostone used to use 3 triceratops when more creative coaches would mix in pterodactyls and velociraptors….

Story as old as time…

Advertisement
Back in the day, most practices were at the OB....I took these photos of Howard at a practice in 1980.
Continuing with the thread derailment, a couple of good videos on UM's (arguably) greatest DL coach, Harold Allen.

I think Butch edges Harold by a hair....
Butch-35
Harold-34

Advertisement
Sabans last two classes (especially his last class) should NEVER be overlooked. He set Howard up pretty **** well.
100% and my guy Lester Williams was the linchpin of the 1978 class. The amount of freshmen and sophomores we played in State College was unbelievable in 1979.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back