Jaelan Phillips about to wreak havoc in the NFL

Advertisement
Well Greg didn't quit on his team so I'll leave that comment alone. SMH

Greg to me had just broke the surface of his potential until having to opt out. I just think this kid is going to explode and all the teams that passed him up are going to question themselves after.

By the way Every and I mean Every NFL scout and coach had Dion Jordan as the best DE to come out in 20 years. Look how that turned out.
Dude that was one of the worst drafts ever it took a second rounder to move from 12 or 13 to 3. Clowney or Myles Garett have been the best defensive ends to come out in 20 years. Greg bet against himself to take the guaranteed money and be a first or second rounder. It most likely cost him being a top 10 pick but we never know who would have been the player that shined last year with Phillips there. I understand it but that’s just not me. What if he got hurt, or didn’t produce as well.

Well Greg didn't quit on his team so I'll leave that comment alone. SMH

Greg to me had just broke the surface of his potential until having to opt out. I just think this kid is going to explode and all the teams that passed him up are going to question themselves after.

By the way Every and I mean Every NFL scout and coach had Dion Jordan as the best DE to come out in 20 years. Look how that turned out.
Gotta ask why you think he didn’t quit on his team or himself? He had a legit excuse to not play last year and he took it. He didn’t have to take it, but he did.

Now Phillips had every excuse in the world to quit with his concussions but perseverance paid off in a big way for him. As someone who hires people if it is even close in skill set during an interview I am taking the fighter over the other person who took the easy way every single time.

Advertisement
Gotta ask why you think he didn’t quit on his team or himself? He had a legit excuse to not play last year and he took it. He didn’t have to take it, but he did.

Now Phillips had every excuse in the world to quit with his concussions but perseverance paid off in a big way for him. As someone who hires people if it is even close in skill set during an interview I am taking the fighter over the other person who took the easy way every single time.
Because he chose family first. If you don't know the story then go look it up. If you would choose the money over family then good for you.

Because he chose family first. If you don't know the story then go look it up. If you would choose the money over family then good for you.
Did he get a job to help support his family or did he just train? If so, in the end he may have cost his family money by trying to take the play it safe route.

Regardless, his decision and wish him nothing but the best until he plays Miami and I still hope he has a great game but they lose each time. If I have fantasy players on Miami offense I want him to have horrible games tbh

Because his mom was a nurse? I don’t really understand how not trying to better your draft stock to make it where they never have to work again would be a better decision. Making money helps his family. Imo it was an excuse to try to solidify his spot as a first or second rounder. He didn’t want to take the risk of getting hurt or not performing as well. For all you know he saw Phillips train with them the whole year before and knew he was in trouble. I’m sure the staff was as up front as could be with the nfl staffs about how those practices went when both were training together.

Advertisement
Did he get a job to help support his family or did he just train? If so, in the end he may have cost his family money by trying to take the play it safe route.

Regardless, his decision and wish him nothing but the best until he plays Miami and I still hope he has a great game but they lose each time. If I have fantasy players on Miami offense I want him to have horrible games tbh
He took a contract to keep his mom home instead of work. She was a COVID nurse. He did it for her and I'm sure he would do it again. Some people care more about family than the amount of millions in the bank. Some don't.

Because his mom was a nurse? I don’t really understand how not trying to better your draft stock to make it where they never have to work again would be a better decision. Making money helps his family. Imo it was an excuse to try to solidify his spot as a first or second rounder. He didn’t want to take the risk of getting hurt or not performing as well. For all you know he saw Phillips train with them the whole year before and knew he was in trouble. I’m sure the staff was as up front as could be with the nfl staffs about how those practices went when both were training together.
I guess you can believe what you want. It's old news now. He's a millionaire and about to explode onto the scene in the NFL.

LOL about the being afraid of Phillips. That's some funny sht.

Barring injury, he is absolutely bust proof. Super athletic, high motor player with plus size who shows productivity when he's on the field. Defensive line coaches have wet dreams about guys like him.
Yeah I think he’s got the high character you look for when figuring out if a kid can handle the transition or not

he’s got all the right things I would want if I’m drafting someone, even if at times I think Rousseau displayed more dominance

Advertisement
Yes correct.

But had better numbers than Cameron Jordan who is top 3 in the NFL.

Jordan and Calais are exceptions, not the rule. Take a look at the top 20 sack leaders (DE) over the past five years. How many of them fit the 6'3-6'5 240+ lbs mold as opposed to 6'5-6'8 260+ lbs?

We wouldn't have **** had GR played last season anyways, so stop whining and crying over spilled milk!
No one is crying, more just trying to paint a different picture. I would go with Phillips over GR and there are a lot of variables that go into that decision mostly being the build and speed of both players. Once again if I had them graded close I’d also choose Phillips bc perseverance.

Advertisement
The best edge rusher in the draft and possibly can be a sleeper all time type player. I don't think I gave the man his due but after watching workouts and film and other people's film breakdown.....the man can be not only great but an all time type player.
Too bad Manny couldn’t make him that while he was here. When a player is sleeper break out player, their college coaches have some splaining to do.

Too bad Manny couldn’t make him that while he was here. When a player is sleeper break out player, their college coaches have some splaining to do.
that means the eval was good, if he can be good and Scaiffe is trrash thats on Scaiffe as a player they fuqed up and offered a ship

15.5 tackles for a loss isn’t bad. He fell in the draft because his medical issues. I would say he is the only player who consistently flashed on the hurricanes defense last year. The player that concerns me is how Gurvan Hall hasn’t become an all American. Thought he would be out next great DB when he signed with us.

Advertisement
Back